Boys Soccer Top Ten
1. Baldwin Park (18-0-2) – After watching them beat Ganesha last week there are two thoughts: One, I’m not sure they realize how talented they really are? Two, they have the best boys soccer fans in the Valley.
2. Los Altos (15-3-3) – With a No. 4 raking in Division IV, and a Miramonte title wrapped up, this Conqs team has passed every test in front to date.
3. Sierra Vista (17-4) – Give it up to the Dons, just when you thought La Puente or Duarte were the Montview frontrunners, the Dons surge to the lead with a win over La Puente on Saturday.
4. Diamond Bar (11-7-1) – What a huge 3-2 win for the Brahmas over Chino Hills.
5. Glendora (15-4-5) – Thanks to Diamond Bar’s win over Chino Hills, the Tartans lead the Sierra by half a game heading into finale Wednesday against Ayala.
6. Mountain View – (11-4-2) – Remember when the defending Division VI champs were struggling early in the season. They got their wake-up call. They’re an experienced playoff team who knows when the postseason is approaching.
7. La Puente (10-3-5) – After losing to Sierra Vista 1-0 on Saturday, they play again in hopes of earning at least a piece of the Montview title with the Dons.
8. Duarte (12-4-3) – Finishing third in the Montview is nothing to be ashamed of.
9. Rosemead (9-8-3) – After all the forfeits because of an ineligible player, the Panthers fall to fourth and will not make the playoffs.
10. Rowland (7-3-3) – Not sure this record is accurate. The San Antonio league is the only league in the area where virtually every team doesn’t update their records, schedules, rosters. How embarrassing.