Above: San Dimas beat Covina 10-9 in first meeting. What happens when they meet again at Covina today at 3:15 with first-place on the line….see ya there.
1. Bonita (22-4) — With Rowland and Diamond Ranch left on the schedule, the Bearcats should close out the Hacienda and keep the No. 1 seed in D-3. Question of the postseason is how much do you use McCreery with their starting pitching doing so well all season? My guess is McCreery will close.
2. Bishop Amat (23-4) — Back on track and just in time for the Division 4 playoffs. Can you win a CIF title without a true No. 1 pitcher? That remains to be seen, but the overall record is impressive.
3. South Hills (18-4) — They remain in a tie for first with Chino Hills with two games left against Charter Oak, who is out of the playoff picture. Chino Hills faces Ayala, edge to Chino Hills.
4. Glendora (15-6-1) — Not many Glendora teams have done well in the Baseline, but the Tartans’ baseball team is an exception, further showing the baseball talent in the SGV, and that coach Henley is among the best managers.
5. Chino Hills (16-8) — In best position to win Sierra league title with two games left against Ayala. Chances are, Charter Oak takes one from South Hills simply because of the rivalry.
6. Diamond Bar (14-10) – Yes, this is the team I pegged No. 1 the beginning of the season, and yes, this is the team I wouldn’t want to face in the playoffs with Mathews and Omana.
7. Los Altos (16-9) — They host Diamond Bar tomorrow for a chance to move into a second-place tie. The snuck up and beat Bonita recently, can they do the same to Diamond Bar?
8. San Dimas (17-8-1) — The Saints have a one game lead over Covina heading into today’s showdown. If today’s game is anything like San Dimas’ 10-9 win over Covina in the first meeting, we’re in for a treat.
9. Damien (13-11) — The Spartans already have locked up third in the Sierra and will be a third-place team nobody wants to face in the postseason.
10. Sierra Vista (18-4) — Got a split with La Puente last week, which was all it needed to take control of the Montview. Still, defense needs some work.