1. Bishop Amat (9-0) – Lancers winning by an average of 23 points a game — remarkable considering the competition. They remained No. 3 in the Pac-5 and have two weeks often before the showdown at Alemany for first in the Serra and a likely top four playoff seed.
2. West Covina (7-1) — The Bulldogs have won all their step-up games and won them convincingly, which is why they’re No. 1 in the Southeast and No. 2 in our poll. Until someone proves they can handle their athletic backfield and ferocious defense, they will continue to win.
3. Claremont (7-1) — No. 5 in the Inland Poll and closing in on a Sierra League title. They can clinch at least a tie with a win over South Hills, which appears almost a lock considering the amount of points South Hills gives up.
4. Chino Hills (6-2) — Dismantled South Hills and has looked like a beast ever since losing to Claremont. But now they get Charter Oak and an offense similar to what they faced against Claremont in a losing effort.
5. Covina (8-1) — The Colts can wrap-up the Valle Vista league title with a win at the defending champ Saints, which would give them two weeks off before the playoff. With the No. 5 ranking in the Mid-Valley, the Colts desperately need it to prove to pollsters they deserve a top-rour seed come playoff time.
6. Bonita (7-1) – They didn’t look very athletic against West Covina, but who does against them? The Bearcats are still a force and will have a chance to prove themselves against Diamond Ranch in their league finale.
7. Azusa (8-0) — They have been in playoff mode for more than a month, having the best season in school history and should without a doubt finish 10-0 and end up with the top seed in the Mid-Valley.
8. Charter Oak (5-3) – It’s been well noted the Chargers are 0-3 in step-up games and they’ve got another on Friday at home against Chino Hills. If you’re to believe the Chargers have any chance in the Inland Division, they have to prove they can win games like this.
9. Diamond Ranch (5-3) — The Panthers continue to look impressive in the Hacienda but now comes the test against West Covina at home, followed by Bonita in the finale.
10. Arroyo (7-1) – The Knights needed to beat Rosemead to feel confident about their Mission League title hopes, but they will have to beat fellow 3-0 El Monte on Friday to actually claim the MVL.
The Rest:11. Glendora (5-3), 12. San Dimas (5-3), 13. Damien (4-4), 14. Walnut (4-4), 15. Diamond Bar (5-3), 16. Rowland (4-5), 17. South Hills (2-6), 18. La Puente (6-2), 19. Ayala (4-4), 20. Baldwin Park (3-5), 21. Rosemead (5-3), 22. El Monte (4-4), 23. Pomona (3-5), 24. Northview (3-5), 25. Wilson (4-4), 26. Gladstone (4-4), 27. Sierra Vista (5-3), 28. Mountain View (4-4), 29. Ganesha (3-5), 30. Nogales (1-7), 31. South El Monte (1-7), 32. Bassett (3-5), 33. Workman (2-6), 34. Los Altos (0-8), 35. Duarte (0-7).
Raw footage from Bonita, West Covina game on Friday.