Girls Basketball top ten
1. Diamond Ranch (21-2) — The way they handled Bonita without Kearney was impressive. Wouldn’t you all love to see them meet Mater Dei in the divisional finals?
2. Bishop Amat (17-6) – Given this isn’t the most “talented” team the Lancers have had in recent years, they’re still fighting for the league title tonight against Serra.
3. Bonita (21-3) – The Bearcats are so good, trouble is Diamond Ranch is better. And even though they’re young, D.R. is young too.
4. Walnut (19-4) - Can wrap up the San Antonio outright with another victory over South Hills this evening.
5. South Hills (17-5) – If they’re ever going to at least share a piece of the title with Walnut, they will never have a better chance than the one tonight. Next year, Melinda Gomez is gone.
6. Glendora (18-6) — Are you with me? Are the Tartans the biggest surprise of the Valley. No way can they beat Ayala, not many can. But a surprising season regardless.
7. Sierra Vista (17-5) – Every year I ask the same question? Are they this good, or is it the Montview that makes them look good. What I do know for sure is they bring it every night.
8. Rosemead (17-5) – Just copy down what I wrote about Sierra Vista, the same is true for these Panthers.
9. Wilson (14-10) – We’re cutting the Wildcats some slack because they had to play Bonita (three times) if you count the Rowland tourney title loss, and Diamond Ranch twice.
10. Covina 17-7 – Raise your hands if you honestly thought the Colts would win the Valle Vista League. The streak is at eight wins and counting