It’s still Los Altos: Los Altos solidified its hold on the top spot with a steady, 6-4 victory over Bonita. Glendora, which is off until the day after April Fools Day, stays at No. 2 while Bishop Amat enjoys a big win with the Arroyo Tournament championship and moves into No. 3. Bonita slides a bit to No. 4, with San Dimas rounding out the top 5. Azusa drops out after a three-game losing streak, which puts South El Monte back in.
This week’s big games:
Wednesday: Walnut at Nogales
Friday: Northview at San Dimas
Top 10 Rankings
1. Los Altos (5-2) – The Conquerors lived up to their name with a 6-4 win at Bonita last week before splitting a pair of tournament games. Los Altos looks to have a firm hold on the top spot with Diana-lynn Patterson in the circle.
2. Glendora (5-2) – The Tartans have yet to capture the momentum, but it was the same last season, until a late-season run to the finals.
3. Bishop Amat (6-3) – The Lancers lived up to the billing by winning the Arroyo Tournament before looking respectable in a 3-2 loss to Rosary on Monday. Next up: Mater Dei.
4. Bonita (9-2) – The Bearcats gave Los Altos a run of its money, and it wouldn’t surprise most if they pulled off the upset in the rematch, except for the Conquerors.
5. San dimas (4-3) – The Saints look to take the quick lead in the Valle Vista League when they host Northview on Friday.
6. St. Lucy’s (7-5) – The Regents looked lost in a 10-0 loss to San Dimas, but fought back to get a split with a 1-0 victory. This team looks capable of making a run for the title in the Sierra League.
7. Charter Oak (6-3) – The Chargers have the best-hitting team in the area, and there are times when the pitching does come around. The key is consistency.
8. Northview (4-3) – The Vikings have looked steady, but they get a major test against San Dimas on Friday.
9. Sierra Vista (4-0) – The Dons, who were impressive last year, again look like the team to beat in the Montview League.
10. South El Monte (4-3) – Reina Gaber and the Eagles are finding their rhythm.