— Guardian US sports (@GdnUSsports) October 24, 2014
— Jaime Cárdenas (@JaimeACardenas) October 20, 2014
Now that Landon Donovan’s special day is over, the Galaxy head into hostile territory needing a win Saturday without defender Omar Gonzalez against the Sounders after the 2-2 draw that felt like a loss Sunday in Carson.
I will have more in Tuesday’s column
Last Dance: Galaxy coach Bruce Arena and Galaxy playmaker Landon Donovan, a partnership that began at the international level and blossomed at the club level with two MLS Cup wins in Southern California, begin one last championship quest in earnest today with the regular season championship to be decided over the final two games against Seattle.
— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy) October 19, 2014
We will have coverage throughout the day and before, during and after the game.
— Major League Soccer (@MLS) October 17, 2014
Los Angeles News Group Writer Phil Collin had an exclusive interview with Landon Donovan about growing up in Southern California before the eyes of friends and family with its challenges and benefits.
This is the fourth in a six-part video documentary series being released each day leading up to Sunday’s final regular season home game in the career of the Southern california native.
Watch the other episodes here.
Meanwhile, the Galaxy Friday unveiled a series of events on gameday (others are being kept under wraps) that will honor Donovan including:
- Encouraging fans to be in their seats by 5 p.m.for a “special on-field celebration” that will incorporate “tributes to Donovan’s historic career.”
- Having the opportunity to have their photo taken with the MLS Cup trophy from the Galaxy’s MLS Cup victories in 2002, 2005, 2011 and 2012 as part of SoccerFest, located on the South Plaza at StubHub Center.
- Writing a personal message on a #ThanksLD canvas.
- A No. 10 card fans will receive as they enter the stadium.
- A stadium-wide Landon Donovan chant when the game clock reaches 10:00 and thank you videos from fans played before the game and at half time.
This is part three of a web only documentary series leading up to Landon Donovan’s final home regular season game on Sunday against the Seattle Sounders. Watch the first two episodes here.
This is part 2 of a six-part documentary on retiring LA Galaxy playmaker Landon Donovan leading up to his final home regular season Major League Soccer game Sunday against the Seattle Sounders in Carson.