As promised, I said I would do another Top 25 after the passing circuit. Some teams may have a few throws left here and there, but most everybody has wrapped it up. And we, as fans and media, have been able to see some of paint peeled back and get a good idea who’s packing what in the skill spots. SO here goes …
1. Bishop Amat — Won Air Assault. Simply loaded at WR.
2. Glendora — Lack of outside speed is being overblown.
3. Charter Oak — Youth at QB and on D, but loaded with athletes.
4. St. Francis — Lots to like in skill spots, but QB is a question.
5. Chino Hills — The horses are there to bang in the Baseline.
6. Los Altos — Line is scary. Amat transfer at RB. QB is 6-2.
7. Monrovia — Looking like quite the dynamic offense.
8. Muir — If QB question gets answered, look out Southeast!
9. La Habra — Just give the ball to Carlos Martin. That’s all.
10. San Dimas — Rumblings about some interesting options in the skill spots.
11. Damien — Think this team will take another step forward.
12. La Mirada — Looks to be much improved speed-wise.
13. West Covina — QB battle still not decided. Solid team.
14. Ayala — Make no mistake, this is Glendora’s big threat in Palomares.
15. Pomona — If Devils have a line … wow … watch out.
16. La Serna — You don’t lose Frankie Football and get better, do you?
17. South Hills — QB and WRs looked very sharp on passing circuit.
18. La Salle — Some nice pieces, but St. Francis/Cathedral look strong.
19. Arroyo — Going back to making Knights MVL favorites.
20. Diamond Ranch — Post-Roddy Era will be interesting.
21. Bonita — Getting Verdugo back helps outlook for offense.
22. Pasadena — Believe me now and hear me later.
23. Baldwin Park — Surprise team. Write it down.
24. Rosemead — Losing QB Nava to Amat hurts, but still loaded.
25. San Marino — Offense should be explosive thru the air.
OUTGOING: Diamond Bar, Montebello, Maranatha.