Here’s your spot to talk your smack or cry me a river about Week 2 or anything else going on in your life.
AND THEN THERE’S THIS …#FREE DRAKE
Wow football looks like a really fun sport, I wish I could play it too
— Drake Beasley Jr. (@ThereGoesTwo) September 4, 2016
La Canada running back Drake Beasley has been ruled ineligible to play his senior season, Spartans head coach Ryan Zerbel confirmed on Thursday evening.
Beasley left Loyola in August for La Canada, prompting Loyola to challenge his transfer on grounds of undue influence. La Canada hired a independent investigator in hopes of establishing no presence of undue influence and proper change of residency.
Zerbel and his staff held Beasley out of the team’s first two games in order to avoid any forfeiture and were confident he’d be eligible in time for this week’s game against Glendale. Beasley can appeal CIF’s decision.
“I’m pretty aggravated, to be honest with you,” Zerbel said. “I don’t know the exact details. I heard it at after practice today, trying to figure it out. We have a 100-page report from an independent investigator and they obviously didn’t go off of anything on there.”
Zerbel said he will discuss with Beasley and his family their next options. La Canada is 1-1. With Beasley, the Spartans stood a great chance to win the Rio Hondo League this season. Beasley has multiple college offers and is considered one of the top running backs in the state.
1. La Mirada (1-1) — Played SJB tough for a while.
2. Bishop Amat (1-1) — Huge bounce-back win vs. Servite.
3. La Habra (1-1) — One-point loss to Tesoro is forgivable.
4. St. Francis (1-0) — Excellent all-around showing vs. WestCo.
5. Charter Oak (2-0) — Sent message in rout of Colony.
6. Los Altos (2-0) — Conqs may need to drop Wilson.
7. Damien (2-0) — Painted Glendora green.
8. La Salle (2-0) — Living up to the hype so far.
9. San Dimas (2-0) — Are Saints even better than last year?
10. Arcadia (1-0) — Apaches hoping to finish off Monrovia.
11. La Serna (1-1) — Another step-up game looms this week.
12. Northview (1-1) — With RB Thomas eligible, offense is scarier.
13. Muir (2-0) — ‘Stangs cashed in with Vegas trip.
14. Glendora (1-1) — Damien loss stings, but Tarty is solid.
15. Diamond Ranch (1-1) — Hung in well with Chino Hills.
16. St. Paul (1-1) — Had to work to beat Montebello.
17. South Hills (1-1) — Ground out a win over La Canada.
18. Montebello (1-1) — Solid showing in loss to St. Paul.
19. South Pasadena (2-0) — Will find out more vs. Bonita.
20. La Canada (1-1) — When Beasley is eligible, watch out.
21. Bonita (1-1) — Good game vs South Pas looms.
22. Whittier (2-0) — Program is getting better and better.
23. Arroyo (1-0-1) — Took out frustration on Temple City.
24. Schurr (2-0) — Win over San Marino would speak volumes.
25. Pasadena Poly (2-0) — Very impressive through 2 games.