1. Bishop Amat (15-2) — They continue to win, beating Lakeside and West Ranch in the Corona tournament over the weekend. But this is make-or-break week in league, facing St. Joseph on the road today and at home on Saturday. Both teams are undefeated in the Del Rey.
2. Bonita (14-2) - They’re looking so good their last three wins were all shutouts, but this is step-up week at West Covina on Wednesday, which is where we will be for the big game.
3. South Hills (11-5) — Finished off a good week with wins over Chino Hills and St. Lucy’s. When all is said and done, the Huskies probably win the Sierra.
4. Chino Hills (11-4) — The jury’s still out, they still have two games left with South Hills, St. Lucy’s and Charter Oak, so a long, long way to go.
5. West Covina (11-5) — They’re a half-game in front of Bonita with a 3-0 record in the Hacienda, with Bonita undefeated at 2-0. It appears these are the top two teams, so Wednesday’s game at West Covina should tell us a lot.
6. Glendora (8-6) — The Baseline league is simply proving too tough, the Tartans tied for last place with some tough games coming up. But in our neck of the woods, they’re still a top team.
7. Charter Oak (9-6) — The Chargers had a week off to regroup, re-energize or re-something. They sit in fifth in the Sierra, but it’s still early and there are a lot of games left.
8. Ayala (7-7) – If they lose again, maybe it’s time to drop them out of the top ten. They’re here outta respect, but a 9-7 loss to Claremont doesn’t help the argument.
9. Duarte (12-1) — You can make the argument they haven’t played anyone or the Montview is weak, but 12-1 is 12-1. Welcome to the top ten.
10. San Dimas (9-5) — They also had a week off, but are still 4-0 in the Valle Vista, which isn’t the strongest of leagues this year.