1. Bishop Amat (7-1) — Because of all the rainouts, the Lancers have five games in five days, starting with Northview today, La Salle Wednesday, Bishop Montgomery Thursday and a pair on Saturday against, Saugus and Corona Santiago. Let’s see how they come out of that?
2. Bonita (12-2) – After playing nearly every day, the ‘Cats finish a rest week with the start of the Hacienda League, and they start with Los Altos Wednesday. That should be interesting with Bonita’s Courtney Gano going against her former team, which is 7-2 without her.
3. South Hills (8-3) — Impressive four-game win streak with victories over St. Lucy’s, Covina, San Dimas and Ayala. They’re at home against 8-2 Claremont today.
4. Glendora (7-4) — Could be a long season in the Baseline for the Tartans, who already are 0-1 with undefeated Etiwanda (10-0) next
5. Los Altos (7-2) — Despite losing Washington-bound stud Courtney Gano, the Conquerors are enjoying a great start after winning the Whittier tournament with a 6-5 win over San Pedro in the championship.
6. Chino Hills (4-2) — Huskies rested with three big games this week against Charter Oak, St. Lucy’s and Ayala.
7. West Covina (5-3) — Already 2-0 in the Hacienda League with an impressive win over Walnut on the road. The Dogs can swing the bat, and have enough pitching to be competitive.
8. Duarte (7-1) — The biggest surprise of the week came when the CIF polls were released on Monday wit the Falcons on top in Division 5.
9. Charter Oak (8-5) — The Chargers have struggled with consistency for a few years now. Although they’re 8-5 overall, they’re only 1-2 in league.
10. Claremont (8-2) — The only thing that keeps the Wolfpack in the top ten is their overall record. In the Sierra they’re last at 0-2.