— Major League Soccer (@MLS) July 5, 2014
- MLS beat reporter Phil Collin has the Independence Day LA Galaxy game story.
- Here’s a look at Chivas USA-Montreal Impact game by the numbers. Notable: the combined record of these two clubs is 7-14-10. Game preview.
- Former Chivas USA fan favorite Matthew Fondy was signed by the Chicago Fire. The forward played eight times for Chivas USA after scoring 10 goals in 10 games for the minor league LA Blues.
- Argentina midfielder Martin Rivero’s season is likely done after making just six starts for the Goats since coming over from the Colorado Rapids, an ACL tear against Real Salt Lake doing the damage.
— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy) June 29, 2014
— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy) July 3, 2014
— NBC Sports Soccer (@NBCSportsSoccer) July 4, 2014
— World Soccer Shop (@worldsoccershop) July 3, 2014
Here’s how the oddsmakers see the quarterfinals:
Costa Rica 40/1
Watch: Former EPL referee Graham poll suggest diver like the Netherlands’ Arjen Robben should be banned rather than escape punishment as it appears he will.
- Few people are paying attention to Chivas USA these days anyway, but when the club executes a trade on the same day most people are watching the U.S. get knocked out of the World Cup it will really be under the radar. Chivas USA acquired former Galaxy midfielder Nathan Sturgis (24 appearances over two years back in 2006 and 2007) from the Colorado Rapids in exchange for 23-year-old Carlos Alvarez, who had made seven starts for the Goats this season.
Photos and video by Staff Photographer Sean Hiller.
Photo and videos by Staff Photographer Brad Graverson
— Twitter Data (@TwitterData) July 1, 2014
“If Barcelona scored a goal like that, people would be talking about it for weeks,” said Galaxy playmaker Landon Donovan. “It was a good sequence: it was a great ball by Robbie, great run by Marcelo and Gyasi peeled off with a great run and a finish, so I think it was as good a team goal as you’ll seen in this league.”
Here’s the Chivas USA game story from Los Angeles News Group reporter Phil Collin
Reporter Elliott Almond from our sister newspaper the San Jose Mercury News has more on the Galaxy win over the Earthquakes
— Chivas USA (@cdchivasusa) June 28, 2014
— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy) June 28, 2014