Baseball top ten rankings
1. Bishop Amat (19-5) – The Lancers have won four straight, including a 15-0 win over South Torrance to capture the Redondo tournament on Saturday. They’re No. 1 in Division IV, and have cracked the L.A. Times’ top ten Southland poll.
2. Northview (15-4) – The Cardiac Kids are at it again, winning two extra-inning thrillers from San Dimas to take over control of the Valle Vista, where they’re hoping to claim their fourth straight league title.
3. Damien (17-5) – The Spartans have won seven of eight after sweeping Ayala last week, moving into sole possession of second in the Sierra League behind Chino. This should be a big week with a home-and-home against Diamond Bar.
4. San Dimas (15-5) – – How do you shake off not one, but two heartbreaking defeats to Northview? By finishing strong, which we expect the Saints to do. Sooner or later, what goes around, comes around.
5. Bonita (15-5) – After a mini-slump the Bearcats regained control of the Miramonte with Friday’s win over Charter Oak after losing to the Chargers earlier in the week. Wouldn’t say they’re firing on all cylinders, but their latest win has to help.
6. Glendora (14-7) – The Tartans have split with Chino Hills, Diamond Bar and Damien in the Sierra, leaving themselves in third with a couple weeks left. This could be a make or break week as far as playoff are concerneds, because they have a pair of games against league-leading Chino.
7. South Hills (15-7) – The Huskies are now 6-1 in the San Antonio league after a huge sweep over Walnut. But they still only have a one-game lead over Nogales in the loss column.
8. Charter Oak (14-7) – The Chargers have been up and down all season, but what they have proved is they’re no pushover for anyone. This is a team that can go out in the first round of the playoffs, or make a deep run.
9. Nogales (18-7-1) – The Nobles are surging again, winners of four straight with a pair of games against West Covina. If the Nobles survive, it will set up a huge game next week against South Hills for the league title.
10. Diamond Bar (11-10) – Back-to-back losses to Chino hurt their playoff hopes, but they can climb right back into it against Damien this week. The trouble is, that’s easier said than done.