At the risk of appearing a total shill for EA (I don’t even play FIFA 11 and I’m sure Landon Donovan, supposedly an accomplished player, would metaphorically spit me out like a Chivas USA center back if we faced off video gamely speaking) after this post earlier today the EA Sports FIFA Soccer 11 Takeover Tour comes to LA Friday through Sunday.
That means “a van outfitted with 15 TVs along with 15 PlayStation 3 systems” (now that’s a good thing, what if they were one short?) will give fans the opportunity to play FIFA Soccer 11, receive T-shirts and other prizes, etc.
Which important stop have they neglected this weekend?
Check out the list:
* 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at 6801 Hollywood Blvd. (West of Vine St.)
* 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday at ESPN Zone LA Live, 1011 S. Figueroa St.
* 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the USC-Cal game at an unspecified Coliseum parking lot.
* 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at various bars on Grand Avenue between Sixth Street and Wilshire Boulevard.
* 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday at The Cat and Fiddle pub, 6530 Sunset Blvd., Hollywood.
*11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at the Best Buy, 11301 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles.
* 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at the ESPN Zone, Downtown Disney, Anaheim.
*Sometime during the day Monday before 3 p.m. (yeah, EA didn’t provide a time) at City Hall Plaza (south side between First and Main streets).
* 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday at the Salesian B&G Club, 3218 Wabash Ave., Los Angeles.
Guess they’re boycotting Saturday’s Galaxy-Rapids game at the HDC then, apparently figuring there’s so many more soccer fans at a pointyball college game.