Above: San Dimas and Northview meet again on Wednesday
Boys Basketball top ten
1. South Hills (17-3) – The winners of ten straight haven’t lost in 2010 yet, where or where did this come from? Yes, lets make ‘em No. 1
2. Damien (16-6) – Now that they’re two-game back of Chino Hills, the Sierra league title could be a moot point, but they still have one more shot at those Huskies.
3. Bonita (19-4) - Maybe with Diamond Ranch down the Bearcats that they could cruise to the Miramonte League title. Not so quick, Charter Oak took care of that, and now they’re tied for first at 4-1.
4. La Verne Lutheran (14-7) -- They play everyone except for the teams in our Valley. Hope that changes, but the evidence is loud and clear, they draw more division one interest than anyone by far.
5. Bishop Amat (16-5) – After a Del Rey League opening pounding from Serra, they bounce back with win two straight wins.
6. Charter Oak (16-6) — The huge win over Bonita speaks volumes. Maybe they had been underachieving all along.
7. Glendora (15-7) - They use to be able to win the big games, or at least a few of them. Not this season, maybe the time has come. Maybe the era of Glendora dominance is just about over.
8. San Dimas (14-8) – They have the inside track with a home game against Northview. A win all but guarantees at least a tie of the title.
9. Baldwin Park (19-3) - As great as this season has been, the Braves are in danger of finishing third in the Valle Vista league after a second loss to San Dimas.
10. Northview (15-8) – Facing San Dimas on Wednesday to take over sole possession of first, which would almost guarantee at least a tie for the VVL.