Noodles is back! And he’s got his teammates to thank …

“I was just thinking about how I’m going to get ready because I’m going to be on the field,” Hull said of his thoughts toward the end of Brahmas’ 63-29 beat-down over defending champion Downey. “I couldn’t believe it. They kept promising me that I was going to play this year and they kept their promise.”

Noodles1

The Diamond Bar High School football team kept its promise to teammate Antonio “Noodles” Hull.
When Hull, a standout all-purpose threat on offense and defensive back, was declared ineligible last summer by the CIF-Southern Section until Nov. 16 after it determined his transfer from West Covina to Diamond Bar was athletically motivated, his teammates assured him they’d get to the second round so he’d have at least one game his junior season.
Last Friday night, the Bramhas delivered. Diamond Bar, the No. 3 team out of the Hacienda League went on the road and put a 63-29 whipping on defending division champion Downey.
And because of that, Hull will be suited up and fully eligible for game action this Friday when the Brahmas host powerful La Serna in the second round of the Southeast Division playoffs. Kickoff is 7:30 p.m.
“I was just thinking about how I’m going to get ready because I’m going to be on the field,” Hull said of his thoughts toward the end of the Downey game. “I couldn’t believe it. They kept promising me that I was going to play this year and they kept their promise.”
After some late-season drama that included a forfeited game against Rowland due to suspensions that came as a result of a brawl against rival Diamond Ranch on Oct. 18, the Brahmas appeared to be real long shots to even make the playoffs heading into Week 10.

• Football fan

Good luck you deserve the best.. Go brahmas.. Go noodles

• AMAT 73

Good for him and the team . Paid his dues to CIF and he can make the right kind of noise on the field instead of the appeals table .

• GP AKA Green Machine

This is already one of the top recap stories of the year, but If Dbar finds itself in Semis after beating Downey, and La Serna…you can start putting their coach in the running for coach of the year. With Burbank or Sante Fe Going to Semis…if DBar can get there, they can beat either of those teams to go to the Finals…..That would be the biggest turnaround in the Area…At the End of the year a DBar w/ Hull could be the

#3 or #4 Team in the SGV. Why not? Dranch was ranked that high. I will checking the blog for these highlights…I am taking Dbar…Stamp it

Diamond Bar 42 La Serna 38

• PatrickHT

Just maybe Aram was on to something picking them!

• AramT

That’s the thing. ANYBODY who saw Noodles in the playoffs last year with WestCo knows that by season’s end, he was one of the top 5 players in the division. Now he’s a year older and who knows how good he’s gotten. I promise you, if he had played this year he would be one of the top two or three players in the Valley. Hopefully it comes out on Friday night.

• GP AKA Green Machine

This week he is really going to have to let the game come to him. I hope he does not press too much. Dbar is hot…I hopes he focuses on Defense. They are going to have to cover….

• LA Dad

Why did the parents move him from W Covina to D Bar? Did they think they were getting a better team? Had to kill a program when the kids you develop leave to be on a better team.

• PatrickHT

Dude, leave it alone! Your throwing flames!

• GP AKA Green Machine

West Co is out DB is in..

• Catch me if you can

He was moved from West Covina because of the harassment and safety concerns.

• LA Dad

That doesnt make any sense. He was at WC, playing. Why and who would harass him for staying at WC. I understand he came and then the legal problems started but again, why did he leave WC?

• Catch me if you can

Obviously his parents felt the need to move him after he was being taunted for 3 months, being told that he was an “F” up during games, telling him that he should “just leave” the school. He already going through enough personal home issues so how do you think that makes a 14 year old feel. He felt that they did not have ANY confidence in him because us the things that some of the coaches said to him instead us saying good job, you’ll get em next time, a certain coach is basically saying that he ain’t worth nothing. They even took his highlights off of hudl when he wasn’t even checked out of the school.

• saints Fan

I’m surprised he doesn’t have anything yet, I personally have not seen him, but if little “snoop” has offer’s, why are they waiting on this kid.

• The Chef

Greenie, Weren’t you the one that took BP, Paramount, WC and South Hills as upset wins last week? Thank you. You make me feel much better about La Serna’s chances… At 0-4 last week, You obviously know nothing about football…

• GP AKA Green Machine

I did not take South Hills. BP almost won prove me right….Los Al won with injured QB, and west co is not as good As I thought. I am still not picking La Serna to win the Southeast.

• The Chef

Go back to your “upset” picks for last week. I can copy your post if you cant find it. You picked BP, Paramount (not LA), WC and South Hills… 0-4… and with results like that, I am glad you are taking D-Bar… Your memory is no better than your picks

• Southeast follower

Coach of the Year…Really. Short term memory of the lack of control he had over his team against D Ranch.

• GP AKA Green Machine

well, they find themselves turning it around

• PatrickHT

Whatever! DB is the one still playing so they’ ve already accomplished more than most thought they would! Let them enjoy their time w/o all of the boo hoo garbage…We ALL get that you hate the program and coach and all that crap!

• PatrickHT

GO get em man! I hope DB takes it ALL!

• So cal

Can’t wait to watch noodles. Good luck to the brahmas

• SE div

DBar is a good team. They only will get better with hull.
    This will be a good game.
    La Serna is a good team. I am still blown out my the way Dbar beat Downey especially since Downey had key returners.

• Valley Athletics

Don’t forget about number 4 , 24 ,17 and 1 . They where great against Walnut . But my concerns is the trenches . They did not look good on the O line and D line . Most plays where 1 yArd passes turned into big plays because walnut couldn’t tackle . don’t know much about La Serna . But if they are physical it’s going to give DB a problem. Noodles will help a little . But he could be rusty after sitting a year . How much reps could he of got at practice this year .

• Southeast follower

La Serna is strong at both O Line and D Line. You are on point on your concerns. La Serna played WC and Noodles last year and moved on.

• saints Fan

Good for him, he got the royal shaft with all the other “crap” CIF approved that was just as wrong, at least this kid will get a couple shots….. hope he does well and stays healthy.

• Catch me if you can

How is it okay for grown adults to Taunt a kid at school and they are not held accountable for it, but because the parents decide to remove him out of the school, the kid is suspended for a whole year by CIF because they say it is “athletically motivated”.