1. Monrovia — Most complete team around. Starting 11s are as good as anybody.
2. Bishop Amat – Good defense and run game. Not a bad combo.
3. Charter Oak — Have to trust that Chargers will use defense in proper way.
4. West Covina — Defense takes backseat to no one and offense isn’t one-dimensional.
5. Chino Hills — Overall team speed has me a bit worried, but we’ll see …
6. Damien — Will find out whether the lines are a big concern vs. O-Lu.
7. St. Paul — Like the talent on hand, but worried about cohesion.
8. La Habra — Highlanders still solid, but not sure this team is better than last year.
9. St. Francis — If good skill players are found, Knights may fly up this list.
10. La Mirada — Know Mats have lines, but curious about how much speed there is.
11. La Serna — Lancers will get teste in nonleague. League shouldn’t be a problem.
12. Maranatha — Addition of McClain at TE/DE gives Minutemen a missing piece.
13. Bonita — I go hot and cold on the Bearcats. Right now, I’m hot. In a week?
14. San Dimas — Plug-n-play system means solid results should continue.
15. Ayala — ‘Dogs had better take care of business against Diamond Bar.
16. San Gabriel — With a little time, Mats will be formidable once again.
17. Arcadia — Ground game should thrive no matter who’s carrying the rock.
18. South Hills — Word from Covina scrimmage gives cause for pause.
19. Cantwell — St. Bernard going bye bye flings door wide open for Cards in Del Rey.
20. Diamond Ranch — Can’t believe it’s skill and not size I’m worried about.
21. Claremont — Hoping WestCo scrimmage was an aberration.
22. Arroyo — Knights can ease “No Rivera” fears with win over Los Altos on Friday.
23. Rio Hondo Prep — All of a sudden everyone is a Kare believer.
24. El Monte — Schedule is there to fly up this poll. It’s all on B-Mart.
25. Northview — Playoff spots are up for grabs in Valle Vista. Vikes look ready.