Update: True story, after Bonita knocked off San Dimas 5-3 in the San Dimas tournament on Tuesday, first-year coach Ken Carlson walked up and handed me a printed-copy of my prediction that they wouldn’t beat the Saints. Glad to be of assistance, but seriously, they’re legit and will give Los Altos and Charter Oak a run for their money in the Miramonte.
SAN DIMAS SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT
Glendora 4, Ontario Christian 1
Charter Oak 4, Nogales 1
Alta Loma 19, La Puente 0
Bonita 5, San Dimas 3
Northview 10, Arcadia 1
South El Monte 4, Wilson 0
West Covina 4, Rialto 0
Etiwanda 3, Los Altos 0
Northview vs. South El Monte, 3:15 p.m.
West Covina vs. Etiwanda, 5:15 p.m.
Glendora pitcher Dana Waldusky hopes to lead Tartans to San Dimas tournament win.
Girls Softball top ten
1. Glendora (2-1) – A split with Upland won’t drop the Tartans, but how they do in the San Dimas tournament later in the week will have a big impact.
2. Los Altos (0-1) – The Conquerors open the season with a 3-0 loss to Etiwanda in the opening of the San Dimas tournament. My question, why schedule two of the best teams in the first-round?
3. San Dimas (0-0) — The Saints season starts this afternoon against rival Bonita. Now that’s how to open your own tournament.
4. Bishop Amat (1-1) – Losing to Redlands in the Brea tournament was expected, but a nice rebound win over Villa Park.
5. South El Monte (2-0) — This is a team to watch behind Garber and some pretty decent hitting. They could be the sleeper in the San Dimas tournament.
6. Bonita (3-0) — Nobody knows for sure how good those teams were in the Palm Springs tournament, but the Bearcats are obviously improved after winning the tourney.
7. Charter Oak (1-1) — A split with Claremont to open the season. Looks like they can still score, but allowing runs could be an ongoing problem.
8. Diamond Ranch (2-0) — Interesting start, wins over Eisenhower and Hemet to open the season.
9. Azusa (2-0) — They allowed just one run in two wins. You have to keep an eye on the Aztecs, pitching wins games and they have pitching.
10. Sierra Vista (0-0) – Let’s see how they do in the San Dimas tournament, another sleeper along with South El Monte.
Others to watch: Northview (2-1), West Covina (3-1). Diamond Bar hasn’t updated any games, so don’t know.