Girls Soccer Top Ten
1. Bishop Amat (22-0-1) - Even when you expect a tough one against La Salle, they still win 3-0. They reached the 100 goal mark win that win also, and still only have allowed five goals all season.
2. Los Altos (19-1-1) - They’re winning in a more competitive league than the Del Rey, and making it look just as easy. That’s quite an accomplishment considering how close the Miramonte has been the past couple years.
3. Walnut (15-3-2) - This is a tough call at No. 3 because the gut feeling is they’re probably just as good as the top two, plus they have the resume and history to back it up.
4. Charter Oak (16-4) – Not much to it, you know they’re going to counter attack and against most teams, that’s good enough. Look what they did to Bonita, 3-0 win.
5. Sierra Vista (18-2) — With all the Amat, Los Altos talk about goals against averge, how about this, the Dons have a 64-14 goals against average.
6. Glendora (8-9-3) – They finally beat St. Lucy’s, 1-0 on the road to get back in the Sierra League race. Trouble is, Chino Hills is starting to pull away.
7. St. Lucy’s (10-7-2) — The 1-0 loss to Glendora really hurt their league title hopes, and they have been slipping the second half of the season.
8. San Dimas (10-3-2) – They have blown everyone out in league except Northview, and guess what, they meet today.
9. Bonita (8-6-2) – Got beat by Charter Oak 3-0, so even a playoff spot is no guarantee at this point.
10. Northview (11-4-2) — The 0-0 tie at Baldwin Park was a shocker, but they can still move to first with a win over San Dimas.