Boys Basketball top ten
1. South Hills (19-3) – After winning 12 straight, the Huskies have cemented their status on top. We’re also hearing this is the first time they have been ranked this high by the Trib.
2. Bonita (21-4) - The 62-50 win over Diamond Ranch should be enough to earn the Miramonte League title. What can you say, another steady year from Eckler and Co.
3. Damien (17-7) – They should have had the goods to win the Sierra League title, so from that standpoint, the season was somewhat disappointing. But again, that’s how we felt last year before they blew us all away and stormed to the divisional semifinals.
4. La Verne Lutheran (15-8) -- The huge gap between Lutheran and the Arrowhead league is about the same as the huge gap between Lutheran and Price. We know the Trojans are good, but they’re not at the next level just yet.
5. Bishop Amat (17-8) – Facts are facts, they have lost three in a row and have fallen to fourth in the Del Rey. It’s a tough league right? It should be tough, that’s what an all-private league should be like.
6. Charter Oak (17-6) — They proved this year they’re more than just a “football” school.
7. San Dimas (16-8) – As long as they don’t trip over their own success, the Saints should wrap up the Valle Vista title this week.
8. Glendora (16-8) - With the playoffs approaching you have to wonder, will LeDuc work his magic again? I just don’t see it.
9. Baldwin Park (21-3) - The prevailing feeling is that as great as this season has been for the Braves, finishing third in the Valle Vista would be a disappointment. If they beat Northview, they can avoid it and finish second.
10. Northview (16-7) – After losing to San Dimas last week, will the Vikes get swept by Baldwin Park?