There’s some footage bouncing around about a Euro developer called ZootFly and a game they are working on … Ghostbusters. The REAL Ghostbusters. As in “Back off man, I’m a scientist.”
The random thoughts and possibilities are bubbling over:
1) They could get the original actors to do voicework.
2) The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man — he needs to be there.
3) I wonder how they would handle the “ghost trap” mechanic.
4) A Ghostbusters verson of the roadie run. Make it happen.
5) Open world? Vehicular combat?
6) What happens if you cross the streams in co-op? (you can’t have Ghostbusters without co-op.)
There were some questions about whether or not this game is real, and an IGN article basically tells us that yes, it IS real … but it’s on hold over the standard licensing issues.
All I know is … I need this game to be made. Enjoy the footage.