Yes, I know, it’s January. But I couldn’t resist. We’re humans. We need a guideline.
1. Bishop Amat — Leading passer, rusher and Big Aaron all return.
2. Damien — Surprised? Don’t be. QB Warren Bryan is back.
3. La Habra — QB Fogel is a nice piece to build around.
4. Charter Oak — A QB needs to fall out of a tree.
5. La Mirada — More questions than answers at this point.
6. La Serna — Hit hard by graduation. But it’s the system, stupid.
7. St. Francis — Could be changing offensive identity a bit.
8. Arcadia — Some of the best skill talent around.
9. Glendora — QB Wooldridge plus some key linemen are back.
10. South Hills — You gotta keep an eye on Bechtel.
11. Northview — QB Comstock needs a supporting cast.
12. Arroyo — QB and RB are both back … scary still.
13. La Salle — Could be some reinforcements on the way.
14. St. Paul — Program is going the right direction.
15. West Covina — Always solid, but lots to replace.
16. San Marino — QB along with some key skill players are back.
17. Monrovia — Can ‘Cats still simply reload?
18. San Dimas — Saints just do what they do.
19. Covina — Could be quite the sleeper with Burns at QB.
20. Bonita — Talented soph class took their lumps in ’16.
21. Diamond Ranch — Expecting The Martinez Effect to take effect.
22. South El Monte — RB Tovar is back. That’s all you need to know.
23. Montebello — QB Tapia is back but there’s lots to replace.
24. Los Altos — Storied senior class has to be replaced.
25. Duarte — QB Hemsley is back for Montview champs.