Football: With Brandon Rohrer out, is Todd Quinsey the next Glendora coach? A decision is expected this week, Aram reports

La Puente High School football coach Brandon Rohrer is staying put. Rohrer pulled out of the running for the vacant Glendora varsity head football coaching job late last week to remain at La Puente, where he has compiled a 16-6 record in two seasons. “I am officially out of the running,” Rohrer said Monday. “I pulled my name late last week. I’m very excited about what we have coming back at La Puente and part of me feels like our job is still not done. It was getting late in the game. It was about time we pulled our name out. A lot of the credit goes to the administration at La Puente because they wanted to keep us and they’ve done a lot of stuff to help us retain some coaches.” (To continue click thread)

Glendora appeared to be a dream situation for Rohrer, who graduated from the school in 2000 and recently bought a house there. When former Tartans coach Mark Pasquarella resigned in February, Rohrer looked like a natural fit to be his replacement. But uncertainty about whether a teaching position would be attached to the open coaching position has hampered the school’s hiring process.

“I told my family, `What happens, happens. If I come back to La Puente, I have a great team coming back,’ ” Rohrer said. “It would be nice to go back home, but I wouldn’t necessarily call it a dream job when you have to go play Rancho Cucamonga, Los Osos and Upland every year.”

Charter Oak assistant Todd Quinsey is believed to be the front-runner to get the job. Quinsey and Rohrer were the two finalists for the position, according to multiple sources.

Glendora principal Paul Lopez said a decision would be made this week.