So yeah, this the opener for the 2014 season. There will be another after spring/before passing tournament circuit and another one after that and then a final preseason one right before the season in August. But don’t hold me to any of that either.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @aramtolegian
1. Bishop Amat — You know it’s scary when I’m more excited than Freddie.
2. Charter Oak — Worried about defensive losses, but offense is scary.
3. Glendora — Arguably the best QB around in Fink makes Tarty scary.
4. Muir — Your early favorite in the Southeast.
5. St. Francis — Heavy graduation losses, but program reloads well.
6. Chino Hills — Tons of skill back, but defense has to get better.
7. Los Altos — So much returning line talent. Another big year coming.
8. La Habra — The rumblings haven’t been all positive this offseason.
9. San Dimas — QB, top-two rushers gone. But D is loaded.
10. Diamond Bar — Noodles for a full year and loads of skill talent back.
11. Damien — Lost some studs on D, but RB Thigpen is real deal.
12. La Mirada — Defense has to get faster, but Lara at QB is nice.
13. West Covina — Yet another factor in loaded Hacienda League.
14. La Serna — Program is solid, but how do you replace Frankie Football?
15. La Salle — A tad concerned about proposed new league.
16. Monrovia — New coach, tons to replace. Cats are hard to decipher.
17. Pomona — You’ll know the name Darreon Lockett real soon.
18. Rosemead — Tons of returners. Your early MVL favorite.
19. Diamond Ranch — Lost a lot to graduation, but always solid.
20. Arroyo — Hit hard by graduation, but program reloads.
21. South Hills — Will be in deep in new league.
22. Bonita — Might be hardest hit team by graduation.
23. Montebello — Trajectory of program is up.
24. Pasadena — My surprise team. You’ll see.
25. Maranatha — Lots back and Bogan running the show.