Maybe Mike McD will be good enough to win Valle Vista League MVP honors this season …
Covina quarterback Mike McDonough flies over the field for fun vs. Tesoro.
I’m sorry, was that me who said no discussion about the 2006 season until after the Hall of Fame Game? Oh well, it’s my site and what was spawned out of an argument at a passing league game with a person who will remain nameless has now been taken to the best prep sports blog in the nation – RIGHT HERE, BABY. ‘Cause I’ve got that kind of juice.
Should you disagree, you’d better post, tell me where I’m wrong and share what your Top 10 is.
1. Mike McDonough, Covina – Plays QB like a cross between Mike Tyson and Mike Vick.
2. Matt Castaneda, Los Altos – Would be Amat’s starter this year had he stayed.
3. Mark Mendrun, Damien – Last year’s godsend, this year’s catalyst.
4. Drew Carreon, Charter Oak – Nothing but weapons around him, the kid gloves come off this year.
5. Philip Chase, Rowland – Arm or legs, pick your poison.
6. George Munoz, West Covina – Bulldogs’ new offense should help Munoz’s numbers improve. Only player on this list with a CIF ring.
7. Garrett Crook, Glendora – Saw limited action last year, but comes from good bloodlines.
8. Jeff Chavez, Bonita – Low-profile QB school sends out another breakout candidate under center.
9. Brandon Parham, South Hills – I still believe Parham will be the No. 1 guy, but this could be a two-headed monster all season.
10. Nick Lamaison, South Hills- This is the other head, and he’s turned what should’ve been an easy call into a difficult decision for Huskies coach Steve Bogan.