Saturday Morning Quarterback: West Covina wins another thriller over South Hills 35-33; Amat rolls past La Mirada; Los Altos routs rival Wilson and Charter Oak, Glendora and Arroyo all win

Quote of the night: “We just got overwhelmed,” said La Mirada coach Mike Moschetti, whose team opened with losses to St. Paul (24-7) on Sept. 2 and La Habra (28-19) last week. “Those two teams (St. Paul and La Habra) aren’t Bishop Amat. It’s
not even close.”

Friday’s PrepXtra Postgame Rewind

West Covina wins thriller: Just another classic on Cameron Ave. That was the feeling after West Covina survived a furious fourth-quarter rally from visiting South Hills to pull out a 35-33 victory on Friday. The Bulldogs built a 35-14 lead going into the fourth quarter behind four touchdowns and 242 yards from Jimmy Frazier.

Great highlights and interviews from the Inland Insider, Tom Kiss and crew from West Covina’s thrilling 35-33 win over South Hills.

TDro caught up with Covina to talk about its blowout win over El Monte..

Friday’s results
Los Altos 32, Wilson 6 – The feel-good story continues as Conquerors improve to 3-0 heading into a big game with Ayala next week.
Bishop Amat 49, La Mirada 13 – Jalen Moore went nuts, rushing for 303 yards and five touchdowns as the Lancers bounced back from last week’s big loss to Servite.
Maranatha 47, Azusa 28 – The Minutemen are looking like Mid-Valley contenders with an easy win over Azusa.
Covina 52, El Monte 10 — The Colts are rolling offensively, doing anything it wants. With Monrovia going down tonight, Covina should be the No. 1 ranked team in the division. Anyone care to disagree?
Arroyo 29, Montebello 22 – Steven Rivera threw for 289 yards, including the game-winning touchdown pass with 50 seconds left.
Charter Oak 54, Esperanza 28 — The Chargers rolled up over 600 yards in total offense to go to 3-0 heading into next week’s big game against Rancho Cucamonga.
Glendora 24, Colony 17 — Huge win for the Tartans, who kept on fighting after tough losses to Charter Oak and Monrovia.
Claremont 46, Walnut 20 — Wolfpack off to another quick start, just like last year.
Baldwin Park 23, Cantwell-Sacred Heart 14 – Braves bounce back to get a huge win at home, probably the upset of the night.
La Puente 43, Northview 34 — The Warriors outscore the Vikings in an offensive slugfest.
West Covina 35, South Hills 33 – Jimmy Frazier rushed for 242 yards and four touchdowns, surviving a great effort from Huskies QB Vince Hernandez, who threw for 389 yards and three touchdowns, with Jamie Canada hauling in 8 receptions for 242 yards and two TDs. South Hills had four turnovers, West Covina had three in one of those games that had everyone shaking their heads. Great offense from both, and another classic finish.
La Serna 21, Bonita 20 -- Bearcats lose for the second straight time, this one a heartbreaker at home.
Nogales 31, Ontario 7 — Nobles looking good with second straight win, adding another Valle Vista league team to the playoff contending mix.
South El Monte 34, Workman 7 — Eagles roll in win over the Lobos.
San Dimas 59, San Gabriel 6 — Since losing to Bonita, Saints look great in wins over Azusa and San Gabriel.
Bosco Tech 51, Gladstone 27 — Gladiators showed they can score, but they give up a lot too.
Glenn 50, Bassett 6 -- Olympians never in it, lose big at home.
Diamond Bar 26, Don Lugo 6 -- Brahmas look impressive again, win second straight.
Tesoro 27, Chino Hills 3 – We keep telling you, facing these Pac-5 teams is no joke.
Ayala 43, Alta Loma 7 – Ayala wins, setting up big game with unbeaten Los Altos next week.
Bloomington 25, Pomona 22 – Red Devils lose a tough one, face Chino Hills next.
Elsinore 27, Diamond Ranch 20 — The Ranch slow starts continue, fall to 0-3.

But the Huskies with three touchdowns in the fourth to nearly send it to overtime.
Just when the Bulldogs were about to apply the finishing touches, the Huskies’ Vince Hernandez returned a fumble for an 83-yard score to cut the Bulldogs’ lead to 35-27 with 7:48 left.

After another Bulldogs fumble deep in South Hills territory, Hernandez hooked up with Jamie Canada for a 69-yard touchdown with 1:29 left to cut it to 35-33.

The Huskies, which had an extra point blocked earlier, missed the game-tying two-point conversion when Hernandez’ pass attempt came up short.

South Hills certainly had reason to feel like it let one slip away.

Hernandez threw for 389 yards and three touchdowns, but he also had three interceptions — one at the goalline at the end of the first half, and another in the endzone early in the second half.

Canada also had an amazing night, hauling in eight receptions for 242 yards and two touchdowns, showing why he’s considered the best wideout in the Valley.

But the Huskies couldn’t stop the Bulldogs on the ground. In addition to Frazier’s 242 yards, Aaron Salgado rushed for 160 yards and a touchdown as the Bulldogs amassed over 400 yards on the ground.

But it also was Salgado who committed to fourth quarter fumbles in the redzone that could have sealed the deal much earlier.

But it was one of those games, the Huskies with four turnovers, the Bulldogs’ with three and enough offense from both to produce a thrilling finish.

West Covina improved to 2-1 while South Hills dropped to 1-2.
“They had trouble stopping our run, and we had trouble stopping their pass,” West Covina coach Mike Maggiore said. ”

“I didn’t want it to be that close, not after we were up three touchdowns. We ran the ball well, especially against a defense that knew we were going to run the ball, but we turned it over late when I thought we were going to score.

“But it works both ways, we got some breaks too. They threw a couple picks in the endzone.”

Frazier’s first two touchdowns gave the Bulldogs a 14-0 lead, then Canada caught a 78-yard pass from Hernandez to trim it to 14-7.

But the Bulldogs came right back, scoring on Salgado’s 46-yard run to go up 21-7. South Hills nearly trimmed it to a touchdown again, but Hernandez’s 11-yard touchdown attempt was tipped and the Bulldogs intercepted it seconds before the half ended.

After Brayton Newton caught an 11-yard touchdown pass from Hernandez to trim it to 21-14, Frazier went crazy, scoring on a 65 and 58-yard run to close the third quarter, extending the Bulldogs’ lead to 35-14.

“He’s (Frazier) a great back, a great athlete,” South Hills coach Steve Bogan said. “A couple of times we had guys in front of him, but he made them miss, that’s what great athletes do.”

After a moment to reflect, Bogan simply thought it was a great football game. South Hills lost its season opener to Colony 30-29, missing a game-tying extra point in the final seconds.

That’s twice the Huskies missed a chance to send a game to overtime by missing conversions.

“The greatest thing you saw tonight was teams compete,” Bogan said. “I don’t think anyone quit on this football field.”

COVERITLIVE REWIND WITH MIKE THE COUSIN

• ?

anyone know how the lower level wilson vs los altos games went?

• LA Futbol

Both levels were blowouts in favor of the Conqs. I believe JV won like 49-6 and Frosh was something like 28-0.

With that said, I would not be at all surprised to see the Conqs struggle tonight…maybe even lose. I’m a HUGE LA supporter, but I think this team is a a little overhyped right now and ripe for the pickin’. Feature stories on the front page of the Trib, ranked in CIF, ranked in the valley…all this stuff can go to the head of the young men, most of whom had never won a Varsity FB game before two weeks ago.

Also, the best athlete on the field BY FAR will be Nelson from Wilson. I sincerely hope Ziola and his staff have kept their players focused on the task at hand. In this, and most other rivalries, records mean nothing. It’s going to be the team that is more focused and disciplined that takes home The Wheel.

Prediction Time:
    Los Altos – 31
    Wilson – 21

Conqs put the game out of reach with a late 4th quarter field goal. Good luck to both teams tonight. Be safe, play hard and show class. Win or lose…represent your school with pride.

• 12th man

With these key injuries I feel now is the time to change the offense..The only way Amat is going to compensate for there lack of size on both sides of the ball is to start running a no huddle offense..This gives you a chance to score quickly & it negates the opportunity for the defense to make the neccesary subs..Running the ball & trying to take time off the clock only works when you have a solid defense..Amat’s best chance of going deep into the playoffs is to have every game turn into a shootout..A real barn burner..Alot of the top teams in So Cal. have already made the transition to a no huddle..I kmow Amat is traditionally a ground & pound team but with a small O”line this season its aslmost vital they make the obvious adjustment before they start to realize that Jalen Moore can only do so much especially against teams who are stacking the box & have a solid defense..Its only going to get tougher to run the ball during league & the playoffs..I say go “No Huddle”

• 12th man

I forgot to mention how Amat could benifit by running a no huddle offense..Amat’s line is obviously smaller then most teams..So if you run play after play who do you think is going to ware down quicker Amat’s line who are smaller & more Athletic or the opposing teams who have the big uglys in there every play trying to hurry up & get back to the line of scrimmage for each down..Eventually running the no huddle becomes a game of stamina & cardial fitness..Amat needs to exploit the bigger teams by consistenly rushing them forcing them to make bad choices on coverages not to mention after a while the D”line’s push off the snap will decrease because they will eventually gas out! Thats when you punch the other team in the mouth & run the ball stright up the gut..Lets face it Amat is going to need alot of points during league to win games..I just dont see the defense pitching shutouts or keeping it close vs pac5 teams..

• SGV FAN

Im excited to see glendora playing tonight…I hear the crall kid, jacob rodriguez, and a few other kids are out for the game..can anyone confirm..also heard ayala’s qb is out…

• smallcitymc

12thman,

My thoughts exactly. Amat needs to go to a no huddle offense, something that most likely should have been done for the Servite game. It may not play out as well against La Mirada, but it should still be used, even if it offers only a slight advantage.

• jim

ayala’s QB is good to go…

• D-Mo

SGV FAN, I know that Jacob Rodriguez broke his collarbone and my be out for the season. Very Sad. He’s a lover of the game.

• AMAT 73

Good luck to all the teams playing tonight and hope you all a solid and injury free game. To the Men in Blue , stay focused and put in the work . To the ones filling in for the injured , now is your time to shine . GO LANCERS.

• Colt74

Where is the parking for El Monte football games?

TIA!

• stevo

Trying to get an idea how good San Gabriel High is. Anyone know anything about em? Going to the game to cheer for the Saints and i am just wondering about san gabriel. Thanks

• http://www.twitter.com/SGVtylerd tDro

Excited to see the matchup between El Monte and Covina at El Monte H.S. tonight. Should be a lot of points and highlights. Will have some highlights/ interviews up by Saturday morning for you football diehards! Until then… follow along on Coveritlive tonight for updates from the game.

– Tyler Drohan

• boscotechdad

Bosco Tech won the game from start to finish. The right score is posted but wrong team. Bosco Tech looked strong, the young men of Bosco Tech keep getting better. Keep up the hard work.

• Coach Burt the Firebrand

“It’s not something I have a big history with,” Burt said of the rivalry. “To be honest, it doesn’t matter who we play, we need to win a football game.”

This is exactly the motivational speech Burt laid on the Wilson players in the locker room, just before the game. Many of the players were scratching their heads, and left a bit underwhelmed to say the least.

Hey coach, way to pump the troops up before the big game. Why don’t ya also tell them their dogs just died too…

Next time you retire, do us all a favor, and stay retired.

• Hey Freddie, Pomona?

Hey Freddie

No Pomona/Bloomington game listed in the scoreboard…

What up wit dat?

• riddle me this

La Mirada 19
    La Habra 28

La Mirada 49
    Bishop Amat 13

Bishop Amat 14
    Servite 49

Servite 24
    La Habra 16

so Amat did to La Mirada what La Habra couldn’t do – but Servite did to Amat what it couldn’t do to La Habra. discuss if you will..

• Yorba Linda Rising

Well, well, well. I was wrong. I stand corrected. C.O. is better than Esperanza. They sure hit hard for a medium-sized team. I must re-think this OC is always better than the SGV. Might you all be tougher?

• Hmmm

@ Riddle

Bishop Amat was not ready when they played Servite. Moreover, Bishop Amat’s Zach Shay and Adam Alcantara were also injured in the 1st quarter vs. Servite and did not play the rest of the game. I’m not saying BA would have beat America’s #6 team but missing these players took a toll as well as Rio Ruiz’s off night. But honestly I have no idea how La Mirada gave La Habra such a good game. Bishop Amat would have won 50 something to 0 if they had left their starters in. I guess that’s Big Boy football.

• 12th man

Amat did what was expected from them..The defense was still lacking the ability to stop big plays on 3rd & long, other then that it was a good showing from Dionza Blue who was making plays up & down the field..I would still have to say the La Habra loss to servite was more impressive then the Bishop Amat win over La Mirada..Does anyone know how many total yards Moore had?

• Witness

I agree with 12th man, “Amat did what was expected from them”. but,I think Hags should have used a Rio’s arm more than he did. If we have that weapon, why not use it.
    Good game Amat.

• like I said

La Mirada 19
    La Habra 28

La Mirada 13
    Bishop Amat 49

Bishop Amat 14
    Servite 49

Servite 24
    La Habra 16

Servite did to Amat what it couldn’t do to La Habra but Amat did to La Mirada what La Habra couldn’t do – discuss if you will..

• AMAT 73

12th Man,
    Funny you say AMAT did what was expected of them. So in essence you do do expect us to beat teams of this caliber , and beat them soundly. I, as you, knew we were up against a great team in Servite and it was a measuring stick for us to see just where we stood against the best the PAC-5 has to offer. So in our dismanteling of LM it was expected by you, so thank you for that. Yes LH put up a better final score but they still lost. Moore was in the 300 yard plus area so just maybe just maybe that little O Line is making and executing the blocking schemes that were laid out for them all spring long. Sure the feed back will be LM is a weak team but we did what we had to do which by me is ok because they did it .Maybe the loss by LH is a better showing but do you think anyone will say that facing AMAT the week before even though that beat us straight out had anything to do with their subpar showing tonight . HELL NO . But then again maybe it did . But I’m just saying.

• excoach

I now see why Jimmy Frazier did not play basketball beyond his freshman year. 242 yards pretty impressive!

• sgv fan

Covina, number1??? Huh?? They have played pansies the party two weeks, more like having back to back bye weeks. Be real.

• Pomona

Pomona lost to Bloomington 22 to 25

We got Chino Hills next week, may go into league 2-2.

• X’s and O’s

It didn’t take long for the Wilson bloggers to start throwing the coach under the bus. Actually what he said is right on. Coaches usually try and undersell a rivalry game to their players because their already pumped up for it, but they need to make sure that they stay composed and don’t buy into the hype.

• Dan

excoach,
    Even more impressive about Jimmy Fraizer is he got those 242 yards on a small number of carries, I don’t think he had more than 7 or 8 carries for the night. To bad he is still tender from his injury, I hope it doesn’t nag him all season. As great as Jimmy’s game was, there was too many mistakes by the Bulldogs, Being up 35 to 14 with ten minutes left in the game, the game never should have gotten that close, for all the speed we have in the defensive backfield we are giving up to many big plays this season, Canada was killing us all night with that underneath pass he was catching in the flats. The good thing is our boys didn’t quit, neither did South Hills.

• Julia Childs

Especially for Monrovia and Pomona. Bon Appetit!

Crock Pot Crow
    Ingredients
    12 – 16 pieces of crow breast meat (no bones) (6 – 8 crows)
    2 cups barbecue sauce
    1 cup water
    1/3 cup of brown sugar
    1/3 cup of chopped onions
    1/3 cup of chopped green peppers
    salt and black pepper to taste
    Preparation
    Shred crow breasts into as small pieces as possible. Add to crock pot with all other ingredients. Cook in crock pot for 6 hours on low. Serve over rolls or bread. Makes 4 servings.

• SEMHS FAN 3481

HEY FRED,

What’s up with calling the SEMHS Eagles, “Lions” two weeks in a row?

About The Game:

Solid Game from the Eagles, quiet mostly in the first half, even though we were up 14-0 at half.

Workman’s offense was almost non-existent, the only scoring drive resulted in a big running play for a TD. Essentially every other drive for Workman ended up as 1. Punts 2. Interception (once) or 3. Turnover on Downs. They kept trying to run up the middle but SEMHS held them down.

As for SEMHS, they really came out to play in the 2nd half, scoring 2x in the 3rd Quarter, and 1x in the 4th, well it would have been 2x, because they ran out the clock in the red zone to end the game. Offensively they are clicking, gaining confidence with the new coach, and hopefully it will lead to a playoff berth AT LEAST, I think that would make for a great turnaround from the previous “HEAD COACH”.

• Aaron

Pops said we spotted them 14 pts…with Davis still out it hurts a little. Said Sunshine looked solid but the defense doesn’t seem to be where it needs to be and the o-line is still banged up.

Walnut is a shadow of itself as well as La Mirada.

Los Altos…really 3-0, and Wilson 0-3…

• http://www.twitter.com/SGVtylerd tDro

http://youtu.be/TFgMAodb_0A

Highlights/ interviews from Covina’s 52-10 win over El Monte.. Great quotes from both coaches. And some great highlights, including a great shot of Billy Livingston’s 45-yard TD bomb to Justin Mason just before the half!! Also, check out the game story in the newspaper to find out how Covina looked last night and for the all-important stats!! Thanks!

– Tyler Drohan

• tommykiss

Got a very late starts last night, I had to take the cameramen to Boca Del Rio after the game….

http://www.youtube.com/user/tommykiss?feature=mhee

Here are the Highlights and Interviews of the West Covina win over South Hills

• No game

Aaron

Your pops think Bonita spotted 14, but the real fact is your team got beat twice now on weak teams…..Get a grip homer..

• Warrior1

You have an incorrect headline. Northview did not defeat La Puente. Warriors are now 2-0. Next week have Wilson and then we’ll be ready to dominate Montview league play. Great job Warriors!

• co bully

no excuses: yes we got the not kicked out of us, very disciplined team and some of the best coaching. Hats off to Tesoro but throwing the ball 2 times the first half won’t get it done.

• Truth hurts

I said it several times but homer Aaron just could come to terms with it.
    Bonita is just not vet good and the incredible Podely and staff just can’t “coach em up”.
    As I said Bonita is only really good every 5-10 years and that was last year. So for this year there just another Bonita team. you win some you lose some.

• The Chef

@Aaron

Pops is obvious as senile as you are full of yourself. i was at the game and BOHI did you give it up, LS took it. The only gifts given were by your homer refs. Next game try using someone other than the principal and cheer sponsor as line judge and umpire. Your boys were so disrespectful that they walked out out while the band played the school song. A totally classless display of football all around. I think that put a nail in the coffin of BOHI hopes for a football dynasty for the foreseeable future. I hope it puts an end to your constant inane hype as well.

• just thinkin’

Hey “Chef” – I thought this blog is a place to share positive information and celebrate others success

• Aaron

21-20…not 41-20…Chef…don’t know who you are, don’t really care…your take was weak because all you did was said mine was weak.

I wasn’t there…I’m 2,500 miles away.

I’m also not expecting a football dynasty…at no point did I say they could make it back to the finals this year, I said they could be good. I’ve also said La Serna was no slouch.

• great for the sgv

Wow, knocking Pomona for losing to a very good Bloomington team?

Interesting points on the Servite/La Habra/La Mirada/bishop games and their respective scores. So going off what you have posted could this mean that bishop should have played Servite better? Maybe intimidation played a role in their game resulting in the dominationby Servite???

• Return of the Phantoms – Tibbs, Nelson, Faaola

for everyone who was at the wilson LA game last night, you got to see why several years ago the HH Phantom Rugby team went to the state championships – Nelson, Tibbs, and Faaola were the leaders of that team, and oh yeah, B Schreiman was the scrum back (QB)

• Just sayin’

great for teh sgv – or La Habra should have played La Mirada better?

• CONFUZZLED

La Mirada plays La Habra tough

La Habra plays Servite tough

Servite dominates BA

BA dominates La Mirada

I CAN’T STAND IT ANYMORE…SOMEONE EXPLAIN!!!

• Crow

Where are all those big mouthed MONROVIA fans??? They have got to be hungry for me.

• Steve Ramirez

Confuzzled: It’s pretty simple to explain. Servite was pumped to take it to Amat, and the Lancers probably weren’t ready to play at that level. But it’s hard to keep that emotion up from week to week, so for Servite last night’s La Habra game had all the makings of your classic trap game. La Habra’s ‘trap game’ was last week against La Mirada with the game against Servite looming. The toughest games are usually the week before an emotional game – rivalry or top-ranked opponent – and the week after.

• CO Bro

The was some rumors going around last knight that a coach from CO got smacked in the mouth by a referee during the game, can anyone confirm or dispute this?

• puzzled

Anthony, Anthony, Anthony, go ahead blame the kids. You didn’t play ba**s out like last week. You were too conservative with the pass all game,and at the end after 2 def. penalties on a 4th n punt situation and a droppedT.D. you wanna pass at will when you never have yourself the change to establish three pass all night. Come on balls out vs. Chino. And let’s throw to 11 not 6 pleeeeaaaassse.

• NoSugarCoat

I pray Coach Rice has a wake up call after last nights performance from QB#7. Hate to say it but the kid is terrible the worst QB to ever suit in a Pomona High School football uniform. All he does when he steps back to pass is look at WR#6 he needs to stop doing that or the teams in their league will eat that up. If they expect to ride the legs of RB#2 oh they have another thing coming the kid is not a everydown back he’s wearing himself down game by game.

• Pete N. Repeat

Quote of the night: “We just got overwhelmed,” said La Mirada coach Mike Moschetti, whose team opened with losses to St. Paul (24-7) on Sept. 2 and La Habra (28-19) last week. “Those two teams (St. Paul and La Habra) aren’t Bishop Amat. It’s not even close.”

• Middy

Were is Wilson?????? They hired the WRONG GUY. Burt should have stayed retired. No D-1 Kids what is he going to do. Guess they might be able to beat Nogales but that is not a gimme.

Hey Burt……good thing you can always leave cause you have nothing to loose. FYI Riverside Notre Dame was garbage with you .

• WHSFOOTBALL

MS is quiet whats wrong?

• dearest middie whoever

didnt realize you knew more than what the opposing coaches on the field were saying this year, please give us your blog or twitter site so we can have further enlightenment of your expert diagnosis

• NINEteen95

.
    .
    CONGRATULATIONS to the bishop amat lancers for beating who they are SUPPOSE TO BEAT…
    LET THE La Puente CELEBRATION begin…Oh Wait! LA PUENTE Won…!

This is San Gabriel Valley Football

CUPCAKES EXCLUDED, of course –

Northview 34 vs. LA PUENTE 43 –
    Check itauuu Amat! And LaPuente didn’t have to go to Cerritos to Win!

Tesoro 27, Chino Hills 3 — FREDJ said “We keep telling you, facing these Pac-5 teams is no joke.”

YES, we believe you FREDJ! We saw it in full display last week when Amat got HUMILIATED and DEVISTATED like an Asian ***** (out of respect to Aram, never mindsss!) to them Darth VADAR and the SERVITE Black FRIARS!

All of US, except AMAT 73 (errr VEGAS 73) who chose to go to Terribles in LAS VEGAS of course…LMAO!
    .
    .
    South Hills 33 at West Covina 35 Final – WesCo is back, biatches!

Azusa 28 at Maranatha 40 End of 3rd Quarter – Tuff Loss.

Charter Oak 54 vs. Esperanza at Yorba Linda 28 Final – Looks like the Charter Oak we all expected!

Claremont 38 at Walnut 13 End of 3rd Quarter – Its Walnut…

Colony 17 vs. Glendora at Citrus 24 Final – Down year

Covina 52 at El Monte 10 Final – Colt74 are you home yet?

Gladstone 51 at Bosco Tech 27 – Wow!

La Serna 21 at Bonita 20 Final – Really Bonita? La Serna. C’mon on Man!

Los Altos 20 at Wilson 0 End of 3rd Quarter – LA is back biatch! Just kidding Mumu!

Rancho Cucamonga 35 at Muir 6 Final – So much for the D1 Talent everbody has been hyping about…

LA HABRA 16 vs. Servite at Cerritos 24 Final –
    .
    .
    HEY Bishop Amat Lancers…CHECK ITAUUU THIS SCORE…!

NOW THAT IS A SCORE TO BE PROUD OF! I bet you nobody gets closeer to this SCORE for the rest of the year!

Bishop Amat Lancers, What was your score last Friday?
    42 to 7 in the 3rd Qtr.?
    .
    .
    WOW…! Bishop Amat you need to be extra embarrassed this week…

La Habra hung 16 on the SERVITE BLACK FRIARS…!
    .
    .
    Can you say…”VEGAS baby…?”

C’mon Amat 73…Yell it out…Loud and Proud!

.

• NINEteen95

.
    .
    Old Marge Simpson 73

YOU have no “Street Cred” here…Old Gas Bag!

And I quote…”you know where I stand which is with AMAT”

Yeah, we know where you stand…in VEGAS at the Circus Circus casino while your bishop amat lancers were getting the A$$ handed to them on their biggest game of the year…!

That’s right. You show up for the CUPCAKE games but you run away to SIN CITY when your team gets HUMILIATED and DEGRADED by a FAR FAR SUPERIOR team…

Yeah, Old Mrs Roper 73, we know where you stand!
    .
    .

• oldschool

who cares 1995,we get it you hate amat.

• http://mookfckz.tumblr.com sem..

second week in a row that you guys referred the South El Monte Eagles as the lions..
    why?
    just doesn’t make sense..

• Colt74

When you repeatedly come to a blog and spend more than 2 hours a day posting the same things over and over you have already lost in your battle.
    1.All you are doing is helping the Tribs blog hit count and…
    2. Showing Amat and the world how much they have gotten under your skin.

In either case the Tribune and Amat wins…….

The BEST way to piss off a troll is to just ignore him…

• Response to CO Bro

My husband and I, along with everyone else in the stands, saw Big Lou get popped in the face by the ref. Boy did that get our side riled up. We were hoping they were just playing around or something, because nothing was done about it, or at least not that I’ve heard yet.

• Mid-This

Hey Middy,

Maybe it’s just that Wilson sucks. Don’t blame the coach because you have no talent, no skill, no line and that you guys just plain suck. Lane Kiffin could be your coach and you guys would still suck. Blame the players not the coach. You should be thankful that any coach would put their rep on the line to coach you losers.

• Colt74

The new Wilson Fight Song?

The wheels on the bus go over the coach,
    over the coach,
    over the coach.
    all through the blogs.

• The Chef

@Aaron

My point was not that your point was weak, it was that your position was badly WRONG no matter who reported it to you. And yes I was aware that you were 2,500 miles away and so therefore was correcting your assessment. Your position was an back handed apologetic maligning indication that had BOHI not “Spotted” LS 14 points and been “banged up” they would have won. The truth of the matter is LS drove the ball up and down the field on BOHI and EVERY call and non-call by the officials went to the Bearcats (can you say “horse-collar” and “pass interference”). It also says a great deal about a losing teams coaching and class when they get an unsportsmanlike conduct when the winning team is trying to take a knee to win… just as it does when they meander off during their opponents and their own school song…

Yes nobody know anybody in the blog, however you have left a consistent trail in the blog and I believe that, should you go back to your considerable (overblown) body of work, you will see multiple hyped references to the BOHI Dynasty.

For the record, at no place did your post indicate that LS is no slouch or ANYTHING about them. If you want to make the point that your opponent was no slouch, then you might want to at least mention them.

• The Chef

@just thinkin’:

Point Succinctly and exceptionally well made. My post was far from a positive celebration and should NOT have maligned the players for their lack of respect. At the High School level, that is an issue caused by the Coaches, Parents and Administration. Every man must acknowledge when and where they are wrong and hold himself to the standard that he asks of others. I was wrong. Thank you for pointing it out in the manner that you did.

• Swag Beast

Chino Hills Huskies need help on offense and defense! The play calling and execution on offense this Friday against Tesoro was terrible. The huskies had no passing game at all with balls thrown everywhere but to the receivers. The running game worked for a few plays until Tesoro shut it down. The defense is worse off than the offense, which is probably the reason coach Bub switched over to calling offense this year from defense. The secret to beating this team is stay home on the qb and shade him to the right because that is where he throws most of the time. Be physical with #3 and the the running backs who are all underclassmen. Oh, and rattle the head coach a little and watch him come unglued and start berating the refs, coaches, and players.

• Aaron

La Serna is 3-0 now…Bonita is 1-2…second Bonita team that La Serna beat this year.

• The Chef

@Aaron

You have an amazing grasp of the obvious… and the Jury says… Homer as Charged…

• The Chef

@Aaron

…P.S. Nice to meet you…

• Thor

Response to CO bro,First of all it was Dom Farrar and the white hat and not Big Lou. After one OF MANY pathetic flags the white hat came over to explain when Dom said “were both gumba’s show us some love.” The white hat then cupped Dom’s face with both hands and told him he needs to earn respect and then gave him to little taps on the cheek and they laughed together. You might want to ease up on those hot totties before entering the stadium, it was nothing.

• mike lawry

Fyi 7 doesn’t suck. Yes it was a bad read and pass, but in reality it should have never got to that point . 2 encroachments on4th down and an open touch down pass that was let go right by were the difference in the game. Nous to mention the lack of passing in the whole game. Somehow the game plan changed from last week. All that run and no pass game plan proved to be the difference as well. You don’t trust your Q.B. and pass game all night andwhen your run game falls short you run to the air game that hadn’t been established all night. Now throwing to 6 must be changed. 4 dropped passes and the winning T.D. untuched was a huge issue. So go ahead #7 haters, keep hating. Besides the D didn’t play with half the intensity of last week.

• jcaz

Fred hasn’t put out a Sunday tribbin in a while, so I guess I’ll just have to go with this one.

Hey, it is football season, and you old timers know what that means right ?

What men discover after marriage.

1. A Married man has only a few items in his bathroom: A toothbrush and toothpaste, soap, shaving cream, and a razor.

The average number of items in the typical married woman’s bathroom is 337. A man would not be able to identify more than 20 of these.

2. A married woman always has the last word in any argument.

Anything a married man says after that, is the
    beginning of a new argument.

3. A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.

A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.

4. A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.

A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

5. A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn’t.

A man marries a woman expecting that she won’t change, but unfortunately, she does.

6. A married man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.

A married woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn’t really need, but she gets it because it’s on sale.

You’re An EXTREME Redneck when…..

1. You let your 14-year-old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.

2. You’ve been married three times and still have the same in-laws.

3. You wonder how service stations keep their rest-rooms so clean.

4. Someone in your family died right after saying, “Hey, guys, watch this.”

5. The Halloween pumpkin on your porch has more teeth than you do.

6. You have to go outside to use the “facilities.”

7. You can’t get married to your sweetheart because there’s a law against it.

8. You think the last words of the “Star-Spangled Banner” are “Gentlemen, start your engines.

• SGV Fan

Wait a minute, I’m starting to think that this NINEteen95 guy has some sort of unhealthy fixation with The Bishop Amat Lancers????

• colt74 there isnt going to be any under the bus singing

hey colt74, there isnt going to be a “lynching” mode about C Burt, so everyone can stop wishing and waiting for it to happen.

everyone needs to remember why last year everyone was so upset with the coaches. last year we had 4 fairly good receivers, a passing qb and vega to run the ball. last year was a much better team overall but was not used to the fullest when the best players stood around looking at the light poles or standing by the OC on the sidelines.

Now we only have 1 of the 4 receivers, Czarnick with Nelson moving to RB, which has turned out to be a really good decision. The departure of #7 at qb has really really hurt us this year with the offense we are running.

So there r not going to be any under the bus singing no matter how much everyone wants to see it happen on the blogs. And by the way, there are still 7 games to go.

• Lancer Pride

Is Glenn “Contenders or Pretenders” They havent played anybody yet. We will see what Cypress does to them this week.!

• Alemany Loses!

J.W. North is led by former Bishop Amat great, Coach Mark Paredes, whom many consider to be the best coach Amat has ever had.

PREP FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Alemany blows 14-point lead, loses to J.W. North
    Daily News
    Posted: 09/16/2011 10:53:15 PM PDT
    Updated: 09/17/2011 12:47:59 AM PDT

Defensive back Mychal Dominguez intercepted a pass at the 1-yard line on the game’s final play as host J.W. North rallied to beat Alemany 36-35 Friday night in a nonleague game at Riverside City College.

Alemany (2-1) had its 15-game regular-season winning streak snapped, which dated to 2009.

North (2-0) scored 15 consecutive points in the fourth quarter to overcome a 35-21 deficit against Alemany (2-1) on two touchdown runs by Denzel Foster.

Denzel Foster scored on a 1-yard run, his third touchdown, with 53 seconds left and quarterback Justin Gheorge added a 2-point conversion run to put the Huskies ahead 36-35. The score was set up by an Alemany fumble at the North 23-yard line.

After North’s go-ahead touchdown, Alemany took over possession at its own 45 with 45 seconds remaining and drove to the 39-yard line. With eight seconds left, Dominguez intercepted a pass from Alemany’s Devon Dunn intended for Devin Ross on the right sideline.

Dunn completed 9 of 16 passes for 236 yards and Cameron Washington rushed for three touchdowns for Alemany.

Steven Mitchell scored two touchdowns — on an 83-yard run in the second quarter that gave Alemany its first lead 21-14, and a 83-yard reception in the third quarter that put the Warriors ahead 35-21 with four minutes left in the third quarter.

- Kirby Lee

• Just sayin’

Alemany had a 15 game regular season winning streak broke. The last team to beat Alemany in the regular season? Bishop Amat. Look it up!

• BLONDIE

JCAZ?

JCAZ?

I DON’T THINK YOUR POST IS APPROPRIATE.

You Racist Chauvinist Pig!

Not funny at all!!!

• hahaha

thats funny jcaz,good one.

• jcaz

Blondie….ya right

• Larry

jcaz,

I don’t care who ya are, that’s funny right there…

Lord, I apologize, and be with the starvin’ Pygmies down there in New Guinea. Amen.

• WHSFOOTBALL

Watch out Coach Rice here he comes.

Karma is a BEEach. When you say your tight end is fighting for the Qb position and he’s ahead of the kid throwing all summer. Now that you have no trust in him his DAD will be all over the blogs using hundreds of name bashing you POMONA’s Coach Rice. He was lucky to be SECOND string at Wilson and he’s lucky there are no other QB’s at Pomona thats why he starts.
    Sounds like Dad will move him out of State so he can be a 5 year high school football player. Have fun Coach Rice

• WHS why????

whsfootball u know as well as i do as a wildcat that the tightend at pomona took not a single snap at any 7 on 7 for pomona during the summer, does it bother u that MS is rarely on the blogs these days? people you r not going to get all of the “entertainment” on these blogs that u want about wilson coaching or about ms, so dont even bother

• Pomona

Laugh it up now. Come week one of league we will embarrass covina and be the ones laughing. The only reason we lost to bloomington was because the receivers could not catch what was perfectly thrown to them. Mid valley sports has us at number 10 but in two weeks we will be at the top where we belong.

• CatParent

WHSFOOTBALL

Wow, the kid has been gone for like 10 months, and you’re still bitter? You must be #2′s dad, because I can’t think of anyone else who would be looking to deflect attention away from their kids lack of talent on this Wilson team.

• WHSFOOTBALL

LOL there he goes again using different names LOL

• Dan

jcaz,
    Hilarious! Especially the “What men discover
    after marriage” list, accurate to the tee!

• PTown

Let’s go Brando, prove these idiots wrong

• seriously?

This is for The Chef:

I am a BoHi mom. I was standing at the fence talking to my son (who is on the team) and i saw at least 20 other players there by the fence doing the same as OUR BAND was exiting the stands. You have no clue what you are talking about and shouldn’t make statements about the WHOLE team. Second, our boys were complaining about food, bottles and trash being thrown at them by LS PARENTS as they were going back to the locker room! Talk about inappropriate! Remember when you point fingers at people, you have three pointing back at you!

• Colt74

A good friday for all of the teams I support :

Covina did what ever they wanted
    West Covina did enough
    Amat did what it had to do
    San Dimas did it in their sleep

Saturday
    USC did it in the Coliseum to Syracuse
    Florida State did it in their pants

Almost a perfect week-end….

• Yorba Linda Rising

Chef,

I was at the fence on the Bonita side after the game. Must have been 35 players milling around as the band finished. They were their normal post game selves. WTF?? Never saw a crude or rude kid. Aaron, this guy is an idiot.

• CatParent

WHSFOOTBALL

Wrong again Douchebag.

not M.S.

• Dan

I agree with you on Covina being #1 Fred, Monrovia doesn’t appear to be the juggernaut that people were saying they were, but they are still very talented and will only get better as the season gets older and they start to gel as a team. Barring injuries, I predict Monrovia, along with a rising San Dimas, and a threatening Pomona, will all be there in the end to challenge Covina for the Mid-Valley crown. You also can’t forget the Olympic teams too. This division just got real interesting. As for now I give the edge to Covina, I don’t think there is a more physical defense in the Mid Valley with Nick Hynes and Johnny Padilla and Ainsworth putting on the big hits, and their offense, with Livingston and company is near the top in that division.

• plz

M.S. give it a rest dude… everyone knows is you posting all the nonsense… get a life loser!!!

• the real MS

I am so sorry everyone, i just cant help it. seems i must always be on the blog. nothing seems to go right. Even my russian mail order bride turned out to be a crossdressing Tibetian monk, life is so boring. I went to a bloggers addiction counselling service but i was so depressed when i found out whsfootball, football jones, colt74, and 12th man were already there in the session, oh yuk.

• SGV for 30 Years

Wow, this football season is really starting to take shape. The cream is rising to the top. Amat, West Covina, Charter Oak, Covina and maybe South Hills are once again the top teams in the SGV. The trash talkers are out in full force. It’s funny how people still come on here and talk about stuff they no nothing about. I’ve been kind of busy as of late so I haven’t posted much. I will say this though Fred and Aram are giving LA an awful lot of love. But here is the way I’m seeing it. You guys are still living off LA’s past glory. They are going to end up like DB did last year. They will look great against the Wilsons of the world, but they will get rolled here in about 2 weeks when the start Hacienda League play. DB I think you guys are looking like the team that will get that 4th play-off spot from the Hacienda. You should beat LA, Walnut, and Rowland. But you will get rolled by WC, Bohi, and Dranch.
    Conq73 and Walnut Insider, We haven’t heard from you guys. We always like your insider information.

SGV430 Ouuuttt!!!!

• The Chef

@Yorba Linda Rising & BOHI Mom.

Your team roster says you have around 70 players yet you are both saying you had only 20 or so milling around and listening to the fight song while the others wondered off. Contrast that with the La Serna team all standing together saluting the fans and parents during their song and standing quietly and respectfully while BOHI’s song was being played. Thank you for making my point. With apologetic expectations like that now I know where the kids get their manners from. As for trash and bottles after the game, how did the players know it was the LS parents in the dark. Perhaps it was the BOHI fans expressing their sentiments for 2 losses in a row. I call BS. BOHI Mom, thanks for reminding me of the trite adage that I last heard when I was in the 2nd grade. Is this what serves as words of wisdom in La Verne? Classic just classic…

• Colt74

This would be my Mid-Valley Top 6

1. Arroyo (3-0)
    2. Monrovia (1-1)
    3. Covina (2-1)
    4. San Dimas (2-1)
    5. Maranatha (3-0)
    6. Alhambra (3-0)

Oh and gutless poster….the “bloggers addiction counselling (sic) service” was moved 4 rooms down. If you would have bothered to read the sign you would have seen it is now a Thai Full Body Massage.
    Dumas.
    Your serve….

• Yorba Linda Rising

Chef,?

You write like a Prof in Claremont. Maybe you are on staff with the Poets in Whittier. While you think like an elegant professorial type, you lie. The kids were cool on both teams. I was down on the track. Get a life….

• Lancer Pride

Surprised Glenn will even show up they barely got by Pioneer they won’t be able to stop Cypress or anyone their entire Offense is a joke! Especially their QB!and their soft O-Line wait till you play Norwalk chumps you won’t ever beat us or cypress or anyone else!

• SGV 4 40 aka Conq’76

It is great to see LA competing with their peers in the SGV. I am not yet ready to declare them world beaters however, it was satisfying to see about 100 students at LAHS against Bellflower enter the stands in mass, dressed in Blue and Red cheering, and supporting their team.

At the very least, I predict opposing coaching staffs are going to have to pay more than lip-service to their game plan against LA this year!

• The Chef

@ Yorba Linda Rising,

You yourself presented the fact that the players did not stay unified for the song, so how could I be lying. While the “kids” may have been “cool” on both team my statement was a reflection on the Coaching Parents and Administration not the kids. To be on the track on the Bonita side, perhaps you are on Coaching or Administration staff at Bonita or at least associate with the program and therefore do not want to acknowledge the truth in what I have pointed out. Take a hard look Rising, The only one lying here seems to be you lying to yourself.

• LaNcer Backer

All I Know is that Glenn will never beat Cypress they have no chance. They will never be able to hang with US or any other team in the Suburban league. Your Fat stumoy linemen cant even get off the ball and block and who ever wears #1 isnt worhty of it. A bunch of lil chumps you guys are! cant wait your offense will get crushed this week!

• Dub Wing Runner

All i know is watching the Eagles get their wings clipped will be amazing! Damn you thought Cypress beat us bad, wait till they crush you guys. They are going to pound u guys into the ground!