Here’s this week’s softball rankings:
1. Glendora (19-4) – It’s been a long wait, but finally the Tartans hook up with Ayala on the road today and at home Thursday for the Sierra League title. Both teams enter the final series of the season with 7-1 records in the Sierra.
2. St. Lucy’s (16-10) – The Regents’ late season charge leaves them one game back of Chino Hills for third in the Sierra with two games against Chino this week. Diamond Bar takes on Chino Hills for a pair. Plus they own a win over Ayala and Bonita, moving them to No. 2.
3. Bonita (20-4-1) – Followed a loss to Charter Oak with another loss to Los Altos. Not exactly what you want with the playoffs nearing. Add to that a loss to St. Lucy’s, and they’ve dropped three of four and fall to third in our standings.
4. Northview (18-5) – The Vikings are 12-1 in league but need another win over San Dimas today to clinch the VVL title outright.
5. Charter Oak (16-11) — All of a sudden the Chargers have won seven straight, including a win over Bonita to take firm control of second in the Miramonte.
6. West Covina (16-7) – The San Antonio League champs lost a nonleague game to Charter Oak and earlier in the season lost to Los Altos, showing the strength of the Miramonte compared to the San Antonio.
7. San Dimas (16-7) – When the Saints turn it on, they really turn it on, owners of three straight shutouts and six straight wins with the payoff possibly coming today against Northview, the last team to defeat them.
8. South Hills (17-7-1) — Earned a nice sweep over Walnut to keep sole possession of second in the San Antonio.
9. Azusa (15-4) – The Aztecs are 10-0 in league, but the title on the line with finale today against Duarte (9-1) for the outright title.
10. Arroyo (18-2) – Facts are facts, they have the best won-loss record in the Valley, but losses have come against Covina and Gabrielino. Without any eye-opening quality wins, it’s hard to rank them higher than this.