Will Neuheisel be ready to go against Amat?

Shay update: Bishop Amat coach Steve Hagerty texted that Zach Shay is a game-time decision on Friday, but likely is out this week. That’s good news for Shay and the Lancers, he was on crutches and his ankle injury suffered in Friday’s win over Crespi appeared more serious. The combo back could return next week against Notre Dame.

Bishop Amat might be 14-0 at home since coach Steve Hagerty took over in 2008, but the Lancers are winless on the road in Serra League games (0-3) during the same span, something the undefeated Lancers (7-0, 1-0) hope to change when they meet Loyola (3-4, 0-1) at Los Angeles Valley College on Friday at 7 p.m.
The Cubs could be in deep trouble. They’re already without quarterback Jerry Neuheisel (son of UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel), who suffered a concussion in a 37-15 loss to St. John Bosco on Sept. 24 and hasn’t taken a snap since. (To continue, click thred).

“He had some lingering headaches and with the concern so high with concussions these days, we’ve been sitting him out to stay on the cautious side,” Cubs coach Michael Christensen said.
Neuheisel threw for 1,621 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2009 and had his second best game of the season against the Lancers, completing 19 of 24 passes for 229 yards and a touchdown in a 27-24 loss to the Lancers at Kiefer Stadium.
Making the situation even worse, back-up Andrew Magana injured his knee in Friday’s 21-18 loss to Sherman Oaks Notre Dame, in which the Knights won the game on a last-second 35-yard field goal.
With Magana out and Neuheisel questionable, Christensen joked that he might have to suit up on Friday.
“I just don’t know what’s going to happen at this point,” Christensen said. “It’s day-to-day with Jerry.
“He practices, but not in contact drills. He looks fine, he functions fine, it’s just a matter of getting a doctor’s clearance.”
With the quarterback situation uncertain, the Cubs will likely turn to Arizona-bound running back Jared Baker, who had a 240-yard, four touchdown performance recently against Valencia.
“He’s a factor because he’s a heck of a player,” Christensen said of Baker. “But there’s only so much he can do, we have to have other alternatives.
“Bishop Amat’s been great against the run, they’ve done a lot of things well. For us, our backs are against the wall, we need to come up with something that’s going to work.”
Christensen said he’s already watched film of the Lancers’ seven victories, including Friday’s 31-28 win over Crespi, in which Jalen Moore rushed for 270 yards and two touchdowns.
The Lancers did a great job against Crespi’s high-powered aerial show.
“They’re solid,” Christensen said. “They execute well and they don’t make a lot of penalties. They’re undefeated for a reason, they’re fundamentally sound. They just seem to be a step ahead of everyone at the moment.”

• Serra fan

Loyola’s Neuheisel will be under center for the Amat game. It is a must win situation for Loyola with their next two games after Amat are with Crespi and Alameny. He has had enough time to recover, he will be there. It will not matter Amat wins the game 28-14

• AMAT!!!

hoping all is well with Neuheisel, he is a great quarterback!!

• FredJ

Talking to the coach it appears it comes down to a medical clearance .. if he’s cleared, he’ll play.

• Amat Honk

Hope he is doing well and cleared to play; however, just a word of caution….stay in the pocket because trouble awaits on the otherside of his lineman!!!

• BA Blues

Great news about Zach Shay! He will be missed this Friday but thank God he is ok!

Prayers also should go out to Loyola’s Neuheisel as well in that he too heals as soon as possible.

BEST OF LUCK TO BOTH SCHOOLS THIS FRIDAY!

ON BLUE!

• All Blue & Gold

May God bless you Neuheisel on a speedy recovery. Your health is most important.

• All Blue & Gold

• All Blue & Gold

• Joe Amat

Thoughts and prayers to the entire student body and families at Notre Dame Sherman Oaks who had a cross-country runner killed in a car accident while jogging around campus after school yesterday. Kids – be carful and drivers – around schools, please – take extra caution. Sad.

• I’m getting a browser error, is anyone else?

• Tube internets are organized in a series.

• As a Newbie, I am continuously searching online for articles that can be of assistance to me. Thank you

• I found your entry interesting do Ive added a Trackback to it on my weblog šŸ™‚

• Good day! You some type of professional? Great message. Are you able to tell me learn how to subscribe your weblog?

• Hello. impressive job. I did not anticipate this. This is a impressive story. Thanks!

• I have been reading out a few of your articles and i must say nice stuff. I will make sure to bookmark your blog.

• This is probably one of the best mentions of this topic I’ve seen in quite a while. It’s obvious that your knowledge of the subject is deep and this made for a very interesting read.

• I don’t understand until the end of what on earth is written here, because I are not aware of English so well. You’ll be able to write it more evidently? Check Best way to lose weight.

• I experimented with looking at your website with my iphone and the format does not seem to be right. Might want to check it out on WAP as well as it seems most cellphone layouts are not working with your web page.

• I think this is one of the most important information for me. And im glad reading your article. Good job, cheers

• Rapidshare Search

I think this is one of the most important information for me. And im glad reading your article. Good job, cheers
    http://crazyupload.net/

• Thank you, this article help to me!

• Nice blog !!! thank you it’s very important

• fantastic post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector do not notice this. You must continue your writing. I am sure, you have a huge readers base already!

• Good post. I learn something more difficult on completely different blogs everyday. It is going to at all times be stimulating to read content from other writers and observe somewhat something from their store. Id prefer to make use of some with the content material on my weblog whether you dont mind. Natually Ill give you a hyperlink on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.