Travis Santiago’s injury status not clear, but what is clear is the SGV finally gets to watch Josiah Thropay at quarterback, where he wanted to be all along after stints at Monrovia, Bishop Amat

A lot is still up in the air about the quarterback situation at Charter Oak High School. But one thing that’s for certain is senior Josiah Thropay will be under center for the Chargers on Friday night against Santa Fe. That’s because normal starter Travis Santiago is sidelined with an ankle injury that nobody quite knows the extent of how bad it is. Santiago suffered the injury on the second-to-last play of Friday’s loss to Rancho Cucamonga.

Below: Charter Oak is fortunate. How many teams have a 6-foot-5 back-up as talented as Thropay.

The Chargers’ team doctor thought there was a fracture. The emergency room doctor said there were no breaks, but wasn’t sure if there were any hairline fractures. That leaves Chargers coach Lou Farrar waiting on further tests.

After Santa Fe, the Chargers have a bye week before starting Sierra League play against Ayala, which is currently undefeated.

“I wasn’t planning on having the bye week as the medical week for our quarterback when I made our schedule in December and January,” Farrar said.

“But it turns out that’s exactly what we’ll need to get everybody up to speed and healthy.”

Without a concrete diagnosis, there’s still no timetable for Santiago’s return. The good news is that Thropay got considerable experience at the beginning of last season when he split duties with Santiago.

“I hate to lose him as a receiver, but he obviously know the offense,” Farrar said. “Replacing him at wide receiver is hard. He understands what he has to do.”

• CO Folks sure are quiet!

Wow the CO supporters sure have been quiet lately on these blogs. I guess that is what a 2-2 start will do for you especially since those 2 losses came at the hands of inland division teams that don’t have a prayer in advancing far in the inland division playoffs.
    On a side note, I hate to see any kid get injured, especially a senior. I mean we can rag on each other all we want to on these blogs and tell each other that your team sucks….but at the end of the day, We should support any kids who have the courage to strap on a helmet. The life lessons learned by the hard work, sweat & dedication it takes to play football can last a lifetime. I wish for a speedy recover for Santiago (Even though I still think CO sucks….lol)

• AMAT 73

Good luck to Thropay in getting his chance to lead the Chargers . Too bad it came at the expense of losing Santiago to injury. Hopefully the injury is the least of all the senarios and Travis makes a speedy recovery. I am sure CO will learn from the 2 loses and it will make them a better team come league .

• Amat Honk

Good Luck Josiah, you have been waiting for this moment for quite some time now… so Go get’em kid! Lose yourself (as Eminem would say). It’s all good in the end, so best wishes from this member of the Amat Family, have a good one!

• SGV FOOTBALL

CO Folks sure are quiet!,

I just don’t understand why people write statements in the box where you are supposed to put your name??? Before you start saying CO sucks why dont you tell us what school your represent? Thropay will do just fine leading the offense and we will beat Santa Fe by a couple of tuds not by 1 point like our friends over at Bonita.

• SGV FOOTBALL – how would you respond if he said he was from Glendora or Rancho?

just asking?

• SGV FOOTBALL

I would laugh at Glendora because were still ranked ahead of them in the CIF poll and Rancho just flat out beat us no excuses there. Grow a pair and put your blog name were all adults here, what are your worried about?

• AMAT 73

SGV FOOTBALL,
    The more things change , the more they stay the same. Unreal how these full of piss and vinegar posters come on here to blast but fail to mention where the blast comes from . So, ‘just asking’ where do you come from or who do you rep and since your joining the fun so am I .

• is SGV FOOTBALL on your birth certificate?

for the past two years you’ve been telling everyone that rankings are NOT important and it’s all about wins and rings. Of course you’ve been saying that because Bishop Amat has been ranked above you in every poll known to man during that time based on Amat’s success at their level and the LA Times reporting on CO’s cupcake schedule. But now you’re changing your tune and playing the ranking card while disregarding a head-to-head win?

• Chino Hills Husky Fan

SGV Football,
    I made the opening post. I have no reason to hide. I am humble when it comes to supporting my Son’s school unlike many poster on here. In my opinion, the folks from Charter Oak can get quite Boisterous. My “CO sucks” comment was followed by a LOL….it was a joke. I think it will be fun watching 3 new teams in the Sierra league this year. The addition of South Hills, Charter Oak and an improved Claremont team will make for good competition. I think CO will have a much tougher time than had in their old league…I just think they (CO fans) need to be a little more humble.

• Chino Hills Husky Fan

SGV Football “I would laugh at Glendora because were still ranked ahead of them in the CIF poll”

Not anymore. Both CO & Glendora dropped out of the top 10 in this week’s poll. CHHS climbed to #5……..The Huskies have a big game this week against Redlands East Valley. Our tough preseason should help us once league starts though.

• COSteelCurtain

JCAZ, you at it again? Clearly you are the same racist idiot that insults the entire valley.

Amat 73, I know you find it hard to believe but open your eyes and follow the crumbs to this idiot supporter of Bishop Amat. ‘CO Folks sure are quiet’?, ‘Just asking’?, ‘just sayin’?, ‘Chino Hills Husky Fan’?, ‘SGVsBEST’?, ‘Chupacabra’?, and on and on. This guy is just a disgrace to the Amat Family. At some point you have to own it and wear it. Not for CO, but for your proud history and self respect.

And JCAZ, we at CO don’t hang league banners. We only hang CIF Championship Banners! All 5 of them.

CeeeOh!

• Don P.

Charter Oak fans (which I am one) are not necessarily “boisterous”….we are just a little bit “spoiled” with our recent success (over the last 10 years, or so). Yeah, we were playing in an easier league during those years, but most of us welcome the challenge of playing against these good teams in the Sierra league. This is supposed to be a rebuilding year for CO (playing with mostly sophomores and juniors). Our defense is a little weak (giving up more points than we are used to), and we have yet to establish a decent running game. (Our 2-2 record indicates that). Having said that, our passing game is outstanding. The national average is 105 yds per game, but we are averaging over 255 yds per game….try to match that Chino Hills, or Rancho Cucamongo, or Centennial, (or whoever). Of course, even our passing game may be in jeopardy, now that our QB, Travis Santiago, may be out for the season.

• Don

• jcaz

Steel Curtain rods,

Dude, you must have one heck of a hard on for me because it seems that everytime you see a comment you don’t like in here, you seem to go all ape schitz !

Dude, belive it or not, i’m not the only bogger in here who likes to talk crap, but if I am so far into your head, then maybe thats a good thing for me eh ?

You know, the fact that you can’t sleep at night is begining to worry me, if only because i’m begining to think that you are way more than, “just one sandwich short of a picnic”

Tooooo funny dude !!

• SGV FOOTBALL

is SGV FOOTBALL on your birth certificate?,

SGV FOOTBALL is actually my middle name LOL.
    Show me one place where I said the rankings are not important? Come on you got so called two years of evidence… What head to head win are you talking about? If you look at the CIF poll were are still above Glendora.

jcaz,

Please tell me you work the graveshift! Posting at 2:55AM…

• jcaz

Ha ha ha,

As crazy as this sounds,I have actually posted in here when I have been in Rome, in Bangkok and even in London.

Oftentimes I am up late, or early depending on your perspective I suppose, because I’m (regularly) sitting in front of a computer in another time zone (both literally and maybe figuratively….) when I post my comments.

This Morning, I was in Minneapolis so a two hour difference makes it about 5AM in Lindbergh field. Not to crazy is it ?

• RCCougars

Hey Don,

You talkin trash about how good your passing game is well You still lost to Rancho 2 of 3 years and tied us 3 years ago. Now rushing yards we out gained you 253 to 95. You had 265 yards passing to our 108.. Total yards 361 to 360 in our favor. (who cares!!!)

The most important stat scoreboard 40 to 28. Do not talk the smack you can not back up. We have the most passing yards HAHAHAHA..(what a joke.)

Chino Hills is a very quality team and will probably be the only team that will beat you all.

• keep in mind

excessive stats in one are does not always indicate greatness in that area as much as it does weakness in another.

• IE Town

Don:

When you play a weaker schedule, stats are always going to be sided. Get real, a good rushing game in college or NFL is 100+ and in HS it’s what?

You now will get the chance to really see your ability to put up numbers playing in a much different league and division.

• http://mo-insurance.info erta insurance

Tracy, whatever man!?!

• http://www.prlog.org/11013605-meladerm-cream-meladerm-skin-lightening-cream.html meladerm

This is probably one of the best mentions of this topic I’ve seen in quite a while. It’s obvious that your knowledge of the subject is deep and this made for a very interesting read.

• Chauncey

Possibly the most influential post I have read all year.

cigars

• Melvin Crocker

I am wondering exactly what Louisa says about this :)

reputation management

• Kathrine

I need to know exactly what Stephen will say about this?!?

acupressure courses

• Daren

I have to hear just what Normand will change with this…

-Sincerest Regards,
    Andy

moncler jackets

• Harrison Clement

Great read! I want to see a follow up on this topic.

taiwan guides

• Allyson

Hey Vivian, that logic is flawed :)

Fondest regards
    Alvin

hamburg live