Note: This is the opening Top 25 for the SGV and Whittier areas combined, aka what we cover, aka SGV(N). There will be a new one each week reflecting each week’s results. This IS intended to hurt your feelings, offend you, make you happy, make you sad and ultimately say “this is pointless”. So, ENJOY!
1. La Mirada — D-3 this year … D-2 next year? D-1 in ’18?
2. La Habra — By all accounts, Highlanders have reloaded.
3. Bishop Amat — Can Lancers surprise to the upside?
4. St. Francis — New QB Bonds looks ready to make huge impact.
5. La Serna — Can the program simply reload again?
6. Los Altos — Physical, throw-back team is loaded.
7. Charter Oak — Lots of new faces but probably same results.
8. Northview — Should be amazing on offense.
9. La Salle — First strings are legit. But depth? … meh.
10. San Dimas — Leading rusher back for CIF finalist.
11. Glendora — Don’t expect a huge falloff for Tarty.
12. San Marino — Still has some nice components.
13. Arcadia — Talent level keeps improving.
14. West Covina — Plenty of talent to make this ranking look stupid.
15. St. Paul — Program is gradually improving.
16. Monrovia — Historically low starting point for ‘Cats.
17. Damien — Program is mired in mediocrity.
18. South Hills — Does Bechtel need more time?
19. Diamond Ranch — New head coach will make things happen.
20. Bonita — Great head coach hire, but probably a year away.
21. Montebello — Defense should be staunch again.
22. La Canada — This ranking is contingent on Beasley eligibility.
23. Covina — The forgotten Valle Vista League team.
24. Arroyo — Word is Knights are loaded (again).
25. Muir — Kinda concerned about the ‘Stangs.