The Valle Vista League, home of Mid-Valley champ San Dimas, now has two-time champion Anthony Rice to deal with at Pomona

By Clay Fowler, Staff Writer
Anthony Rice will try to bring his winning touch to his hometown.
With a pair of CIF championships in tow, the Pomona native was hired on Thursday to coach the Pomona High School football team, pending school board approval.
In four seasons at Colony High, Rice won CIF titles in 2006 and 2007, compiled a 39-12 overall record and an 18-2 mark in the Mt. Baldy League.
The fifth Pomona coach in the last seven years will take over a program that hasn’t made the playoffs since winning the Valle Vista League in 2003.
“When people think of Pomona, they shed a negative light on it,” Rice said. “But that’s not how I think of Pomona because that’s where I’m from. These kids are in the same boat I was in when I was growing up and I want to turn this program back into what it used to be.”

• PTownisback

With all of the athletes we have now adding the best coach in the area we should for sure win the league and go deep in the playoff. Rice will win us 2 rings quick. Bet on it.

• New York

Freddy,
    Can you fill out his bio a little more. Granted you hit the high point of two CIF titles, but the background info you posted is a bit pithy.

• DustDevils

Good luck Rice…change the culture and you have a chance. If not…ain’t nothing going change.

• Rodrigo

FAIL!?

bremen chat

• Donna

Dorothy FAIL :D

moncler jacket

• Angelo

I am wondering just what Claudette will do with that!

Russell

alternative medicine course