Here’s this week’s Girls Volleyball Top 10:
1. Chino Hills (23-3) – The Huskies continue to roll, although they have been stretched a bit in recent weeks. They play at St. Lucy’s tonight for first place in the Sierra League.
2. St. Lucy’s (14-6) –The Regents, ranked No. 1 until being swept by Chino Hills, has been on fire lately, finishing second to Los Osos in the Ayala Tournament on Saturday. We’ll see if they can keep it going tonight.
3. Bonita (17-3) – The Bearcats are on track for another league title, which another run to the divisional finals well within their reach.
4. Los Altos (16-4) – The Conquerors are starting to find their second wind, winning five of their past six, with the lone loss a five-game setback to first-place Bonita.
5. San Dimas (17-4) — The Saints have cruised through the Valle Vista League. They get a test against second-place Northview tonight.
6. Ayala (11-8) – The Bulldogs have been steady lately, losing league matches to stalwarts Chino Hills and St. Lucy’s in the past few weeks.
7. South Hills (11-8) – Huskies suffered a rare loss in three games last week after being swept at home by St. Lucy’s. They get a key battle against Ayala tonight, which is expected to decide third in a rugged Sierra.
8. La Puente (12-4) — The Warriors dropped an early Montview League setback to Gladstone in September. They haven’t lost since, and look like locks for another league title.
9. El Monte (12-2) – The Lions make their first appearance in the top 10. They are having a solid season, and will go for first place against Mission Valley League favorite Gabrielino next week.
10. Walnut (9-8) – The Mustangs, a top five team in recent years, slumped out the gate, but has picked up steam lately, and is challenging Los Altos for second place in the Hacienda League. They close with Los Altos, which will decide second place behind Bonita.
NOTE: Rankings are through matches of Monday, Oct. 25. Records are those reported to this newspaper.