Here’s this week’s girls volleyball top 10, where there was no movement among the top eight, with the top five combining for a 10-0 record for the week:
1. Chino Hills (21-3) — The Huskies, who haven’t lost since early October, extended their winning streak to nine matches. They get intra-city rival Ayala today.
2. Bonita (14-3) – The Bearcats are taking care of business in the Hacienda League, sweeping their last four opponents. But it gets tough this week with a home encounter against rival Los Altos on Thursday.
3. St. Lucy’s (11-6) – The Regents appear to be getting their second wind, following up a 3-0 loss to Chino Hills two weeks ago with back-to-back wins, including a four-game win over Ayala.
4. Los Altos (11-3) — The Conquerors are No. 2 in the Hacienda League, but they get a chance to change that on Thursday when they travel to first-place Bonita.
5. San Dimas (15-4) – The Saints are cruising in the Valle Vista League, sweeping two matches last week.
6. Glendora (5-5) – The Tartans, after losing their first three matches in the Baseline League, broke through with a win over Alta Loma. It doesn’t get easier this week, with a match against Los Osos.
7. Ayala (10-7) – The Bulldogs are just a step below Sierra League powers Chino Hills and St. Lucy’s, who beat them in four last week.
8. South Hills (10-7) – The Huskies nearly pulled off the upset of season, taking Chino Hills to five games before losing.
9. La Puente (9-4) – The Warriors, who swept three opponents last week, take over the No. 9 spot after league-rival Gladstone was upset by Azusa.
10. Diamond Bar (14-8) — The Brahmas are back in the top 10 after winning two of their last three matches.