Los Altos and Glendora are still the top two teams respectively, but they will be challenged when Los Altos goes to Charter Oak this afternoon and Glendora takes on Bishop Amat in a non-league game on Thursday. Bonita is a solid No. 3 and seems to be finding their mojo again, but let’s see how they do against much improved Walnut today. Keep an eye on Siera Vista and Walnut, if they keep winning, they will continue to climb up the polls.
Big games on deck
Los Altos at Charter Oak, 3:15 p.m.
Bonita at Walnut, 3:15 p.m.
Northview at Covina, 3:15 p.m.
Glendora at Bishop Amat, 3:15 p.m.
Girls Softball top ten rankings
1. Los Altos (8-3) – Went 3-1 in the Northwood Timberwolves Classic, losing to Dana Point, and a non-league loss to Ayala. But locally, they still haven’t been touched but get another Miramonte test this week against surging Charter Oak.
2. Glendora (5-2) – Unless there are games on the schedule we don’t know about, they Tartans haven’t played since their 3-0 loss to Etiwanda in the championship of the San Dimas tournament. But they get Bishop Amat on the road next.
3. Bonita (11-2) – Hard to believe all the bickering on the blogs about the Bearcats, they’re off to a terrific start, and only have lost to the top two teams in the area. After losing a heartbreaker to Los Altos, they rebounded by winning four straight.
4. Bishop Amat (7-5) – Sure they Lancers have lost three of their last four, but losing to Rosary, Mater Dei and splitting a doubleheader with Santa Margarita is nothing to worry about. Let’s see how they do in a big nonleague game against Glendora on Thursday.
5. San Dimas (6-3) – Are they finished with their traditional slow-starting ways? The surprise isn’t that they already have started 2-0 in the Valle Vista, the surprise is how they snuck past Covina and Northview to get there.
6. Charter Oak (8-3) – What you need to know about the Chargers is that they have scored 90 runs, but 34 of those runs came in a sweep over Wilson. Still, they have won six straight, though they do no have an impressive win on their resume … yet.
7. Sierra Vista (7-1) – After a season-opening loss to Montebello, the Dons have won seven straight. They should win at least their next five then enter the Charter Oak tournament, where we will find out just what they’re made of.
8. Walnut (6-2) – With San Antonio league wins over South Hills, Nogales and West Covina, the Mustangs are off to a great start and will face Bonita in a fun non-league game this week. The way they’ve played, it won’t be a surprise if they run the table in the San Antonio.
9. Northview (5-4) – I don’t know what’s more impressive, what the Vikings did last year with Hannah Fraijo, or what they’ve been able to accomplish without her. For a team with no expectations, they barely lose to San Dimas, 1-0.
10. South El Monte (4-3) -They haven’t played since March 23, but resume with a game against La Puente and a doubleheader on Saturday against Cantwell Sacred Heart before resuming Mission Valley league play next week.