There’s no column today since I took advantage of the long weekend to take a few days off, but here are few links to get us caught up:
- It’s fair to say longtime South Bay resident Sigi Schmid could well be sleepless in Seattle for a few nights at least until his job prospects with the Sounders and their demanding fan base are resolved one way or another.
- The injured Landon Donovan wasn’t called up for the pair of upcoming U.S. games, but the Galaxy’s Omar Gonzalez got the call, while Robbie Keane will feature for Ireland despite a longstanding Achilles issue and A.J. DeLaGarza is likely to make his Guam debut despite making two previous appearances for the U.S. in exhibition games.
- The Galaxy have already made their first signing of the off-season.
- Meanwhile, Mexico hosts New Zealand at 12:15 p.m. Wednesday on ESPN with both nations fighting for a final World Cup spot in Brazil next year.
- The U.S. Women’s National Team completed its 2013 campaign Sunday.