Evergreen Lodge has added three new guided fall tours of Yosemite to its recreation program. Guests heading to the historic lodge to experience Yosemite also now have expanded spa services available to them to completely unwind.
Located on the western border of Yosemite Park near the Hetch Hetchy Valley, the Evergreen is a serene Yosemite destination that blends the modern comforts of a resort, the relaxed approach and activities of a dude ranch and the timeless warmth of a historic 1920s lodge.
Evergreen’s Recreation Program
The Evergreen is the only Yosemite lodge with its own guide service and a recreation program that has expanded to be the most comprehensive in the area since new owners took over the lodge in 2002. Co-owner Dan Braun, a Yosemite expert with over 30 years of wilderness experience and 10,000 trail miles logged, developed the outdoor adventure activities.
Given its moderate elevation, the Evergreen offers a variety of activities well into the winter season. The lodge’s fall and winter activities offer guests a rare opportunity to experience the famous valley and surrounding peaks in their seasonal splendor.
New tours include:
- Private Guided Photography Workshop and Tour is led by renowned Yosemite photographer and naturalist Rob Hirsch in half- or full-day sessions for up to three people.
- Half Dome Journey, one of Yosemite’s ultimate adventures, is a challenging, one-of-a-kind 17-mile hike to the top of Half Dome and back. Offered September to October.
- Cloud’s Rest by way of Sunset Trail is the featured October hike and takes guests to the high country to one of John Muir’s favorite places in Yosemite.
Returning this fall and winter is a full calendar of trips and activities, including:
- Fall Bike & Hike to Rainbow Pools or Granite Gorge takes bike riders along Yosemite back roads then on a gentle hike along the pristine Tuolumne River to Granite Gorge or the historic Rainbow Pools. Offered October to November.
- Range of Light Yosemite Valley Naturalist Tour is a sightseeing van tour of the unforgettable Sierra Nevadas John Muir called the “Range of Light.” Offered October to December.
- Sierra Sunset Hike or Snowshoe leaves right from the lodge to view wildlife, old-growth forest and vistas down the Tuolumne River Canyon. Offered October to May.
- Wonders of Yosemite Naturalist Tour features both Yosemite Valley and the giant sequoias in a combination van tour and hike/snowshoe. Offered October to May.
- Fall Valley Explorer Hike & Tour is Evergreen’s most in-depth and intimate look at Yosemite Valley via an old stagecoach route. Offered October to December.
The Evergreen’s experienced recreation staff provides advice and guidance for planning customized adventures. They also offer maps and guides and an array of rental equipment such as mountain bikes, mountain strollers, snowshoes, trekking poles and GPS units.
Guests may also participate in numerous complimentary activities on site, such as s’mores over the campfire, horseshoe tournaments, kids’ crafts, lectures, live music and more.
This year, the Evergreen Lodge expands its massage services with two picturesque locations to choose from. The new open-air cabana in a grove of cedars provides a secluded spot for a massage in nature.
The historic log cabin offers a charming indoor option. In-room massages in the privacy of guests’ spacious cabins are also offered for an additional fee.
Treatments include Swedish, deep tissue, hot stone, reflexology and sports massage and are available in hour or hour-and-a-half sessions. Prices start at $85.
All cabins at the lodge are heated. SIRIUS satellite radio, DVD players and a movie library are also complimentary. Evergreen is popular with couples, families, groups, weddings and corporate retreats.
Room rates vary from $89 to $299 depending on the season and type of cabin. For more information about the Evergreen’s recreation program and massage services, visit http://www.evergreenlodge.com/, call (209) 379-2606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.