This is the post-passing circuit Top 25. Yes, I know, there are still some tourneys left to be played, but the biggies are mostly done and a lot of teams are going dead soon. And Aug. 1 is when the eyes really turn toward fall for almost every team you can think of.
1. Bishop Amat — Didn’t impress on the summer circuit, but they rarely do.
2. La Habra — This is starting to become the “in” school for transfers. Scary.
3. Charter Oak — Linemen-centric team showed well during passing circuit.
4. St. Francis — QB sitch is settled. This team has some nice upside.
5. Damien — A lot of you weren’t impressed by Sparty on passing circuit. Ok.
6. Glendora — Strong offensive line and versatile QB. Dangerous.
7. La Serna — Lesson 1: Never question La Serna.
8. St. Paul — Program trajectory is up.
9. La Mirada — Hasn’t been the best offseason in Matadores history.
10. Arroyo — QB, RB both back, but will bump in divisions offset that?
11. Arcadia — Skill talent is there. Line is the question.
12. Diamond Ranch — The top threat to CO in the Hacienda.
13. Northview — SGV Shootout calmed concerns over non-QB skill talent.
14. Schurr — Sparty got the biggest spike out of our summer eval.
15. Los Altos — QB Olmos opened some eyes this summer. Good sign.
16. San Dimas — Some things never change.
17. Monrovia — New QB will have strong RB and WRs to work with.
18. La Salle — Haven’t heard much about transfers. Good or bad sign?
19. San Marino — Coaching staff got even better. Should bounce back.
20. South Hills — The Bechtel Boys are a bit of a mystery.
21. Bonita — Waiting to see what this junior class can do.
22. Covina — Program is making strides talent-wise.
23. West Covina — Post-Maggiore begins soon.
24. South El Monte — The Sal Show needs a co-star.
25. Montebello — Tap Man back at QB, but can defense remain strong?