Bishop Amat has released its 2016 hype video. The underlying theme is pretty much that the Lancers are undermanned but it doesn’t matter because heart will overcome all. Oh yeah, and that veryone is doubting them. And that’s exactly what happens when you lose a bunch of guys who are now playing on Saturday. But the capper comes late in the video when a pic (see above) of an old PrepXtra Live show has some crappy editing above our sign saying “Bishop Amat can’t”. I’m kinda surprised by this because. What’s that mean? “Bishop Amat can’t?” Can’t what, show some class and let media stand on the sideline without some guy in a safari hat calling himself the football manager trying to throw them out? Can’t what, figure out that a CIF pass means access anywhere and they need to abide by that or until or unless CIF sees fit to revoke the pass? And why is Fred in that segment of the video? Do you really think he was hating on Amat? Was he hating on Amat at any point in the last 5 years when he constantly the program the benefit of the doubt? Were any of us hating on the program when it was basically made the subject of last year’s preview magazine, much to the chagrin of every other program in the area? Just another ridiculous maneuver from the Lancers’ head brass.
HERE’S THE FULL VID … UH YEAH, GET PUMPED!
Note: This is the opening Top 25 for the SGV and Whittier areas combined, aka what we cover, aka SGV(N). There will be a new one each week reflecting each week’s results. This IS intended to hurt your feelings, offend you, make you happy, make you sad and ultimately say “this is pointless”. So, ENJOY!
1. La Mirada — D-3 this year … D-2 next year? D-1 in ’18?
2. La Habra — By all accounts, Highlanders have reloaded.
3. Bishop Amat — Can Lancers surprise to the upside?
4. St. Francis — New QB Bonds looks ready to make huge impact.
5. La Serna — Can the program simply reload again?
6. Los Altos — Physical, throw-back team is loaded.
7. Charter Oak — Lots of new faces but probably same results.
8. Northview — Should be amazing on offense.
9. La Salle — First strings are legit. But depth? … meh.
10. San Dimas — Leading rusher back for CIF finalist.
11. Glendora — Don’t expect a huge falloff for Tarty.
12. San Marino — Still has some nice components.
13. Arcadia — Talent level keeps improving.
14. West Covina — Plenty of talent to make this ranking look stupid.
15. St. Paul — Program is gradually improving.
16. Monrovia — Historically low starting point for ‘Cats.
17. Damien — Program is mired in mediocrity.
18. South Hills — Does Bechtel need more time?
19. Diamond Ranch — New head coach will make things happen.
20. Bonita — Great head coach hire, but probably a year away.
21. Montebello — Defense should be staunch again.
22. La Canada — This ranking is contingent on Beasley eligibility.
23. Covina — The forgotten Valle Vista League team.
24. Arroyo — Word is Knights are loaded (again).
25. Muir — Kinda concerned about the ‘Stangs.