Failure is far more common than success as even the likes of top-tier soccer nations like Argentina, England and Mexico have discovered — and puts public frustration with the U.S. Men’s National Team into perspective.
And for the latest Vegas Euro 2006 round of 16 odds, courtesy of Bovada.lv, see below:
Euro 2016 Winner
Republic of Ireland 100/1
Northern Ireland 250/1
Euro 2016 experienced more trouble from drunk crowds of rowdy mobs, many of them English, media outlets reported today, despite warnings from authorities of further possible action against England and Russia should their fans continue to cause issues.
These idiots are doing themselves, the sport or their nations no favors as authorities struggle to respond appropriately (and that’s putting it mildly).
Soccer has great potential to unite and more events like this laudable LA Galaxy stand are needed if the world is to overcome sad scenes like those we have seen in France in recent months.
For more read this week’s 100 Percent Soccer column (and yes, I’d much rather write about what’s happening on the field than off it).
So I suppose it’s tempting fate to write a column about the busy summer of soccer that lies ahead and then elevate the wrong team to the final four of the UEFA CL (not that the two alert Barcelona fans who noticed really minded).
Recommended games include:
- 11:45 a.m. today Ireland-Germany ESPN
- 11:45 a.m. today Scotland-Poland Fox Sports 2
- 5 p.m. Argentina-Ecuador BeIn Sports
- 11:30 a.m. Friday Spain-Luxembourg ESPN
- 11:30 a.m. England-Estonia Fox Sports 2
- 9 a.m. Saturday Kazakhstan-Netherlands Fox Sports 2
- 9 a.m. Sunday Finland-Northern Ireland Fox Sports 1
- 9 a.m. Sunday Greece-Hungary Fox Sports 2
- 11:30 a.m. Sunday Poland-Ireland ESPN
- 11:30 a.m. Sunday Germany-Georgia Fox Sports 1
- 11:30 a.m. Sunday Gibraltar-Scotland Fox Sports 2
- 9 a.m. Monday Sweden-Moldova Fox Sports 2
- 11:30 a.m. Monday Lithuania-England Fox Sports 2
- 11:30 a.m. Monday Ukraine-Spain ESPN2
- 11:30 a.m. Tuesday Netherlands-Czech Republic ESPN2
- 11:30 a.m. Tuesday Italy-Norway Fox Sports 1
- 11:30 a.m. Tuesday Belgium-Israel Fox Sports 2