A rematch of last year’s Western Conference semifinal that saw Real Salt Lake eliminate the Galaxy from the playoffs gets the 2014 MLS season under way Saturday in Southern California (live at 7:30 p.m. on Time Warner Cable Sports). For full details on the game and 2014 MLS season, check out the following links:
- Los Angeles News Group MLS beat reporter Phil Collin has the season and game preview.
- Our sister newspaper, The Salt Lake City Tribune, previews the game from the perspective of Real Salt Lake.
- For more, check out the match-up by the numbers.
- Orange County’s Luis Gil, an increasingly influential presence in midfield for RSL, is a player to watch in Saturday’s game and the season.
- Earlier in the week, I took a look at five MLS teams to keep an eye on as the season begins.
- Finally, Galaxy hotshot Robbie Keane has signed a new contract with the club.
- And late Friday, the Galaxy signed veteran MLS defender Dan Gargan, 31, who made more than 130 appearances over eight seasons with Chivas USA, Colorado Rapids and the San Jose Earthquakes.