NOTE: The first Top 25 came out in January. This is the second. There will be another AFTER the spring/summer passing circuit and then a final preseason one leading up to the season in August. This is merely a guideline and estimation of where these teams are NOW. Things will undoubtedly change.
1. Bishop Amat — Got the QB to build around, but questions do abound elsewhere.
2. Charter Oak — Keep an eye on how many sophs get long looks this spring/summer.
3. La Mirada — The darling of college recruiters, Mats look loaded once again.
4. La Habra — Highlanders, led by their D, should be back to championship form.
5. Chino Hills — New head coach, but offense should produce plenty of fireworks.
6. La Serna — Two of top 3 WRs are back for QB Palmer. Hoping LS opens it up.
7. Monrovia — If Scoby plays, this could be the best ground game around.
8. San Dimas — Passing circuit isn’t their thing, but will be nice to see talent level.
9. Diamond Bar — Noodles makes team very scary at skill spots. Line and D are ?s.
10. South Hills — Heard rumblings that QB Goss will be moved to RB. Thoughts?
11. West Covina — Will rely on players who haven’t proven to be reliable in past.
12. Los Altos — Program has momentum and plenty of returning skill players.
13. La Salle — Got some impact transfers in skill spots, but line is still a worry.
14. Muir — Program fights an uphill battle, but HC Hardy has momentum.
15. Diamond Ranch — Hard to gauge where Panthers fit in Hacienda as of now.
16. Claremont — Could be this year’s Ayala with all that returning skill.
17. Bonita — Losing RB Turner really hurts, but some good skill is back.
18. Rio Hondo Prep — Fantastic senior class departs, but workhorse RB is back.
19. Montebello — Hearing good things about overall talent level on hand.
20. Arroyo — Things figure to get back to normal in MVL with Knights on top.
21. Rowland — Snyder resignation stings, but there’s players to work with.
22. Duarte — Should be fastest team by far in the Montview.
23. Azusa — Experience in key spots, but defense must get better.
24. Ayala — QB Meyette is back but all other key skill guys are gone.
25. St. Francis — Have to think this is another rebuilding year.