The Galaxy already clinched their CONCACAF Champions League group last month, so tonight’s matchup against CSD Comunicaciones (7 p.m./FOX Sports Plus) is just for seeding in next year’s quarterfinals.
After the game against Portland on Sunday, head coach Bruce Arena said he will likely leave all the starters at home to prepare for Sunday’s crucial game against Sporting Kansas City.
Along with the final CCL group game Wednesday, Galaxy fans should be keeping an eye on SKC’s game against Colorado (5:30 p.m., MLS Live). The result could impact the Galaxy’s playoff seeding. If Sporting Kansas City wins or ties, then there’s a little extra pressure on the Galaxy to get points Sunday to get the second seed. (Of course, the easy solution for the Galaxy is that a win equals the No. 2 seed and a bye automatically.)
- A short advance for the Champions League game
- As LAGalaxy.com’s Adam Serrano writes, associate head coach Dave Sarachan is taking the reins in Guatemala.
- Adam and MLSSoccer.com’s Scott French join Josh Guesman on this week’s Corner of the Galaxy podcast to figure out what’s wrong with this team after Sunday’s 5-2 loss to Portland.
- Galaxy captain Robbie Keane‘s first-half golazo against Portland is up for MLS Goal of the Week. (It’s probably the only good thing from that game for the Galaxy.)
- If you need a refresher on what happened the last time the Galaxy played Comunicaciones: