Above: Bishop Amat catcher Jackie Carlin
1. Bishop Amat (19-2) — With the Del Rey already wrapped up, the Lancers turn to Wednesday’s game against reigning CIF champion Santa Margarita, whom they will face at Citrus College at 5:30 p.m., in a game benefiting the RJ’s Foundation.
2. Bonita (18-2) – Wish we could get an Amat-Bonita softball game just like in baseball. The Bearcats are playing so well it’s hard to know who the top team is. After beating Diamond Bar 7-0 on Monday, they face the Brahmas again Wednesday and Los Altos on Friday.
3. South Hills (13-5) — A game back of Chino Hills in the loss column, they need to win both take over sole possession of first with two weeks to go, and they will have to do it on the road in both games.
4. Glendora (12-7) — The Tartans are hanging tough in the Baseline, but need a win over Upland today and another against Los Osos later in the week to stay in the league chase.
5. Chino Hills (16-4) — The Huskies’ seven game winning streak put to the test this week against South Hills for first in the Sierra. Both games, today and Thursday, are at the Big League Dreams in Chino Hills.
6. West Covina (12-6) — The Bulldogs were on spring break last week but resume with a pair against Rowland starting Wednesday. They’re still only a game back of Bonita and will meet again next week.
7. Duarte (16-2) –Just like in basketball, the Falcons continue to look impressive, putting together on overall record as impressive as anyone.
8. San Dimas (14-7) — Starting to pull away in the Valle Vista with a 7-0 league record, two games ahead of Northview.
9. Los Altos (11-5) – The Conqs sit in fourth in the Hacienda, but that could change quick with Diamond Bar playing Bonita twice and the Conqs getting Bonita later in the week.
10. Northview (13-8-1) — The Vikings’ 12-11 loss to Covina put a serious hurt on their Valle Vista league title hopes.