With Vin Scully’s 88th birthday coming up Sunday, here’s the stuff worth posting now instead of much later:
== Your Week 12 of the NFL brings seven games this weekend:
= Thursday’s Thanksgiving games:
* Philadelphia at Detroit, 9:30 a.m., Channel 11, Joe Buck and Troy Aikman
* 10-0 Carolina at Dallas, 1:30 p.m., Channel 2, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms
* Chicago at Green Bay, 5:30 p.m., Channel 4, Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth
= Sunday’s menu: CBS has the doubleheader, which means the mandatory 2-8 San Diego game, this time at 4-6 Jacksonville (10 a.m., Channel 2, Spero Dedes, Solomon Wilcots). Games not available because of this: Oakland-Tennessee, Buffalo-Kansas City and Miami-N.Y. Jets. The second offering goes to everyone: Pittsburgh at Seattle (1:25 p.m., Channel 2, Jim Nantz, Phil Simms).
= Fox’s single game will be N.Y. Giants at Washington (10 a.m., Kenny Albert, Darryl Johnston) instead of Tampa Bay-Indianapolis, New Orleans-Houston, Minnesota-Atlanta, St. Louis-Cincinnati or Arizona-San Francisco.
= NBC wrangles 10-0 New England at 8-2 Denver (5:30 p.m., Channel 4, Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth).
= ESPN’s Monday Night matchup is Baltimore-Cleveland (5:30 p.m., Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden).
== A look at how college football Week 13 affects the L.A. viewing audience:
= ABC/Channel 7 has Sean McDonough, Chris Spielman and Todd McShay at the 12:30 p.m. UCLA-USC contest from the Coliseum. Roxy Bernstein and Tom Ramsey also call the game for ESPN Radio nationally.
= ESPN “College GameDay” is going to Stillwater, Okla., prior to the ABC coverage of Oklahoma at Oklahoma State (5 p.m., Channel 7, Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Heather Cox). The ABC triple-header starts with Ohio State at Michigan (9 a.m., Channel 7, Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge, Holly Rowe).
= Coverage of Thursday Thanksgiving games:
* ESPN has South Florida at Central Florida (4:30 p.m., Joe Tessitore, Jesse Palmer, David Pollack, Kaylee Hartung); FS1 has Texas Tech at Texas (4:30 p.m., Tim Brando, Spencer Tillman )
= Highlights of Friday’s games:
* ABC has Adam Amin, Kelly Stouffer, Olivia Harlan doing Nebraska-Iowa (12:30 p.m., Channel 7) after Dave Flemming, Mack Brown, Allison Williams do Navy-Houston (9 a.m., Channel 7); ESPN has Dave Pasch, Brian Griese, Tom Luginbill for Baylor-TCU (4:30 p.m.). CBS has Missouri-Arkansas (11:30 a.m., Channel 2, Carter Blackburn, Aaron Taylor). Also, the Pac-12 strategically has Oregon State at Oregon (FS1, 1 p.m., Chris Myers, Evan Moore) going up against Washington State at Washington (Channel 11, 12:30 p.m., Joe Davis, Brady Quinn) for maximum exposure.
= The best of the rest for Saturday: