1. Bishop Amat ( 6-2) - Lancers allowed just two runs in last three wins, which includes a 5-0 blanking over Chatsworth. They’ve won six straight since starting 0-2 to let the SGV know who’s at the top of the chart.
2. Charter Oak (4-1) — After opening the Sierra with a big 4-1 win over Ayala, the Chargers get Claremont at home today hoping to leave a big imprint in the new league.
3. Bonita (5-2) — Suffered 10-4 loss to Long Beach Poly and opens Hacienda with a huge one at Diamond Bar on Friday, most likely against Mathews.
4. Glendora (4-2) — Opened the Baseline with back-to-back wins over Upland and Rancho Cucamonga and gets Alta Loma on Friday. You find out how good teams are when tournaments are over with.
5. Nogales (7-1) — The area’s biggest surprirse beat Northview to open the Valle Vista and swept Arroyo on Saturday. They get San Dimas next.
6. Damien (3-3) – Spartans look great in Sierra opening with over South Hills. If they can pitch, they have the bats to swing with anyone.
7. South Hills (4-2) – Opened the Sierra with a 7-4 loss to Damien, showing once again if you don’t have the pitching in the Sierra, each game is a fight.
8. Claremont (4-1) — After looking so great, Wolfback humbled in Sierra League opener in 5-0 loss to Chino Hills.
9. Chino Hills (5-2) – Beat previously unbeaten Claremont 5-0 for their fourth straight wins.
10. Diamond Bar (3-4) – The preseason No. 1 is slowly crawling back after Hacienda League opening win over West Covina. The proof comes Friday at home against Bonita.