An ad hoc committee for the Mt. SAC Area on Tuesday drafted an idea that would change the complexion of the Hacienda League in a way not yet heard during this round of re-leaguing proposals.
The new idea would put Charter Oak, San Dimas and South Hills in the Hacienda League along with current Hacienda schools West Covina, Walnut and Los Altos.
It’s important to remember that Tuesday’s meeting of the ad hoc committee was merely a brainstorming session. The committee is made up of a principal and an athletic director from each of the six leagues that comprise the Mt. SAC Area. The six leagues are: Montview, Valle Vista, Mt. Baldy, Baseline, Sierra and Hacienda.
The group will meet again next Tuesday to finalize the three proposals they will put forward at next month’s area meeting, which will all but make official the new plans for the area. In the past, the ad hoc committee had considerable power but given that individual schools can now make proposals, the influence is less.
The remainder of the league ideas are as follows:
– Los Osos, Etiwanda, Rancho,Claremont, Glendora,Colony
– Ayala, Bonita, Chino, Diamond Bar, Chino Hills, Upland
– Chaffey, Don Lugo, Ontario, Montclair, Alta Loma, Diamond Ranch
– Baldwin Park, Covina, Nogales, Northview, Wilson, Rowland
– Duarte, Gladstone, Azusa, La Puente, Sierra Vista, Workman
– Garey, Pomona, Ganesha, Edgewood, Bassett
Aram’s take: Now we’re cooking with oil. This is an outstanding idea and hopefully they stick with it and turn it into a proposal.