Note: The next All-Encompassing Top 25 will be out just before the start of the season. We’ve now had spring practice, passing games and a transfer season to digest and help form better opinions.
1. Bishop Amat — Rare, strong showing on passing circuit. Hmm …
2. La Mirada — Maybe the nontstop hype is getting to me.
3. La Habra — Got transfers and size, they’re back.
4. Chino Hills — Reloaded and ready to re-claim Sierra.
5. Charter Oak — Still talented, but experience is lacking.
6. La Serna — Seeking third straight finals appearance.
7. South Hills — Opened eyes by winning Santa Fe tourney.
8. Monrovia — Run-heavy team had so-so passing circuit.
9. Los Altos — Here it is, my SURPRISE TEAM.
10. St. Francis — Like what I’ve heard about talent level.
11. West Covina — Formidable again if adequate QB is found.
12. Diamond Bar — Loaded with skill guys even sans Noodles.
13. San Dimas — You don’t lose Jake Payton and get better.
14. La Salle — Poised for another big regular season.
15. Diamond Ranch — QB play is key for Panthers’ chances.
16. Claremont — Ready to be a factor again in Sierra.
17. Santa Fe — Beat La Mirada in ’12 and QB looks legit.
18. Arroyo — Another quality product forthcoming.
19. Muir — Quiet on passing circuit is worrisome.
20. Rio Hondo Prep — Tayco left, Tayco right, Tayco all night.
21. Montebello — Confirmed: Talent is improved.
22. Bonita — Nothing flashy, but solid all around.
23. Rowland — RB DUffus + excellent O-line. Scary again.
24. Whittier Chr. — Program maintains quality.
25. Duarte — Might be too athletic for Montview.