Two-Minute Drill with Robledo and Tolegian: Covina at Walnut; Monorovia at San Dimas

• Coaches Corner

If playing the present Mid-Valley Champs is not tough enough. Then I watch this. The trifecta jinx. I don’t think I have ever heard Aram pick us to win a game. Let alone a Finals appearance. Freddy,its great to have you back. For awhile there I didn’t think you would ever see the light again. Migs, way to keep representing. Lets just say this game has been circled since Dec.12 of last year. Should be a good one.

• Colt 45

This is a no brainer. Covina will dump all over Walnut. Walnut has no passing game on offense and their QB takes a pounding due to a slow pass protecting Offensive line. The Walnut defensive secondary cannot cover recievers or Running Backs coming out of the backfield in passing situations. The Walnut Running game is decent but once Covina shuts it down and forces Walnut to pass it will be a long nite. Walnuts only hope here is for a breakout game in the passing dept. I just do not see Walnut handling this much improved Covina Colts team. This is one of Covinas Better years as it looks right now and Football at the Covina campus has not been the same since Mike McD graduated. Good Luck to both teams.

Covina 34

Walnut 13

• Curious Colt

Colt 45, very true about this team being very good. Im curious to know whats going on at the lower levels at Covina? I havent been able to get over to see any frosh or JV Games?

• SaintsR4real

Moonnrroovviiaa..,

good take on your team, probably the best i’ve seen this year. win or lose, hope your boys stay healthy for another CIF final.

Here’s my take for San Dimas (hope the coaches see this);
    As the old saying goes “practice like you play”. Since I’ve been watching the boys practice all summer long, I’ve noticed progress, but not enough. The week the Saints played Bonita, there was alot of grab ass going around at practice. The boys were arguing with each other, the players an the sidelines were’nt paying attention and had their helmets off. their focua seemed at 70%, result; team lookes very unprepared.

The week of practice they played RC, a little more focus, but seemed their effort was at 80% at best. They started the game on their heals and took half a game to stop RC.

This week seems no different, at best their practicing at 80% intensity and focus, result you’ll probably see this Friday will be 80% unless they pick it up. What I see is no all out running, tackles, blocking, but mostly TEAM commradere.

Bring it SAINTS, bring it!!

• SaintsR4real

Moonnrroovviiaa..,

Bring it SAINTS, bring it!!

• Covina vs Walnut

Covina looks good. This week is going to be interesting to see how covina does against a upper Division team gunning for them. Despite all the hype, Walnut did beat Covina last year. Its a new season so anything is possible. The win against West Covina was huge. Its one thing to be underdogs and overlooked, and sneak up on a opponent. West covina got smacked in the face, and did not think that Covina could do what they did. Taking nothing away from Covina, this week is going to be different. Walnut is not overlooking Covina. People are predicting that Covina is going to win with ease. I think walnut will be up for this game. With west Co next week and a tough Hacienda league schedule, Walnut can not afford to lose this one. They will be looking for momentum going forward. Covina is Riding high, I think they have recieved a lot of pub in the papers for one quality win. Granted blowouts verses El Monte and Gladstone really don’t mean much. Scoring 33 and 31 against those two oppents won’t be the case this week. Walnut is a far better team then both of those teams. Walnut does have weapon in 6’6 215 Aubrey Colman. They may have to use Mcclain to matchup. If Colman has a big game, it could be dangerous. I think Walnut won’t lose at home in a must win game. Walnut wins 21-14.

• Kimbo Slice (of Reality)

Hey J-Ro-

Who is Monorovia? Isn’t that a ride at Disneyland? LOL.

Maybe you should have Kenny spell check your stuff before you send it out there?

• http://Bee.com Mike Smith

I don’t think Covina will have much trouble with WalnutI’ll predict 27-10.

I’ve seen both seems playand wasn’t impressed at all w/ Walnuts offensevery vanilla. They use a three pronged running gametwo of the backs are also starting linebackersgood tough players but they don’t have a lot of big play potential in the backfieldAubrey Coleman is a great looking athletebut he lacks elite foot speedWalnut tried to get him on the outside by lining him up in the backfield and feeding him pitchesand while it takes multiple players to get him downthey are usually able to get to him before he turns it up fieldtheir QB is average at bestmuch more of a “game manager” than a “game changer”.

Covina is very dynamic offensivelythey have a handful of sure handed receiversLivingston is an above average high school QBand Ainsworth is young but has a “star” skill sethe had over 100 yards receiving last weekall of those catches were screen passesbut he was very impressiveplays very poised for a soph.

My main concern with the Colts is the way that they use Remontay McClainI know that his hands aren’t that great but they continued to throw him short passes (thats when they threw to him at allVenegas and De La Cruz seemed to get more targets)they did try to go to him downfield once but that was at the end of the first half with time winding downkinda like owning a Ferrari but only driving it on streets with speed bumps…there is nobody on the Walnut team (or any team) that can stay with him on a fly route or deep postit would be nice to see Covina go up top to him several times this weekat the very least to keep Walnut’s safeties honestEl Monte was single covering him with only one safety playing the deep middlethey didn’t seem to concerned with him.

• SGV For 30 Years

This game seems kind interesting. I haven’t seen Covina this yet this year. But from what i’ve been hearing they do have some big play potential. I have seen Walnut. It’s hard to get a good read on them. They have some weapons on offense, they just got so far down against Claremont they had to basically toss the gameplan. I think it will come down to Walnut’s ability to play keep away from Covina. If Covina can make it a Shoot out they win going away. If Walnut can keep Covina’s offense on the sideline, they will have a pretty good shot of scoring the upset.

SGV430 Ouuttt!!!

• Walnut Insider

I agree with SGV430 on this. Walnut really needs to slow the pace of this game down. Despite running the spread offense, Walnut’s strength on offense is their ground game. If they can establish a strong running game and keep Covina from jumping out to a big lead, then Walnut has a great chance. Walnut hasn’t shown they can win a shoot out and I don’t think they want to get into one this week.

And despite the records, I’m not sure that Walnut winning would be an upset. Claremont is a lot tougher than Covina’s opponents.

If Walnut can do what SGV430 said, Walnut can easily win this one. If not…it could be another week like Claremont.

• Former Walnut Booster

Same old Walnut year in and year out come football season. This year is no different, if not worse, dont get your hopes up people in Walnut. The QB for Walnut as one stated is a game manager not a game winner/leader, lets just say he is all they got but he lacks the gamesmanship of a winner to lead his team and become agressively hungry to win. There are players and then there are Stud players that play the QB position in HS football. Walnuts QB is not a stud with swagger that his body language says I am here to win. He is more of a composed soft sprited that does what he has to have the Job as the starter. Will this get Walnut wins and in the playoffs, I highly doubt it. This is just another season for Walnuts sports program and football just does not rate high on list as the premier sport on the Walnut campus. I will give it up for the Swimming and Water Polo teams of Walnut. The hope for the football program over in Walnut is that Coach Bogan of So. Hills a Walnut resident leave So. Hills after this year and takes over Walnut and restores that program for the better, yes Walnut getting a Coach Bogan will brng Walnut back to some respectability not mention he can get some players to go there. As for O’shields he is no better then Varsity baseball coach, these two have been producing losers way too long now, it is time to change directions with leadership in the Baseball and football departments with Walnut. Boosters at Walnut need to step up and start making noise this is unacceptable or maybe it is acceptable because people in Walnut are now believing that they cannot win in these sports and are the laughing stock when it comes to Baseball and Football. There is always room to improve and cleaning house on coaches is a option that should never be taken off the table.

• whatareyoutalkingabout

Former Walnut Booster,
    Producing losers for years? The football team went 7-3 last year. The baseball team finished 2nd in league. Those coaches aren’t going anywhere. Thanx for your continued support.

• SGV FOOTBALL

Fred,

No love for the CO Chargers this week going out to play Rancho???? At least a two minute drill for the fans heading out to the IE would be nice.

• SGV For 30 Years

Former Walnut Booster you sound like a bitter dad who thought his son got screwed by those coaches. Like whatareyoutalking about said, Walnut was 7-3 in football last year and made the play-offs in baseball. You sound like a big Bogan fan. Could you be the dad who was telling anyone who would listen to you about how Bogan was taking you to college games to try to get you to bring your son over to SH? By get some players there are you talking about illegal recruiting of players? I’m not going to take anything away from Bogan he has been successful for a decade over at So.Hills. But Walnut is a different story. Judy North (retired prinicipal) made is possible for SH go get all the players they got over the years. We will see if that continues (looks like it’s not).
    You are so critical of O’Shields and his staff. I’m sure they just sit around making their gameplan saying “Hey this play can’t possibly work. Looks great lets run it. That play will lose about 10 yards. Do it. Since you are the expert why don’t you put in some time in the film room with the coaches on Sat. and Sun. I’m sure coach Hoff could use a hand from such an expert as yourself. If you are not willing to do those things don’t try to tear the program down because you think your kid got screwed. You really give yourself away when you talk about quarterbacks, so it’s not difficult to figure our who you are. Here’s is my advice, Your name says Former Walnut Booster. I think the word former is perfect.

SGV430 Ouuuuttt!!

• Former Walnut Booster

Football last year 7-3 right on! no playoffs and got whacked in League play due to playing a soft cupcake schedule.”looking good at 5-0″,nice gameplanning and schedule making for the coaches. chalk one up for those big boys. Baseball and Hoff, playoffs yes…one and done two years in a row and the way they got beat were all coaches decisions done incorrectly, ask the parents who bad mouth Hoff in the stands for the last 10 years. If you baffoons are satisfied with that kind of coaching I guess you are the laughing stock in football and baseball. When was last time Walnut hung a CIF championship banner in these two sports? The acceptance of losing in these two sports over in Walnut has grown to a “so what” it is just our football team and baseball team. With the talent that resides in Walnut and the lottery winners you get from the Nogales, Rowland and Diamond Bar areas Walnut should be competing for championships every year. The coaches stink and it is time for a overhaul. Yes, former booster that spoke up but got tha same BS out of the coaches “we are on the upswing” You current boosters have no backbone and love losing. Get used to it, tomorrow another embarrassment.

• FredJ

SGV Football
    Don’t worry, we’ll have plenty of time to discuss two-minute drills during the Charter Oak-Chino Hills, Charter Oak-Damien, Charter Oak-Claremont, Charter Oak-Ayala and of course, Charter Oak-South Hills ..

We’re still debating next week’s game of the week..any thoughts
    Diamond Ranch at Diamond Bar
    or
    Azusa at La Puente

• Dont give up the dream

Wow. Former walnut booster. I have seen some bitter parents make some pathetic posts. This takes the cake. Not the worst but its in the top two. I take it high school didn’t work out well for you. Key here is that its high school. My man you need to let go. The only thing people ate laughing at is you.

• Walnut Insider

Former Walnut Booster,
    and to think people say I am negative about the programs…wow.

That’s kind of rough putting the coaches out there like that. They work hard and try to put a quality team on the field every week. Like SGV430 said, they don’t try and put together a plan that doesn’t work.

They do their best to put the players in the right spot to win the game. O’Shields can’t go out there and make a tackle, block, or throw a pass. Hoff can’t hit or field a ground ball.

I use this example a lot because of the let down from last year. The football program was stacked with talent at the skill positions. Rhodes could have carried the team last year, but he didn’t. Why? Only he knows why. My child brought home the school newspaper last year and there was an article about Rhodes deciding to go to Mt. Sac over USC for “playing time” reasons. Go look up Mt. Sac’s roster, no Rhodes. Rhodes had some great size and potential, but apparently he lacked something because it looks like he is done. So ask yourself, is it O’Shields’ fault Rhodes didn’t pan out?

Are some of the decisions questionable? That’s a judgment call. There have been a few coaching decisions I have disagreed with, but they have to live with it. It’s their program. The principal is the former athletic director, so trust me when I say he understands what is going on.

I think the bigger problem is the lack of multi-sport athletes at Walnut. There are too many athletes who say “football is my only sport” or basketball or baseball. The coaches need to get together and find a way to “share” there players to make all the programs better. This should be one of the higher priorities for the athletic director and maybe the principal.

• SGV FOOTBALL

Fred,

Point well taken, I have to say If La Puente and Azusa both win their games this week then the game of the week has to be La Puente Vs Azusa. The tale of the two unbeaten, I wouldn’t be surprised if Diamond Bar beats Diamond Ranch.

• SGV For 30 Years

Former Walnut Booster: Tell us how you really feel about Walnut football and baseball. Would it have been different had your kid been lets say the starting QB or the “star” pitcher on the baseball team? As for the football play-offs go did it ever occur to you that some of the other teams in the San Antonio League just might be pretty good. I may not agree with “Walnut Insider” on alot of things, but he seems to at least partly understand some of the Walnut issues. You just seem like a bitter ole (bitter is being kind) dad who will for the next 20 years will be telling people how the coaches screwed his kid out of a scholarship. It is a real sad situation. As a “Former Walnut Booster”? Due the Mustangs a favor and stay that way.

SGV430 Ouuutt!!!

• Walnutinsider?

Former Walnut Booster,
    Sounds like Tommy Peralta’s Dad. Get a life looser. Now we know where Tommy gets it from.

• Walnutinsider?

Former walnut Booster,
    Here’s a great idea…how about you coach both sports next season and see how well you do!? if you have a personal problem with the coaches…do something about it besides hiding behind your posts. EFFing dork.
    Walnut insider…nice twist about your kid bringing you the whs newspaper. You almost got me. We still know who you are.

• REAL Former Booster (Football & Baseball)

If I think “Former Booster” is who he/she is, he/she was not involved in Boosters. I agree with the emphasis on “multi-sports.” I wish Walnut the best of luck this year in both football and baseball. It’s kind of nice to be done with all this nonsense! But yes, I decided to read this blog because I heard about these posts. And I have also agreed for years that the baseball program needs revamping.

• Fan

once again Fred has egg on his face, he never gives Walnut any respect, hey Fred Colts got beat y9u suck along with Aram. Walnut not only matched Covina offense, but beat them down in the end. covina fans are idiots. Fed you call yourself a sports guy. No way! Congrats to Mustangs, all you Walnut hater, f you all

• SGV for 30 Years

Fromer Booster: I hope you caught the Walnut/Covina game last night. I stand gladly corrected. I didn’t think Walnut could win in a shoot-out type game. Man did I miss that one (I don’t think I was the only one). That game is what high school sports are suppose to be like. The 4th quarter was unbelievible both teams had chances to win the game. Coleman played with the heart of a lion. He made 4 or 5 plays that no one else can make. It will get my early vote for game of the year. The guy you called a game manager, managed to throw for about 350 yards and 5 TD’s. His timely scrambles kept Walnut moving the chains all night. I’m interested to see if you will be posting more of your insightful information about how Walnut needs to move in a different coaching direction, and that no one at Walnut cares about Football. I saw a packed house and a lively crowd. I’m sure you spent your evening down in Orange County watching Tesoro light up the scoreboard against South Hills.

Walnut Insider: You can earn a little bit of credibility here. I’m waiting to see what your take on last nights game will be. Remember the Mustangs were down 21-7 at one point and could have called it a night. Did you notice the crowd being into the game? Did you notice the “TEAM” dog pile in the endzone after the interception to end the game? Where do you rank this game in terms of exciting finishes?

SGV430 Ouuut!!!

• Walnutinsider?

Former Booster ran off! :( Guess he couldn’t hang with man talk. Wow, the qb with no desire to win threw for over 350 yards. Coach O’shields, who he says should be fired, has shattered the offensive records. He’s raising loosers he says…one “loser” has a full ride to Washington. Another “loser”, is startin tackle for UCLA. No sir, YOU are the loser. When you have something halfway not retarded to say…we will be ready. You can suck it for doubting walnut against covina, Fred, you can suck it to. Walnut insider, you can suck a big fat one, for trying to play the good guy role all of a sudden.

• Peralta

Walnutinsider your an idiot before you start calling my kid names you should find out who Former Walnut Booster really is. The Peralta’s don’t need to hide behind a screen name we will tell you exactly how we feel, you should know that if you know us. In my book your the looser that can’t tell people who you really are hidding behind your screen name. GET A LIFE….. and leave my kid out of this crap. High School is over and he is much stronger from what he learned at Walnut and yes thanks to the coaches….. Your and idiot and I’m not afraid to tell you this is Tommy’s MOM….. Thank you to my great friends out there that are looking out for my son and telling us that there are idiots out there that have no life and need to keep trying to put others down…..

• http://erebusonyx.com/ best wow leveling guide addon druid
  • http://www.online-guitar-store.net/prs-guitars-prs-modern-eagle-c-106_122.html PRS Modern Eagle

What r ur favorite songs to play on guitar? Santeria This one blink 182 song and Mrs officer

• http://www.rosettastonelanguageshops.com Rosetta stone

Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

• http://www.FreshFreePornVideos.com PornTube

Thanks for all the info, your blog is extremely helpful.

• Pingback: Homepage