Breaking: Covina’s Remontay McClain runs incredible wind-aided 10.28 at D-3 Prelims; West Covina’s Beejay Lee runs 10.48 at D-1 prelims

Remontay’s 10.28 on video, check it out!

Division 1 prelim results

Division 2 prelim results

Division 3 prelim results

Division 4 prelim results

Serra’s George Farmer, McClain and Lee’s biggest threat in the 100 and 200 meters, turned his ankle and scratched from both races at the D-4 meet today.

It wasn’t so much about what 100-meter dash defending state champion Remontay McClain of Covina High School did on Saturday afternoon during the CIF-Southern Section prelims, it’s what his main rival — Serra’s George Farmer — didn’t do. And that’s run. McClain easily won the 100 in Division 3 in a wind-aided time of 10.28 seconds to qualify for next week’s championship. But Farmer, who had formed a major rivalry with McClain after finishing second to him in last year’s state championship race and beating McClain at this year’s Arcadia Invitational, injured his ankle and was unable to run in the Division 4 prelims, thus ending his season. The defection of Farmer means that West Covina’s Beejay Lee, who won the Division 1 prelim in 10.48 on Saturday, will now become McClain’s biggest threat later in the season. Lee also won the 200-meter dash in a time of 21.00. (to continue click thread)

Elsewhere in Division 3, San Dimas’ Katherine Salcido had a big day, qualifying for the championship events next week in the high jump, long jump, relays and hurdles.
Arcadia distance runner Ammar Moussa punched his ticket into next weekend’s Division 1 championship field in the 3,200-meter run by finishing second in a time of 9:13.88. Teammate Allen Leung wasn’t far behind, qualifying in ninth in 9:20.09.
Alhambra’s James Martin won the Division 1 300-meter hurdles in 38.57 and was fourth in the 110-meter hurdles in a time of 14.85.
Walnut girls pole vaulter Chesley Ekelem had the high mark of the day in Division 1, posting a 10-09.
In Division 4, Muir hurdler Daityvon McFadden won the 300 hurdles in a time of 39.28. Muir’s boys 4×100 relay team finished fifth and qualified for next week’s finals in a time of 44.29.

• Living Legend

you forgot to mention that McClain smoked Farmer a week after the Arcadia invite.

• Anon

I thought Remontay shut down the jets at the end of the 100m. He looked STRONG, and I think he has more in his formidable tank.

Don’t forget to mention Kylie Price, who also had a great day at the D3 prelims, running away with her 100m and 200m heats, qualifying in the long jump, and also running on her 4x100m relay team (which qualified).

Salcido ran on only one SDHS relay, the 4x100m, which won its heat and also qualified for Finals.

Good luck to all of our SGV track and field athletes next weekend at CIF Finals!

• Colt74

Good…I’m not the only one that seems to think that about 5 yards before the tape Mr. McClain starts pulling up. Move the tape back another 5 yards and Mr. McClain is the US record holder IMHO. Yes…he IS that good.

Great job Mr. McClain and all the SGV athletes moving on. I feel bad for Mr. Farmer. He deserves to be there.

• http://-1 Prep Fan

Webb also had a great showing in the Division 4 Prelims, in particular for the girls:

Amarra Berry qualified for the finals in the 100, 200, 100m hurdles and as part of the 4 x 100 relay.

Miya Wensley qualified for the finals in the Long Jump and Triple Jump

Lindsey Weissman qualified in the high jump.

On the boys side:
    Bailey Stockdale qualified in the pole vault.

Bailey and Lindsey qualified at the highest heights reached in the prelims and Amarra Berry qualified 3rd in both the 100 and 100 hurdles.

• great for the sgv

Or better yet move the tape back 10 yds and it’s a lock he has it. Good job and showing by these young athletes.