Saturday Morning Quarterback: Covina rolls over San Dimas, 39-21; Bishop Amat gets must-win at Crespi 28-14; Damien in shootout over South Hills

For quarter updates of tonight’s games, click scoreboard link.

Moments during which the Covina High School football team has been clicking on all cylinders have been few and far between this season, but when they happen, it’s obvious that few teams in the Mid-Valley Division will be able to hang with the Colts. Friday night was the Colts’ best game of the season, and when the dust settled they’d put a 39-21 whipping on San Dimas in a victory that puts Covina in prime position to win a second consecutive Valle Vista League title. (To continue click thread)

Friday’s results and game stories
Covina 39, San Dimas 21 — With Mid-Valley No. 1 Maranatha going down to Whittier Christian, there should be no doubt who No. 1 is. Pound for pound, nobody’s better.
Bishop Amat 28, Crespi 14 — What a difference a Shay makes. The Lancers needed a boost and Zach Shay gave it to them, returning for the first time sine the concussion against Servite, eight catches for 83 yards and a touchdown run. Rio Ruiz, Jalen Moore, Adam Sanchez all had great nights too, but with Shay back, it looked like early 2010 again.
Damien 47, South Hills 38 — Was getting texts back and forth– Spartans up big early, Huskies rally back, Spartans close with a Jalen Castille touchdown. Look, I’m not the only one who thought South Hills would win this week. Give the Spartans credit, it’s not just a good start for them, they’re in it to win it.
Diamond Bar 26, Walnut 22 — This throws another wrinkle into the Hacienda title and playoff chase, and more importantly for the Brahmas, a must-needed feel good win.
Charter Oak 62, Ayala 34 — What’s that, 63 last week, 62 this week — it’s the best show in town. I don’t know if they can do any damage in the Inland, but when they get it rolling, they get it rolling.
Diamond Ranch 20, Rowland 0– Never count out the Panthers, it was just one Hacienda League loss last week to Los Altos. That’s what good teams do, follow tough losses with wins.
Bonita 35, Los Altos 28 — Great win for the ‘Cats, and a painful one for Los Altos, who let the lead and win slip out of their hands.
El Monte 50, Mountain View 14 — That’s right, the Lions are serious MVL contenders and get Arroyo in week 10. A lot has to happen between now and then, but I like the chances of both running the table until they meet.
La Puente 36, Sierra Vista 16 — I speak for everyone when I say we all expect the Warriors to be 9-0 when they face Azusa in week 10. Then your guess is as good as mine.
Rosemead 24, Gabrielino 6 — No way the Panthers lose after losing to El Monte last week, and having to face rival Arroyo next week.
Duarte 31, Workman 28, OT — After getting routed by Azusa, the Falcons needed a picker-upper, and nothing like an overtime feel-gooder to forget about last week.
Chino Hills 35, Claremont 14– As great as Charter Oak has looked, the championship still goes through Chino Hills. This is why you play tough preseason schedules. Don’t look at the overall record, 2-0 in the Sierra is what counts.
Gladstone 24, Bassett 6 — It’s been a tough year for both teams, especially Bassett, who hung tough after a few lopsided losses.
Azusa 56, Ganesha 0 — What can you say really, except good for the Aztecs, their 23 straight Montview League win.
Pomona 42 Nogales 15 – Red Devils dropping 40 like it’s nothing for three straight weeks. Better take them seriously.

The Inland Insider Tom Kiss’ highlights and interviews from San Dimas’ win over Covina..

Highlights and interviews from Damien’s big win over South Hills from TDro

WATCH TRIBUNE POSTGAME REWIND WITH RECAPS OF FRIDAY’S BIG GAMES.

“This is a great win; it defines our team a little bit,” Covina quarterback Billy Livingston said.

One of the reasons nobody had yet to see all that Covina is capable of this season was a shoulder injury to Livingston on Sept. 23 against Walnut. After missing two games, it’s obvious Livingston is back to full strength. The senior lit up the Saints for 278 yards and two touchdowns as Covina improved to 7-1 overall and 4-0 in league.

San Dimas, which led 7-0 early before Covina hit back with 27 consecutive points, fell to 5-2, 2-1. The Saints had won five consecutive since a season-opening loss to rival Bonita. Now, they’ll likely be fighting for the second of the league’s two guaranteed playoff spots.

“We’ll get better,” San Dimas coach Bill Zernickow said. “They’re better up front than we are, so they were throwing us around pretty good.”

San Dimas rode good field position to that early lead. After being stopped on downs at the Covina 2-yard line
on their first drive, the Saints got the ball back in good position and finally cashed in when Jake Payton scored on a 5-yard run.

Covina answered on its next drive with a 7-yard touchdown run by Gevontray Ainsworth. The Colts missed the extra point, so they had to wait – but only a few minutes – before taking the lead when Vinny Venegas scored on a 4-yard touchdown to make it 13-7.

San Dimas started to have trouble keeping up, and Covina made the Saints pay on its next possession, when Livingston connected with Andrew Carrillo on a 14-yard touchdown pass.

San Dimas did well to keep the score to 20-7 at halftime, but the Saints soon found themselves in trouble again early in the third quarter. Following a fumble, Covina used good field position to take a 27-7 lead on Livingston’s 11-yard touchdown strike to Venegas.

“That’s just how our offense is,” Livingston said. “When we get like that, we just start moving. They’re a great defense.”

San Dimas briefly got back in it after a long pass from quarterback Shawn Kennedy to Cody McNeal set up a 2-yard touchdown run by Kennedy to cut the deficit to 27-14 early in the fourth quarter.

Covina, though, wasted little time thwarting the comeback attempt, driving 77 yards in six plays and going up 33-14 on Ainsworth’s 1-yard touchdown run. Ainsworth scored another touchdown just minutes later on a 2-yard run. The junior tailback had a huge night, rushing for 162 yards on 20 carries.

“It’s nice to see, but it’s also nice to see our offensive line protecting Billy and opening holes for Gevontray,” Thomas said. “We just want to get better each week.”

• Does Anyone Else Notice This

there are always injuries and playing with pain in football, but it sure seems to me that there are way too many valley leaders getting injuries this year:

Solomon, Jalen Moore, Shay, Ellis Mccarthy, George Frazier, Livingston, Dillion Corona come to mind in the first half of the season, and in the second half we hear of A Fisher with a collarbone and Nelson hardly able to walk on the grass, and there is still a lot of football left to play

just noticing

• new school….

I have noticed the same thing…This may sound crazy, but It may be the equipment. Back in the 80′s and 90′s, the shoulder pads were bulky. The thigh pads and knee pads and tail bone and hip pads were big. The helmets were heavier, and we wore all our pads. People wore arm pads, Skeleton’s, taped their ankles and wrist and Fingers lol. I have notice kids today want to streamline everything, to be faster. Sometimes you have to substitute, light and fast for strong and sturdy because, no matter how fast you are or big and strong you are, you need protection. The shoulder pads are tiny, the knee and they pad are tiny or cut, and helmets seem to be plastic…Also back in day the quarter top Cleaks were popular with Running backs and Lb’s and DL. Now everyone is wearing speed td’s..maybe that could be the reason…

• fb102

FYI Due to Crespis Senior night, the start of the game MAY be pushed back to 7:30p.

Hags is trying to keep the start at 7:00p. Hags thinks Crespi will say the start is at 7:00p have the team warm up based on that time, THEN push the start back to 7:30p.

Amats astute AD Inspector Manzo is supposedly working on getting this ironed out.

Knowing Manzo, Amat gonna get screwed

• Colt74

Welcome, adventure seekers. Covina vs San Dimas is a thrilling, high speed, turbulent roller-coaster type ride in the dark that includes sharp turns,and sudden drops & stops. Before you embark on your adventure, please place all hats, glasses, and loose possessions inside the storage pouches located directly in front of you. To prepare for launch, pull the lap bar toward you. You are now ready for your intergalactic adventure, thank you and have a great flight…

Pizza Chalet before game warm-up
    4PM-6PMish
    ALL INVITED!!!!!!

461 South Citrus Avenue
    Covina, CA 91723-2928

In the shopping center next to Covina District Field

• SGV FOOTBALL

I am going to have to disagree, Rugby has less injuries compared to American Football and they dont even wear pads!

American Football has slowely become who can lay the hardest ugliest hit. No form, just helmet to helmet.

Dont forget to watch New Zealand and France in the RWC (Rugby World Cup) this Saturday is the championship game.

At least watch NZ do the Haka.

All Blacks baby!!!!

• Lance R

I don’t care if we play at 2 in the morning just bring the “W” back to the S.G.V.

• Lance R

• AMAT 73

The time will be known way before warm ups. Either way 7:00 – 7:30 I’m with Lance R just bring home the W tonight . Big game for the Men in Blue tonight !!

• Aaron

There was a rugby match out in VA a couple years back and one of the dudes died from a hit. It’s a very physical sport, and the athletes on the All Blacks and other world power teams could play line backer, runningback, and receiver easy if you give them a play book.

GO BEARCATS

• http://www.twitter.com/SGVtylerd tDro

Any thoughts on tonight’s Sierra League shootout between South Hills and Damien?

Should be a great game, see you there!

• thoughts on Damien SouthHills Shootout

I think that South Hills will have a slight edge. Both have good offenses, South Hills has a Huge line. Don’t know if Damien can get through the line, South hills also has tall receivers and a hell of a running game. Damiens
    D-backfield will more than likely not be able to stop the pass. I see Damiens defensive line tiring and wearing down.

Damien will score, but wont be able to stop SH!

South Hills 28 Damien 14

• SaintsR4real

Aram, were you trying to put in a wining prediction for Covina or Chokvina?? jk….

WHO DAT? WHO DAT? WHO DAT? WHO DAT?
    4 QUARTERS OF SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL SD BOYS!!

LETS GO 12TH MAN (FANS/PARENTS), WE NEED TO HEAR YOUR SUPPORT ALL NIGHT LONG! EVERYBODY SHOULD BE WALKING OUT AFTER GAME WITH A LOST VOICE FROM CHEERING!!

• AMAT !!!

Game time dont matter! Its what happens when the game is played thats matters!

I think if there isnt anything bad to say about Amat, people just feel the need to make drama.

LETS GO AMAT!!!! BRING HOME THE WIN!!!!

• Nicky The Nose

Colt74, I would love to meet you for a slice and a brew! Love your commitment to the blog and to the Colts! IF I can get out of work soon enough to stop by on my way to Damien to catch my nephew play for South Hills, I will holler atcha.

• PantherPride

For all you doubters, don’t count out DRanch just yet. The hardest part of our schedule is behind us. Los Al is for real and we just didn’t take them seriously. We still carry the inside track to 3rd in league, and on any given Friday things can change. Losing Fischer won’t hurt so bad, one kid doesn’t make a team (although we’ll really miss the field position he gave us on kick returns). Gibson and Miller are the workhorses who will carry us into the playoffs. Sooner or later we’ll have to call on Isaiah’s arm and most of you will see what a good QB he really is. The younger talent will finally shine too, that Bryan kid can fill in nicely for Fischer if given the chance. Don’t even get me started on the Defense. We’ll take care of business leading up to our showdown with West Co and show you how we do it @THE RANCH! WE ARE, D R!!

• time will tell

Damien will handle South Hills tonight at Damien. The db’s from Damien maybe short but they are physical & will hit the taller receivers from South Hills. Castille will pound the rock, & The speedy skill players from Damien will get in space again. Damien will be loud tonight, & South Hills will turn the ball over to help Damien’s cause. The defensive line from Damien will cause trouble for the S.H. offense.

My prediction: Damien 31-20 over South Hills.

• Colt74

Nicky The Nose,
    “I will holler atcha”….
    Please, not tonight…lol..I get enough of that on this blog! Tonight is just for fun and good times!

Good luck tonight with South Hills. I’m picking them over Damien.

• Colt74

2010 Covina 27 – San dimas 23
    2009 Covina 0 – San Dimas 35
    2008 Covina 27 – San Dimas 35
    2007 Covina 21 – San Dimas 35
    2006 Covina 40 – San Dimas 12
    2005 Covina 55 – San Dimas 7
    2004 Covina 30 – San Dimas 33
    2003 Covina 21 – San Dimas 20
    2002 Covina 34 – San Dimas 3
    2001 Covina 32 – San Dimas 28

Covina leads series 6 – 4

• Basic

IF Horine is able to go tonight I will take the Bearcats in the UPSET…Yes I’ve been down (more like right) on the Bearcats this year but do think they have a shot as long as they have all their horses the big one being Horine…

Good luck Bearcats…

• AMAT 73

To all the teams of the SGV here’s hoping for well played and injury free games tonight.
    To the Men in Blue , stay focused and do the work and make sure you leave all on the field tonight.
    AMAT WILL SHINE .

• stevo

wheres the best visitors parking for covina dist field????????

• Yorba Linda Rising

Podley will finally figure out how to coach a young team. Cats will win by 3

• david bauer

i just seen the biggest choke in my life. los altos up by 28-14 with 4 minutes left and gave it away. unbelievable. bonita scored 3 tds with 4 minutes left. what a chokw

• AMAT VICTORY!

@AmnataChampion

Bishop Amat 28, Crespi 14 FINAL

Put that in ur hater pipe!

hahahahaha@YOU

MIGHTY ARE THE MEN THAT WEAR THE BLUE AND GOLD

• Conq ’76

Los Altos has a definite conditioning/depth problem as the Bearcats chewed right through the LA defense in the second half. Utilizing a no huddle offense the Bearcats were virtually unstoppable from the middle of the 3rd quarter on.

This game was a tale of two halves. When fresh, LA pushed the Bearcats off of the line and their running game was effective. As the game wore on Bonita wrenched the momentum from LA and never gave up. Give Bonita credit for both exposing the LA flaw and exploiting it.

• Chef Ramsey

AmnataChampion

I have one of my very own recipes I want to share with you!

CROW PIE

1 crow
    stuffing of your choice
    salt and pepper
    shortening
    flour
    2 Pie crust mixes
    2-3 hard-boiled eggs

Stuff the crow. Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through.
    Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until
    nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from
    bones and set aside.

Prepare pie crusts as directed. (Do not bake)

Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in
    which the crow has cooked and let cool.

Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled
    egg. Place crow meat on top. Layer gravy over the crow. Place
    second pie dough crust over top.

Bake at 450 degrees for 1/2 hour.

EAT IT AND ENJOY IT, YA WANKER!!! MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

• patrick

@ Chef Ramsay,

Now that some hilarious s**t! I had to serve one up rotisserie style tonight myself!

• patrick

Walnut Insider Author Profile Page said:

never thought I would say this, but I see Walnut holding onto the Branding Iron for a 3rd year. Coach Maine understands the importance of winning not just for the Branding Iron, but also to keep DB’s playoff hopes alive. But I just don’t think DB is there yet. It will be interesting to see how he handles coaching in such a big game. I am sure he won’t stay too conservative.

I’m going to stand by my prediction of Walnut beating DB & DR and making the playoffs again. After the talent that left last year…I didn’t see it happening, but it will.
    ……..OH really now?? Lmao

• Amat Bully

but i am glad to see Rio finally playing up to all the hype and jocking these writers did about him hopefully for Amat’s sake he’ll continue to.

but all i know is the REAL number1 ranked team in the SGV put up another 60+ point game man now those boys can play.

• The Ghost of L.L

@Lineplay and whoever else was talking about the reason that San Dimas Wouk win was coaching, well it is hard to our coach when you are getting your teeth kicked in. That game should have been a lot worse!

• LOL at you

Bulls#!+
    Maybe if Charter Oak ever PLAYED a big game you’d knwo what it feels like!

• The U

Looks like the Rancho folks will be quiet for a little bit…Upland 31 Rancho 17

• DBALUM

The Branding Iron Game was a great game, it’s what a rivalry game should be. Lots of emotion from each side, the stands were trying to outcompete each other with cheering and making noise! I will admit, Walnut is very loud and spirited. The game was a close one and was going back and forward throughout the night, but the Brahmas came out as the better team and returned the Branding Iron home to Diamond Bar. Good job DBar!

• cov80

how bout those little ponies SMASHED THOSE LITTLE SAINTS!

• CO Bro

Congrats to Amat on a huge win!

Great job CO, playing lights out the last few weeks. Let’s keep it rolling into November!

• Shut up

amnota and bully,
    you can shut up for the week.
    @$$#0!e$

• divid baure

what a meltdown at bonita tonight. one of the biggest rallies ive ever seen. bonitas no huddle rattled los altos

• CHS FAN!!!

Colts way to handle the Saints. Awesome job on counting down on the flags too! It was nice to see the second stringers get some time on the field (even though they gave up a touch down at the end). So proud of the WHOLE team. See you next week!!!!!!!

• coltfan97

Covina great game!!!! I couldnt have scripted a better gameplan!!! The Covina Coaches well done getting these young men ready!!!!! To Covina’s offense and defensive line dominant dominant dominant!!!!

By the way with Maranatha’s lose Covina will get the number seed in the mid valley!!!! Lastly, the VVL is done!!!!!

• REALLY!!!!!!!!!

I’m really kinda annoyed at Charter Oak for not putting their second stringers in when the score is that high. I think its a shame!! Very disappointed in the staff on this one. All I can say is REALLY!!!!!!!!!!

• Weak League

Bull$#!+
    ayalay – enough said LOL!

• coltfan97

By the way with Maranatha’s lose Covina will get the number one seed in the mid valley!!!! Lastly, the VVL is done!!!!!

• Amat Bully

REALLY!!!!!!!!!
    ITS GETTING KIND OF ANNOYING HOW YOU FANS COME ON HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW CO WINS.

• AmatSGV

Great victory for the Amat Nation and the entire SGV. I still don’t understand the haters, most of them are miserable and ignorant… you know who you are!

Amat record Vs. Serra League:

Loyola 22-9
    Crespi 10-3
    ND 3-3
    Alemany 14-3

Whether you like it or not haters, Amat has a winning record and we dominate!

• To Amat Bully

Sorry that might have came out the wrong way. I just know that the 2nd and 3rd string guys work there butts off and the coaches can’t even reward them. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

• oldschool

Amat back in the hunt.Upland is showing that they are in a mission to win the inland division,I predicted they would. Damian very improved .I was at the Walnut Diamond Bar game.Omana a very good quarterback ,cody lepp a very good player for walnut.snoops son getting some playing time but fumbled the only time he caught a pass,which was ran back for a touchdown. snoops nephew Kenya Bell starting at Corner Back,very fast but also had one mistake .both kids are legit and deserve to be on varsity as freshman.

• can’t cut the mustard

Bull$#!+
    get your wins now because I saw REV, Redland, Centennial, Norco, Rancho, and Upland and you better hope you get NONE of them in the playoffs cuz you’ll be in for a spanking. Settle for your little SGV league and be happy. Unless you wanna drop back to D7 to win some playoff games

• Wow

Charter Oak its like Boise St. They win against ONE BIG team once a year and think they deserve 2 be crowned SGV Champs. Amat its like an SEC team, they play the best competition week in and week out. If BIG BAD @$$ CO would play Amat’s schedule every year they would have between 3 and 5 loses every season. Believe me, I’m not an Amat hunk by any means, as a matter of fact I cant stand their cocky @$$ fans. But lets be honest, Amat its a PAC 5 private school, and the only one in the SGV. Enough said

• we all agree

co team and staff: Have you ever heard of a phrase ( have class). you should look it up! Does it make you feel better to run up the score and demoralize a team that’s already dealing with a loss? You have no respect, if i were calling the plays tonight i would make sure you regret keeping your starters in so late. Karma is coming

• AMAT CHOKE CITY

Let Amat fans enjoy the regular season wins. We all know come playoff time it’s CHOKE CITY!

• Just a fan

Get a clue! I was at the game and seriously don’t care either way who wins but was just there because I have heard so much hype about Charter Oak and all I saw was Santiago play the first and only one series of the 2nd half and he was watched the rest of the game. I was kind of disappointed because Ayala was still scoring and kicking onside kicks so I was hoping he and some of the other starting receivers would play more.

Now on defense C.O. kept their starters in a few more series but I don’t blame them. Ayala kept trying to stay in the game so what are you suppose to do? The score isn’t as lopsided as you think either because two of C.O.’s scores were on punt returns so lighten up people and give it a rest. I was one fan that actually wished I could of watched the quarterback I came to watch play some more. I get it though so let go and get over it. Your perception isn’t even right. Why all the haters?

• CO Bro

@ Really!!!!!!!!, I don’t know what game you are watching but when I left the game at the end of the 3rd quarter the 2nd team was already playing. They pulled santiago in the middle if the 3rd quarter.
    I am so fukking tired of this CO vs BA bullshiat! I guess people just need to hate.

• Colt74

One of the BEST Friday nights I could have asked for.
    Started out at Pizza Chalet sharing a cold one with Mr. Livingston ( and thanks for the pizza ! ). An outstanding guy who shared some inside info about his son and his future options and is one great guy to talk football with. Was joined by Mr. and Mrs. Kennedy and clan from San Dimas and also by Mr. and Mrs. Brown also from San Dimas. Mr. Brown is from USC so hey, what’s not to like!
    Great game against San Dimas. To be fair though, they were not at 100%. Injuries and some battling sickness. The Saints ARE better than they played tonight and that fake punt could not have been more obvious if they would have sent up fireworks and spelled it out. They substitute 4 receivers before the play…hmmmmmm??????
    Kennedy had some OUTSTANDING throws tonight and I wish San Dimas continued success the rest of the season.
    Anyway…the Colts executed tonight and Ainsworth ran his rear end off. The Colt defense has proven that they can take care of business and BOTH lines were again impressive. Peter De La Cruz has proved that great things come in DB’s that are not 6’3″. Justin Mason…thank you for taking up football! Nick Hynes … I’m SOOOOO glad he’s on our side! Phil Romano..I told everyone to remember his name. Great job tonight! I’m SOOOOO glad to see Billy running out of bounds and sliding. Vinny….the incredible usual.
    Outstanding job tonight by all players and coaches. A GREAT homecoming!

I would like to send out a heartfelt THANK-YOU to Whittier Christian and to Nogales tonight…

And hoping that the Kennedys daughter and the rest of their clan under the weather are feeling better real soon.

And to the Bishop Amat family… GREAT WIN TONIGHT!

• CO Bro

Thanks for the slight there freddy, you just stick with your beloved team from puente and let CO worry about handling their business in the inland. And the only reason the championship goes through chino hills is because that’s where we will hand them their asses!

• AZTEC 2010

Azusa 56 – Ganesha 0
    Great job Aztecs!! great way to end a Homecoming game!!!

• http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pomona-red-devils-(pomona,ca)/football/schedule.htm Pomona

Colt74,

I’m assuming you checked Max Prep that score is incorrect.

Pomona 42 Nogales 15 was the final.

• Empire strikes back

Charter oak and Amat are the best teams in your SGV area.but charter lost to Ranco cucamonga and Amat has 2 losses.charter oak would be a 3rd place team in any inland division league except the weaker sierra league, that there in.Amat at least is in a competive leaguee ,but no match for most trinity league teams and the inlands top teams.

• Colt74

Pomona said,
    “I’m assuming you checked Max Prep that score is incorrect.
    Pomona 42 Nogales 15 was the final.”

WRONG! Remember what they always say about assume.
    The line with Pomona vs Nogales was Pomona +21. I was given 27 and I win ties.
    27+15=42 = tie = I WIN!

Whittier Christian vs Maranatha the line was Maranatha +13
    I took Whittier Christian and 7 = I WIN!

If all else fails…ask!

• tommykiss

The Highlights of Covina’s win over San Dimas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-YhhERguVY

Great to see everyone out there at CDF tonight, next weeks Chino Hills At Damien game will be Epic !

• http://www.twitter.com/SGVtylerd tDro

http://youtu.be/buRV7qKPNWE

Highlights/ interviews from Damien’s 47-38 win over South Hills… Huskies come back from 16 points down at the half. The two teams refuse to let the halftime Homecoming display be the only fireworks in an absolute down-to-the-wire thriller. Must-see highlights/ interviews with both coaches!

– tDro

• Walnut Insider

Patrick,
    I wouldn’t call last night’s game a blow out by DB. In fact, it came down to the final seconds. If #24 catches that ball, Walnut wins…he didn’t, so they lost.

I wasn’t impressed by DB. Their QB is a better running back than quarterback. Without #1, DB is in serious trouble. They were very sloppy on the field as well, high snaps, dropped balls, they still have some work to do.

And my prediction of Coach Maine was pretty much dead on as well. Some of his decisions almost cost DB the game, especially the clock management before half time.

There will be some sour grapes on Walnut’s side because of the go ahead touchdown, where the RB’s knee was clearly down before he crossed the plane. But for some reason the far side official called it a TD, when Walnut’s official had a clear view. I’m not saying they don’t score, but it definitely clouds it.

It was a close game like I thought it would be with it coming down to a couple of plays.

And I have to agree with DBALUM, this is what a rivalry game should feel like. Fun atmosphere everyone having a good time. It’s great to see the student bodies of both schools get into a game like this.

• patrick

Walnut Insider,

Your anger is much misguided, #1. Please tell me where it says anything about a blowout?.. 2.Why does DB need YOU to be impressed with them, isnt it obvious you are a Walnut supporter??….#3 It was YOUR supporters that preceeded to rip DB and were so sure they would lose the game against DB! and last, 4.Im fine with the game being called as you see it ….but NOW…what is your assessment of Walnut being as they ARE supposedly a MUCH better team than DB?? because thats all pretty all i have been reading from Walnut supporters leading up the game . As far as Maine, he is the wrong guy to go around trashing, he was a GREAT kid in HS and on the field(and knows what winning a championship is all about) and he is even a BETTER man today!

• the IE

cO tranny: LMFAO you can run your stats all you want doesnt mean a damn thing over here! it just puts a bigger bullseye on your back, and trust me every team in the IE is awaiting you to run the score up and show the SGV how weak their greatest show on turf is. All your trash talking here is just feeding fuel to our fires because trust me right now the whole IE wants to welcome you to some real football! Your just setting yourself up for failure scoring 60 on these other teams because when you play the IE you be lucky if you get 14 and your QB wont be so eager to run the ball after the first welcome to the IE hit .So right now we are still laughing at you walking around pumping your chest ,and your big heads. Make it last because in 4-5 weeks you are done and everyone knows it, we even got a pool going on what team is going to smash you and by how many, without a Doubt your just another charter Joke to us! Come on the little engine that could…

• Walnut Insider

Patrick,
    Not sure how that came off as angry, but ok.

As to having DB impress me, that was a response to DB fans and even the Trib saying DB was going to be impressive this year. They are who they are. Their QB is average, but a solid runner. Their RB is their best weapon and with him out, it showed just how average they are.

As far as being a supporter of Walnut, apparently you are new to the blogs. I have been attacked by Walnut fans a lot more than any other school in the past few years. I call it like I see it. In fact if you re-read my original post I started off by saying “never thought I would say this…” At the beginning of the year I didn’t think Walnut had a chance to do better than 2 – 8, but when I saw how weak the league is this year I realized they had just as much chance as anyone else. Walnut is far from a good team this year, they might not even be average. The drop from last year to this year talent wise is astounding. But unlike Rowland, the Walnut staff has done a very good job of keeping them competitive.

I never said Walnut was a much better team than DB. I just didn’t think DB was as talented as everyone said they were. Of course Walnut fans are going to trash the other team, that’s the nature of the game. I thought it would be a close game and it was, Walnut was just on the short end of the stick.

And as far as Coach Maine is concerned, who’s trashing him? I said he made some mistakes that could have cost them the game. His handling of the end of the first half was far from textbook and cost them at least 3 points. And then on their final drive, instead of taking more time off the clock he passes the ball on 3rd down. If he runs the ball and takes more time off the clock, then Walnut doesn’t even have a chance to score. All I am saying is that his inexperience showed last night. I am sure he will be a fine coach, but he isn’t Terry Roche yet. This is definitely a big win for him and his program though…it should help him get more of buy into what he is doing.

• Panther Fan

Congratulations to Bonita, nice win against Los Altos. Congratulations to DB for bringing home the Branding Iron on a very close game. Finally Congratulations on my Panthers for making a clean sweep of Rowland (Frosh 32-0, JV 33-0 and Varsity 20-0). Big turn around from last weeks play calling by the coaching staff (Very much improved)and what we as spectators were expecting at the Los Altos game.

• Just a fan

Ok, more? I agree now. I went to the game and C.O. is the best in the S.G.V. but they probably don’t even think they are better than the top I.E. teams. You can just tell by watching them that they are not built for I.E. football but then again who is in the S.G.V.? Every argument I have heard on this blog suggests they shouldn’t even be in the I.E. Enrollment, geography, etc.

Style points? Their backup QB I think he is a sophomore was running the show 2nd half with backups and give them credit they were making plays. What is C.O. suppose to do? Take a knee? Kids want to play, compete and yes mom your son even probably got in himself because he works hard and may of even had fun too.

Personally, I always liked and thought the Huskies would be the team that could compete with the I.E. and I was right but Chino Hills Huskies not South Hills Huskies. We S.G.V. honks better jump on the Chino Hills bandwagon and call them our own because looks to me that they may be our best chance. Sorry C.O. but true. Off to Damien against Chino Hills this week. Barn burner!

• oldschool

@patrick and walnut insider.I was impressed with both walnut and diamond bar.it came down to the last drop ball by cody lepp.where they both lack is in defense.to say omana is a better running back is absurd.he hit on some really great passes to katrib for scores. DB has to work on their snaps,I counted about 4 in the same series that just rolled to omana.how about cordell broadus “snoops kid” fumbling his only catch for a touchdown and snoops nephew kenya bell getting burned on one play.DB has a great future,56-7 freshman win with there 2 best freshman on varsity.DB has the best freshman class in the hacienda.

• Panther Fan

@Oldschool – Correction to your last sentence. West Covina has the best freshman class in the Hacienda (Currently undefeated in league). WC 20 DB 14 with their two best freshman not on Varsity.

• Really?

No no Correction to you Panther Fan! get your Fact straight because the “2″ Freshmen aka Snoops Kids where not there for the WC & DB freshmen Game. Get you Facts right before you throw your posts down…. O yeah I forgot you are a D-Ranch fan. I don’t expect much from you anyway. Getting fat and posting on a website is your main source of fun.

• great for the sgv

Are you IE people saying that bishop would have a hard time in your division. They just beat Crespi and played #1 servite this season.

• IE

amat: its CO that doesn’t belong top ranked they played 1team this year we recognize your schedule and your loss came from a powerhouse i see next year you guys have CH, i like that it keeps the posers like amat bully from doing his computer generated games lol..That’s the only way to say your program is better then another is to play a game and see!

• Realityczech

IE – you’re right. Don’t worry about “not so good for sgv” – he’s an Amat basher being sarcastic and the blod doesn’t have a sarcasm font. CO has no chance in the IE. everyone is all fired up about the points their scoring (against bad defenses) but what about the hpoints they give up. Evryone is just playing flag football now, but when they have to grind it out against teams teh Baseline, Southeast, Citrus Belt, and Big VIII, they’ll struggle. thats why Amat would pound them too. CO not built for smash mouth football against a tough defense.

• CHILLS

CO bra : Checkout the stats and highlights on Darr the qb from coronation Santiago……Better then your qb and we kept him quiet, he’s faster, bigger and can take a hit too. Think twice before you run your jaw.

• Panther Fan

Back at you – Really, Nobody expects much from you either. Must be talking from personal experience with the weight issue and posting on a website as your main source of fun.

By the way there was no mention that the “2″ best freshmen were playing at that time. Only said they were not on the Varsity team and that is a “FACT” according to your statement.

Learn how to read and comprehend before you post.

• Amat Bully

Fred it just goes to show how much of an amat fan you really are. why did you delete my post and please dont say because i said a$$hole or who gives a rats a$$ in it. in that case a lot of people post should be deleted. or is it the fact that i was tough on these amat CRY BABIES. i forget when it comes to your blog any amat abuse will be taken care of by you or.

• FredJ

Bully, I allow all other Amat criticism, just not yours and some from Notsince. I will leave one or two of your comments, but that’s it, you two hijack threads and ruin them for others trying to have real discussions and dialogue. It’s amazing to me than anyone would complain for not being allowed to constantly criticize one school. So hate me for deleting your comments, I don’t care what you think.

• Amat Bully

And another thing FRED why the hating on CO what would make you make a comment and say “I don’t know if they can do any damage in the Inland” your a HATER that line is better suited for Amat who has never done anything in the pac5, but according to you amat look likes the early 200 team LOL they didnt win anything then either.

• Amat Bully

FredJ
    my point exactly what about all the hating a$$ amat fans post, and come on dude again with the hijacking junk get real. where in this thread it dont mention CO and or Amat. im talking about both schools so how am i hijacking your amat thread?

• Just askin’

Bully Boy – has CHAk “done any damage” in the Inland yet? Is there any evidence they’re ready to do so? I think Rnacho asnswered that question.

• Lance R

Back to Tribs #1 team. Beating Crespi @ Crespi. Big road win. Never doubt Amat and this coaching staff and players they come and give it all they have every Friday. You have the haters and the Jealous ones in here and that will always be. Proud of our staff and team we came home with the win, Shay is back the team looked strong last nite.This coming Friday at Kiefer the place will be rocking against Loyola. Again taking nothing for granted this Serra league is a toss up and any team can win on any given nite. Only the strong survive this League. It is not over yet but as you can see the Lancers are in the thick of things once again. On Blue! Great Win Lancer fans hold your heads high this weekend sport your gear because this is why our team plays D1 PAC 5 FOOTBALL. Our tradition is like no other when we win it’s news, when we lose it’s news. Everyone loves us deep down including the haters. MIGHTY ARE THE MEN THAT WEAR THE BLUE AND GOLD.

• Amat Bully

Just askin’
    now take your own question replace CO with Amat and put Servite and Alemany in place of Rancho. and what you get

• D-1baby

Bully, “Amat has never done anything in the Pac 5?” The Pac-5 is the real name for Division 1, as in best of the best, and yes Amat has done something, it’s called five championships. How many major division titles has Charter Oak won…Answer, zero.

• Just askin’

The difference is Amat can now say Crespi and has shown in recent years they can beat Pac 5 schools. i wouldn’exactly say a 5 pt loss to Alemany indicates anyone is not at their level. So I ask ” what evidence shows ChOak can do that?”

• Amat Bully

D-1baby
    5 major championships when was this was the pac5 named the pac5 or since your last championship have we been through two presidents or has the century changed from the 20th to the 21st. And then you ask how many major division titles have CO won were you in a coma for the last 5 years or something or are you not considering when CO won it a major division. and you say the best of the best in d1, i think your a bit delusional d3 is better than d1 and the inland d2 is also.

• baby blue nutter

oldschool,

Cody may have missed one…but he hit on a lot of others. 60yrd fumble return for a TD…caught another TD…and played great D all night. Easily the player of the game.

patrick and other DB fans…I’m going to get a little sentimental here…if you cry easily stop reading. I’ve been to a lot of Walnut v DB games over the years…the fans are great…a lot of passion and emotion in the stands…makes my heart sink…but win or lose…one thing will always remain true…DB SUCKS!!…DB SUCKS!!…DB SUCKS!!…DB SUCKS!!

• Amat Bully

just askin’
    so whats an 8 point lost to rancho prove? dude your worthless arguing with you hid all last week when i was on here im done responding to you.

FRED how this for hijacking your thread i made a comment directed at you but yet your beloved Amat fans are coming at me. what you want me to do be quiet and let them speak only i bet thats it your a joke.

• Still askin’

Bully Boy – no D7 is NOT a major division championship. Especially when yo don’t have to leave teh fish bowl to win a title and are palying aganst your neighbors. this was posted yesterday as evidence from the last few years Amat can hang with the Pac5. You still haven’t answered ” what evidence is their ChOak can hang with Centennial, Vista Murrietta, REV, Upland, or even some of the 3rd place teams you might face like Norco, North, Redlands, Chapparrel, Santiago,, etc?

• Just askin’

Bully Boy – heres those wins pasted for you.

Sorry – but you’re just talking outtta your ass. Each of the following in the Hagerty era was against a higher ranked squad.
    In 2008, coming off a 3-7 season (in which we still beat the D3 champion-who was obviously ranked above us) we beat OLu, who were the Trinity League Champs that year. In week 6 we beat an undefeated St Francis team that was still rated above us at the time. In league we knocked off Crespi that was ranked above us and had earlier beat Servite that year, to get into the playoffs before the Long Beach poly “loss”.
    In 2009, St Bonaventure was back-to-back state champs and 4-0 who had just beat the defending champs, Long Beach Poly. Amat went on to beat an 8-1 higher ranked Notre Dame team, and State Gatorade Player of the Year Ryan Kasdorf, in the final game of the season to win the Serra League (the 4th toughest league in the nation that year).
    As 73 said, we did beat Mater Dei from “the big bad Trinity League” in the playoffs as the “favorite” – despite the fact few gave us a chance to beat a team with Max Wittek, Matt Barkley’s heir apparent, and Victor Blackwell who’s redshirting at USC)
    Last season, Amat opened league by beating a higher ranked Crespi team that was coming off a 14 pt win over Inland power Visa Murrietta and handing Clovis West, the Central champ, their only loss.
    This season there are 3 regular season games left against teams ranked higher than Amat – so any wins will also fit your category.
    And really, if you’re going to say underachieves, then you are opposing all those who question whether our roster has enough talent and the Fish Bowl’s demographics can support a Pac5 power.
    You can’t say a team doesn’t have players AND underachieves at the same time. In all the games above, and many others, Amat lost warmups and the battle of the “look test” by a bunch. That being said, maybe Amat is the ultimate “over-achiever”.

• CO Bro

Haters got to hate, now I know what Amat fans deal with.

• Advice

bully – thats exactly right. When you proclaim yourself a “Bully” expect people to “coma at you and smack you in the mouth. if you were random “ChOak Fan” without your sole mission to “bully” Amat, then you wouldn’t sound so foolish and be atacked with such venom

• Amat Bully

still askin’
    what evidence shows that amat can hang in the pac5, i hope your not taking the Crespi win beacuse Crespi hasn’t beat anyone in the pac5 this year nor has alemany. better yet amat lost to a pac5 school REAL bad. i have a question how do you think Amat would fair in the inland, after losing to Alemany who lost to jw north? or crespi losing to vista. you see where this is going. CO lost by 8 points CO dominated the game but fell short. Crespi is in your league Alemany is in your league and for a few years now Amat has yet to beat a team in the pac5 thats not in there league. So what makes you think amat is ready for the pac5?

Advice
    what venom i went on a rampage last week and no Amat fan was to be found.

• jcaz

Notes on Amat

Let me begin by saying that I am sure that all of the Lancer family’s prayers are with that young man who was injured towards the end of the game last night. It would have been fitting and much more meaningful if the Lancers had walked over to the other end of the field and joined the Celts in a prayer.

As for that game last night, well…..wow, what a performance.

I have to say that this season has probably been the most frustrating one for many of the faithful. Getting slammed at Servite early in the year and having to witness so many close calls against teams that should have been no match for the Lancers was getting very difficult to stomach.

That loss last week against an Alemany team that wasn’t even halfway as good as last years edition was very difficult to take.

However, I have to say that that team that was on that field last night was not the same team that we have seen so far this year.

Zachary Shays presence was instrumental. In fact, he was directly responsible for at least three successive first downs for the Lancers when they needed them most.

When “JAY_LEEN” Moore (insider joke to all those who were at the game last night) went down last night, I wasn’t to worried, because I knew Shay was back on this team. In my opinion, he is that big of a deal for the Lancers.

Anyway, this team was spectacular No Shcitz !!

Keep in mind that if they weren’t, I would be the first one to tell you that.

Rio had one of his best games ever and the defense really rose to the occasion. Turn overs were key to this game of course, but the fact was that there were some amazing plays out there including a one handed interception and a no look behind the back running catch by (I think) shay.

Over all, a great game with the exception of the incredibly bad calls from the zebras. Now, all of you know how I feel about talking about the refereeing the next day after a game, but in this instance, I have to say that I will make an exception…And if anyone of you were there last night, you would understand where im coming from. Enough said there.

Anyway, next week is big for our team. maybe even bigger than last nights game.

Either way, its good to be a Lancer today !

• DBar Daddy

Nice win for DB last night…heck any win is a good win for DB at this point. Sorry Roddy, but you could tell this was a rivalry game! Such a difference then when dranch is playing. Walnut and DBar’s fans were loud, coompetitive and constant but always respectful. dranch fans just seem to have a chip on their shoulder (like their coach) and everything seems personal. Jealousy is a bitch. Back to the game last night. Tyler Brown had a break out night. If he doesn’t cramp up in the third quarter the game isn’t as close at the end. Omana, I feel for you. The DBar staff has let you down this year. Our passing offense is way too simple. All receivers are at the same depth and you have no check off receiver. Run some crossing patterns, just shake it up. When fans in the stands can predict over and over again the patterns we’re going ot run, you know the opposition is there, but you have to start looking for 86. Everyone is going to double and triple team katrib. Serveral times he was wide open and you forced the ball somewhere else. Maine will get better…I think our QB was told to throw the ball away if he couldn’t get in on that play at the end of the first half. But please oh please work o the center snap this week, or try to get Walnuts center to transfer to DB. That was riduculous. Walnut is good and it was a fun game to watdh…like looking in the mirror and thinking how good looking you are.

• AMAT 73

First off prayers out the young man from Crespi who was injured last night . Fred any update on his condition. Makes you think how many of us say these kids are out there playing their heart and soul out and we should enjoy it instead of baging on them by their name as some do bravely behind a screen name. Just my opinion .
    Now back to the blog.
    valley guy,
    Ok we get it on your passion to hate AMAT . Your real fight is with the IE not AMAT. Do you know why , because we don’t play each other this season. If you can’t see how big of a win last night was for AMAT and for the SGV you are a fool. Look you have Damien coming up . We played and beat Damien . After that you will have some sort of measuring stick for yourself. Then come back and talk all the shiat you want but until then try and keep those IE boys quiet because they are talking big shiat about CO . Or is it because you don’t have any rankings or facts to back you up against the IE .After all RC did beat you so you really can’t comment any higher than them in your argument. You see when you don’t play a team you can talk all the shiat you want . It’s safe , it can’t be proved your wrong. Because it’s all on paper and not where it counts. You battles are yet to come . AMAT will take care of their’s and you make sure CO takes care of their’s and you take care of IE boys if you can ???????

• coltfan97

Amat Bully,

I am not an Amat fan and I dont go to Amat games!!!! How about not hating on Amat so much and praising C.O. more!!! How about that because the crap you say in these blogs is embarrassing to C.O. You need to shut up, and have other people voice an opinion on this blog!!!! I agree with Fred here!!!

• oldschool

@panther fan.west covina also very good ,but 2 DB Freshman are starting at varsity.they where not at Diamond Bar when the freshman team played west covina,they got to diamond bar after and only played 1 freshman game where they accounted for 4 touchdowns between both of them on only a weeks practice.

• correction

@d-1baby
    for the record, amat has won 4 d1/top div. championships. amat’s 1st championship in the early 60′s was in fact a lower division championship. none-the-less 4 d1/top div. championships is the most in the sgv with los altos 2nd with 3 d1/top div. championships

• oldschool

@baby blue nutter.yeah Cody was all over making plays all night.diamond ranch and bonita better watch out for walnut.

• JFR

Bully,

On behalf of all other CO fans kindly shut the F@#K up already!

• Colt74

I look at the whole valley picture this way.

Every SGV team has their responsibility to provide a piece of the puzzle that when all assembled is a nice picture of our little fish bowl.

We need a piece of that puzzle from each division and each league.

Worry and concentrate on providing your teams piece and let the others worry and concentrate on providing theirs.

• Touchdown

Bb utter utter,
    And I thought DR was disrespectful and clASSless. DB sucks wow. DB were chanting and excited as HS young adults do. Walnut is terrible

• http://www.btf.com Mid Valley Fan

Congratulations to Covina for Back2Back undefeated league titles. I know its a little early to boast, but there is no way possible Covina can lose any remaining league games or the title. They got this. They handled San Dimas….. They beat a non passing Pomona without The kid….. It looks like they are firing on all cylinders. By the looks of it Marantha, Whittier Christian or maybe some other fluke team may be the only team to give them a run for their money. Aroyo has no chance, yes they look good and Rivera is on point but the matter of fact is they do not have a defense that can stop a well coached ballanced run and pass team like Covina. Thomas is so unselfish that he pounds the rock but always establishes The Kids passing game early, which proves to be a threat throughout the game. San Dimas and Pomona are one dimensionl with their pathetic run games. Seems they have stubborn coaches that won’t pass. They both have staffs of C.I.F. capability but seem to be falling flat on their face. Well I guess It’s time to sit back and watch Covina Cruz into the finals.

• IE

bully girl
    w=win L=loss at the end of the night that’s all that matters not that you beat a team with no defense by 40 pts. My point being RC hoped.your @$$ weather its by one point or 20 the IE will smash your fishbowl team.

• DRanch Man

It’s been bothering me all season long to watch the 1 dimensional offense that has become the Diamond Ranch Panthers way of doing things. Run baby run only works to a point. But, when the defense knows you wont pass the ball, they start putting eight in the box, blitzing linebackers in the gaps, effectivley stopping the run all together. There is no doubt that the Panthers have a strong run game but without an effective pass game you cant keep a defense honest. Coach Layton for a brief moment finally came two his senses and on the first series he called a serries of balanced offensive plays, mixing the run with short, high percentage passes that allowed DR to march right donwn the field and score their first touchdown. This moment of clarity was short lived however and DR was back to business as usual. As a result, DR did not score in the second half. In fact, this has been a reacurring issue with DR. Our opponents defense make adjustments at halftime and tend to slow down and even stop our run forcing us into desperation mode by trying for the long ball way too often. If it wasnt for an awesome Defense ( and defensive play calling) the score would have been much closer. I implore you Coach Layton to mix it up more. Your QB threw a nice short game as demonstrated last night in the first quarter. How about some Swings, Screens and PA to TE or a back? These type of plays are going to give your QB more confidence and keep the opposing defense on their toes.

• Nicky the nose

Colt 74:

I meant “holla atcha” as in say what’s up? How you doing, let’s have a brew and a slice and not holler atcha like on the blogs hahahahaha. Great tail gating at Damien at half time and after the game by the way.
    Back and forth game and thought the Huskies were going to pull it out after they got up 31-30 just after half. Fireworks offensively for both teams, obviously and very poor tackling by SHHS for sure. Might go to Chino hills v Damien at Damien next week. are the Colts in town and is pizza chalet gonna be poppin off again? Good luck, nice win and glad Billy the kid is back

• http://www.btf.com Mid Valley Fan

Yes, I didn’t mention Monrovia but the way everyone boasted about them all season then watching them get hammered by San Dimas they are not a threat either.

• SGV Athlete

I’ve seen both Maranatha, Whittier Christian, Covina, La Puente and Azusa play this season. Without a doubt Covina is the best team in Mid-Valley. Whittier Christian, La Puente, and Azusa are close seconds, and Maranatha is lingering at 5th (at best). Monrovia will make some noise in the playoffs, and believe me Azusa has got much better since the beginning of the season. But I see it coming down to Covina, WC, La Puente and Azusa.

• cyberspace
  • reality

irst off to Fred and crew thanks for cover-it live, its the next best thing around to being there. Second,heartfelt thoughts to injured Crespi player, it makes one think about our young sons. Third to Amat fans there are not as many haters as you think. It only takes one poor soul who enjoys seeing his screen name and words on the blog to make it seem like all hate Amat which is certainly wrong. These people for the most part are lonely and bored. Lastly congrats to Bearcats and staff. You made adjustments that I appreciated. Your O-line is terrific and you let them prove it last night. To soph QB, don’t fret your time is coming, to Turner I told you this is still your year, keep it up, too Pods, now if we can get the cats to play all 4 quarters then look out Southeast.

• John

Are you kidding me, to the person who is bashing the CO coaches for not having a lot of class. I guess you weren’t at the game. I was wondering why they took their starting offense out for the whole second half. If they didn’t the score would be 100 to 34. Now that is class , of course they left the starting defense in until the 4th quarter as Ayala was playing hard and obviously scoring on CO. You people who have nothing better to do than come on here and HATE, YOU HAVE NO CLASS. You are probably just a disgrunted old man whose kid never got to play. JUST BE QUIIET and let the kids play.

• patrick

@ Babybluenutter,

Its ALL good here! Cause like the saying goes,”If people are talking about you,then obviously your makking a difference”…

Tell me this…How did Walnut manage to lose Tyler Brown??

• Monrovia Fan

By seasons end, Monrovia will emerge as the CIF champs once again. Sure San Dimas played a great game at Monrovia this season but the adjustments will happen in the next couple of weeks and you will see who emerges as the top Dog come Dec. Monrovia’s missing links early this season was a lack of a running game in which that is now fixed. With the return of Michael Harris Monrovia’s backfield will be complete along with Marquis Bias and DeShawn Ramirez playing slot receiver. The Defense will be in full stride at the end of this season and I am willing to bet that McCarthy and company will be seeking revenge on all comers. He along with 4 other starters did not play against SD and will exact revenge on their running game. Keep this post handy in Dec.

• Colt74
  • Mid Valley Analysis

Covina-Congrats to Covina, they played great. They have a swagger. The offense played great, and that defense fly’s to the ball. Covina should be #1 in the mid-valley. As stout as Covina’s Run defense is, they still have to work on their pass defense. I’d get #2 involved on defense as a FS or Corner. Down the road, their are a few teams with big WRs, and throw more…overall, Covina is looking really good…can they keep this up in playoffs? In the past cif has given covina a horrible draw despite having a 9-1 record, and VVL Champs. That has proven to give them a tough 2nd round game which they did not win last year… Key word is last year…however they still have something to prove…and that is they can get to Finals and win. Their draw is going to crucial. There are still teams out there who can beat the Colts…hmm, umm Whittier Christian….

San Dimas-I have one question for coach z? Why did he not allow Kennedy to throw More? No Disrespect to the Covina DB’s, but they had just as much of a hard time covering, as San Dimas’s DB’s did. They had a drop that changed the game, but they still should have thrown more. I can’t believe he did not line up brown one side and #8 on another, and try to create some mismatches. It was there. San Dimas can’t sulk now, they have pomona still. The fact they beat injured Monrovia handily in preseason shows they got what it takes. But that was preseason, and this poor showing in the league title game has put some doubt in peoples mind regarding this team and their ability to get back to finals. Regardless of what happens in VVL San dimas has proven they know how to turn it around. I expect them to be ready come playoff time…

Maranatha-The Olympic league is arguably the toughest league in the Midvalley. Maybe their soft preseason schedule, is coming back to haunt them. Maranatha has put themselves in a tough spot. As a 2nd place team, they will not be top 4 seed now. That means they could be playing a San Dimas or Pomona, early in 2nd round of playoffs., and that could prove to be problems for the minutemen. They are going to have to win out, and hope WC losses. But it looks like WC will win that league, and tough 2nd Round game for them.

Arroyo-has one of the best players in the Division, and they are winning games. Since Maranatha is going to come in 2nd place, this opens up the door for them to Be a top four seed. If they finish 9-1 they deserve it. However with San Dimas, Pomona, Maranatha, all finishing in 2nd-3rd, I don’t think Arroyo will pas the Quarters. These teams are better than La Canada who Arroyo struggled with.

Alhambra-they are the front runner in the almont league, however with a lost to south pas, the “human Factor” in the CIF selection committee will not give them a top four seed. They will be a tough out for the top tier teams in the Midvalley, but I still think there are better teams out there.

Whittier Christian-What a big win for them against Maranatha. They have now taken the inside track to the Olympic title. I think the tough preseason experience has paid off for them and they Once again will Possibly be a top four seed come playoff time. They have had success in the playoffs reaching the semis and Finals in the past two years…The question is can that match up with the “speed” teams in the Midvalley? We will see.

La puente- The Warriors are 7-0, what a start, However, they have not played a tough schedule up to date. With Duarte and Azusa still on the schedule, Things are far from settled in the Montview. If they win Out, they will be 10-0, and could possibly be a top four seed. I think the “human” factor down at the CIF office will keep them from being a top 4 seed. However I still think Azusa is the best team in that league, and the Warriors will go into the playoffs at 9-1.

Azusa-Everyone has ask azusa to step up preseason schedule and they did. They took a few losses early, But I think that experience is going to help them in the Championship game vs La puente. Azusa will repeat as Montview champs…However the playoffs will be similar to their preseason schedule….tough. I am not sure they can get past the 2nd Round.

Monrovia-Last But not least, the cats got off to a shaky start. The cats have played one toughest preseason schedules in the Division. Losing big to San Dimas has created a lot of doubt as whether the cats are a top team this year. Well it turns out the Paramount win was a quality win being that Paramount is 2-0 in league, in Div 4. Lately the cats have been on tear avg 40 pts per game, and this trend will continue. They will repeat as RHL champs, and will be a top four seed come playoffs. The cats have the luxury of resting starters, and getting healthy in league, which other Midvalley teams do not have that luxury. They will be fresh come playoff time. I still believe that Monrovia, Covina, San Dimas and Whittier Christian, and Pomona, make up the top 5 in the Division. The Cats have the talent, to beat anyone in the division and should find themselves back in the Semis or better…but can they put it all together?

Since Majority of Midvalley teams don’t play tough preseasons and their is only two tough leagues, Its hard to gauge who the best teams are. Teams who do play tough preseaons get reward even if they have “Quality losses”(oxymoron) lol. But I do think lower division teams who play up in lose still get more value out of those games vs playing Midvalley sub .500 teams early…Wink Wink… those who win the tough leagues get reward… Sometimes good teams, get left out of top 4. Also, league titles and history, play a role in the seedings as well.

Going into the playoffs, supposing the leagues go as i’ve stated, My top four seeds and Seeding would be… Some may disagree, but this year is playing out very similar to last year. I anticipate similar seedings. Please make corrections if you think I messed up….

1. Covina 9-1 VVL Champs(No one is playing better, 18 returners)
    2. Whittier Christian 7-3 Olympic Champs (Win Over #1 and league title make them #2)
    3. Monrovia 7-3 RHL champs (people may disagree, but defending champ and RHL title gives them the nod, they have proven over the years they deserve this spot with deep runs)
    4. Arroyo 9-1 MVL(Close game with La Canada means mtown is alot better than them)
    5.San Dimas 8-2 2nd in VVL(They are top four good, but 2nd place in VVL is 2nd place)
    6. Maranatha 9-1(the hype is over, 2nd place in league..San Dimas is better)
    7. Alhambra 9-1(lost to So Pas hurt them and the Almount, Mtown is going to rout So pas)
    8. Pomona 6-4 3rd in VVL(They are in the toughest league, they are still dangerous, if they beat San Dimas, they could shoot to #6)
    9. Azusa 7-4 Montview Champs,(tough preseason, could pay off big for the Aztecs)
    10. La Puente 2nd in montview 9-1(Soft preseaon, plus 2nd place, in Montview hurts their rankings. If they go 10-0 they go to Number 9 and Azusa is out the rankings with So Pas at #10)

• PantherPride

Have to say I told you all not to doubt THE RANCH! Gibson & Miller are a dynamic duo. The D will carry us past Walnutz and on to the league championship against West Co. Great job Isaiah, you’re finally taking command of the team. We won’t miss a beat without Fischer. He’s a good kid and a decent athlete, but his body can’t handle the hits. He’s broken his collarbone the last 2 years. William Bryan is a great speedster and has a nose for the open field. Ive watched him play since JA and have to say that he’ll evenually become a much better weapon than Andrew. As for our offense being 1 dimensional, you gotta be kidding me. You couldn’t possibly be from The Ranch. Probably one of those DB HATERS still upset about our smack down. Sour grapes people. I’ll be happy to ride that 1 dimensional offense into the league championship. Roddy continuously puts out tough teams that always rise up to the challenge and do damage in the playoffs. The talent may be young but it’s already stepping up. Look out West Co, we may have slipped up last week but we got our eyes fixed on you. And much thanks Bonita on the Los Al win. Any help is appreciated. WE ARE, D R!!!

• Walnut Insider

Patrick,
    I won’t go into full detail, so I will just say that it stemmed from him getting removed from the freshman team last season due to a suspension. There is a lot more, but I am going to leave it at that. If you are trying to say he left due to the program you would be wrong.

• Midshipman

Wow PantherPride. Still talking about DB? The game is over already, leave it at that. You’re like Air Force and DB and Walnut are like Army and Navy. Air Force always tries to butt in for the rivalry but will never have what Army and Navy has.

• AZTEC PRIDE (SUPPORTER)

Alright MID VALLEY, wow nice right up! That tskes time and effort for what you posted!

ALRIGHT AZUSA, and maybe just maybe… Well the season is still young. Good Job Coach Scherf, and Fred put that stat up and not to shabby!Winning is Winning no matter what League your in!

Alright off to see Citrus College football at Antelope Valley, and they’re ranked 16th! The AZUSA DUO, JOSE NUNEZ and Steven Arceo doing a fine job for Citrus. One more player I would like to mention who’s also doing well and they call him the TRAIN, is JESUS VARGAS, from La Puente. Montview League players HOLDING their own!

AZTEC PRIDE!

• Colt74

“There are still teams out there who can beat the Colts…hmm, umm Whittier Christian….”

Hmm, umm No….

I’d go as far as to say that there is not one team in the Olympic that the Valle Vista top 3 would not beat by 30.

We’re posting OPINIONS. There’s mine.

• Witness

FYI: Saw the replay of that td catch by Crespi to give them 14. He dropped it! Kyla 5 had a good shot of it and you can clearly see that the ball hit the turf.
    Score shoulda been 28-7
    Ref’s sucked it hard last night.
    Prayers to the Crespi player who ran into Ja-lean. Get well soon.

• Guest

Witness,

Where did you see footage of the replay? Do share.

• baby blue nutter

Touchdown…don’t be a putz. That’s the way it goes down every year…you guys boo the band…hang the Mustank banner…we drop the DB SUCKS chant. That’s all good stuff.

patrick you shouldn’t bring up stuff like that. You know it always goes bad…people speculate. All I can say is some coaches like players to earn their spots. I applaud the Walnut coaches for not giving into any kind of ultimatums. All the Browns are starting…good for them. D. Brown is a great back…not going to find a tougher back in the league…we didn’t lose anything…well…except the Branding Iron. Congrats on that.

• Fred Roggin

That replay of the Crespi drop was on Channel 5 news? they tend to cover some of the bigger games. They were peobably at the Chart… No wait… Never mind.

• coltfan97

To Saints4Real,

I still think that S.D. is a good team, and I still say that we might see S.D. in the playoffs, but I want your take on the S.D.- Covina game last night?

• Witness

@Guest, It was on last nights KTLA 5 Sports Final at 10:30PM. I looked for it on their website, but can’t find it.
    The Crespi receiver#3 went up high and put his hands on it,but Montez slapped it into #3 chest. as they all came falling down, the ball rolled off #3′s chest and on to the turf, where he quickly snatched it up, so the first call of no catch was correct, but was over ruled.
    The only reason I bring this up is because Amat’s defense was on fire last night and deserves the credit.
    Oh well!
    Go Amat!

• Mid Valley Analysis

Colts 74, I said key word “Last year”. Please don’t get too cocky now…as of right now the colts are number one in the Midvalley, but don’t think for one second that Covina is a lock to win the title. Not, With Whittier Christian, Monrovia, and San Dimas all going to be in the field of 16. This is a “New Year”. And Maybe this is Covina’s year to win it. In the last 3 years, These teams have been to the Semis and Finals…while you all were at home… Show a little respect. All opinions are welcome, but there are plenty of SGV fans, who won’t Stamp Covina until after a 2nd round victory. So before you go saying who you would beat By 30, you must get to semi’s and beat one of these teams, then you have to win the title….You got a lot of work to do. Or you can call your shot…IS COVINA GOING TO WIN THE MIDVALLEY???

• Colt74

Mid Valley Analysis/Sleeper Nation/Observantcat/Whatever Log on you are going with this week:

“That has proven to give them a tough 2nd round game which they did not win last year… Key word is last year…however they still have something to prove…and that is they can get to Finals and win. Their draw is going to crucial. There are still teams out there who can beat the Colts…hmm, umm Whittier Christian….”

Really? The last comment about Whittier Christian was about last year? Everything AFTER the word “however” is talking about last year?
    Bullshyt… Here you go again….lol

Where do you get off stating that Covina needs to PROVE they can get to the finals and win? Prove to who? You???????? Who the hell are you to dictate what you think Covina needs to prove or not?? Let some air out of your head.
    PLEASE ,Come to and Kiss my rear end at the next Covina game. PLEASE…. I’ll even pay for your ticket in. I’m sure I can get the Colt band to play something appropriate like, oh say, “THIS KISS” by Faith Hill while you do it….

“Please don’t get too cocky now…

I’m not being cocky. I’m being truthful, confident, and expressing my opinion. That’s my opinion. Don’t like it? To use your phrase from our last discussion…”Shove it!”…
    I don’t need to explain anything I say to you. If you can’t comprehend what I said then get a dictionary and go word for word. Or ask someone else to explain it to you. I’m not wasting any more time going in every direction that you want to take one of my comments. What part of by 30 points by the VVL top 3 was not clear? Seriously? What part of that needs any further explanation? I’m pretty sure a 3rd grader would not need that explained to them.
    Plus..if I wanted to get cocky..WTF would I care what YOU think? Seriously? You have proven in the other thread you don’t like it when people don’t agree with you then you try and take the discussion in every direction but the one intended.

“Show a little respect. All opinions are welcome”

Unless mine happens to disagree with yours right?

I respectfully told you that you were full of shyte in my last go round with you. There is no respect inferred or implied this time. Respect is earned.

So to show you that I am not such a bad guy after all. Let me put this into a condensed, easy to understand form for you.
    “Shove it”.

• Panther Fan

@oldschool
    Now the way I understand what you are saying is that the DB freshman team is not the best in the Hacienda league. That terminology applied only when the “2″ best freshmen were on the team, that it made them the best. Since the “2″ are now on the Varsity team the freshman team returns to their normal non best status so to speak. Being that is the present case, your statement of them being the best was not correct “Really!!!!!!”.

• Real Issues

Mid Valley A

The real situation for SD is they have to establish the the run first before the Qb can open it up. In the Wing-t the middle guy has to be very tough and a real bruiser. Its dropped off over the past couple of years. Lets be real SD QB’s dont have great arms. So, a school who relies on the middle better find that player who tough enough to pound the middle 25+ a game and be effective. They just can’t play catch in that style of offense, especailly with a average arm under center.

• King Albert

Forget Football. LEts talk about the hitting clinic put on tonight in the World Series.

Unbeleivable display of hitting!!

• oldschool

@panther fan.read my original posts.I said DB had the best freshman class in the hacienda.not team.

• Panther Fan

@oldschool, ok then replace the word “team” with “class” and the typo is corrected. Now that leaves you with what? Not the best class!!

• Witness

shinfo- Before last nights Crespi~Amat game their was a R&B vibe at Crespi. Brian McKnight with his two sons sang the Star Spangled Banner. They were really good.

Loyola is coming to town friday night and the playoffs are under way in the Serra league.
    Cubs maxpreps stats: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/loyola-cubs-%28los-angeles,ca%29/football/stats.htm

Go Amat!

• GoAmat

GOOD JOB AMAT!!!

• oldschool

@panther fan.I am not even a DB person.I am a walnut guy and from what I see DB has the best class. west covina had a great QB ,but DB has 2 players good enough for varsity.

• The Ghost of L.L.

I would like to ask the Saints fan who said Covina played a “run and gun” defense (whatever that means) how was it playing that style of defense that you said could not hold up against your team?

• http://www.btf.com Not a Colt Fan

I’m not a Colt fan, ( Arroyo ), but I was able to attend Cov. San Dimas game after our Thursday night win. My opinion is it will be a great run for the MVL Title, I like our chances. But ill tell you this about Covina. Even though San Dimas looked good despite their loss Friday, I have to give it to Covina. That team is well coached and the level of discipline is unbelievable. They are the real deal. They have2 of the best players in the division if not the S.G.V. in Ainsworth and Livingston. Those two are like Batman an Robin, Bo and Luke Duke, Martin Lawrence and Will smith, really a site to see how well they lead their team into battle. Yes I know there are other household names that help the Colts, but not anyone on that team shines like these 2. (Livingston, Ainsworth)….. I know its a team thing, but without these 2 Covina is not 9-1 this season. Maybe 6-4(maybe), the way these 2 take charge is a real site to see. They make the rest of the team seem non existent. That’s what myself and the Gent around me thought and were talking about, on the Covina side. But I’ll tell you this, there are some cocky fans over there, C O C K Y…..

• DRanch Man

@Panther pride
    I am indeed a DR parent and have been at nearly every game for the past three seasons. My opinion on DRs offense is spot on and is shared by others who have knowledge of the game. Isiah is a capable QB and should be productive with a short passing game mixed in with our grind and pound run attack. The first series of the Rowland game proved that. This should show coach Layton that our QB and receivers can indeed contribute in high percentage short passes. With this capability our run game can only get better and our opponents ability to adjust to stop us will only diminish. We need to be less predictable like we are on the defensive side of the ball if we are to have any chance against WC.

• wilson

LA is a bust. W.C. will eat you up.

• Not a Colt Fan

Colts shine solely on the backs of Ainsworth and Livingston. Everyone else appears non existent. Not to mention a cocky fan or 2.

• VVL

Without Livingston as proven they have no passing game. Without Ainsworth they would have no running game. I’v seen this team three times now and no one on the defensive or offensive side of the ball stands out.

• The Ghost of L.L.

@not a colt fan

“Colts shine solely on the backs of Ainsworth and Livingston. Everyone else appears non existent.”

that may be the most idiotic statement, well probably ever! to say that everyone else is non existent well you just don’t follow football in this valley. cause to call Venegas (900 yards total offense as well as 15 td’s), Del La Cruz (just constantly moves the chains), and then the big guy Mason (20 catchs, 500 yards receiving, 9 td’s) non existent is just asinine, any who knows a thing about the game understands that those are far from the numbers of guys who are non existent.

Thank you, come again!

• The Ghost of L.L.

@VVL…all they have done with that team that has not one stand out (according to you) is start league 4-0 and just got done bulling San Dimas up and down the field on both sides of the field. I think some of you just either don’t know what good talent look like or just can’t look yourself in the mirror and admit that these kids from covina are dame good.

• DRANCH DAD

DR has a good core of kids. It’s clear that DR will make the playoffs.
    It’s not only blogger’s unhappy with coach’s play calling but parents in the stands and at eating establishments. Fisher was the team and without Fisher DR will not have a chance. Isiah may be able to get off short and I mean short short passes because he has no chance getting anything else off. Not enough time in the pocket. Blocking is bad, no footwork, and lack of arm strength. I’ve seen a 10 yard pass get picked. Def. is ok but will get beat by a physical offensive line we all know that has happened already. Coaches need to make adjustments. And as far as Bryant and his dad goes. speedster, he will never be a Fisher or have Fishers skills. We R DR

• UR Kidding Me, Right?

@ panther pride

“We won’t miss a beat without Fischer.”

really? you’re a fukkin fraud. that’s an insult to that kid.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/354114/andrew-fischer

• VVL

The Ghost of L.L,

Not saying you don’t have a good team, what I’m saying is you have the same team as last year with the same weaknesses. Is there any teams in the Mid-Valley Division that can expose those weaknesses?

Covina does have talent, but by no means the most talented team in the division, not even close.

• Colt74

@The Ghost of L.L,
    It’s just an M-Town fan wanting to pull our chains. If they REALLY wanted to pull chains though they could work the chains at a Covina game. They would get to pull them up and down the field all night long….

Imagine how embarrassing it has to be to watch only 2 players on the Covina team average 35.7 points on offense and only give up 13.6 thru 8 games.

They must be green and white with envy….

• The Ghost of L.L.

@VVL

And I am saying you still have no idea what you are talking about, last season people said Covina’s weakness was the inability to run the football….well this year they have one back who just went over 1000 and another who by time the season is over well be close to that number. Another knock on them last season was they weren’t physical, well ask any team they have played this season if they aren’t physical?!?!?!

You don’t think they are the most talented team in the division, and they may not be. But if it is not them then who is it? And if Covina is not the most talented they are in the conversation for the top spot.

For you to say that it is not even close that they are not the most talented team is the statement of a person who just has a hard time recognizing what good football talent looks like, I mean really they just got done pounding the number three team in the division.

When you are the only one who is making this calim about them not being among the most talented in the division, it means you probably are on the losing side of the debate. Now does that mean the most talented wins the ring all the time, no but it does mean they do have the tools to get it done.

• coltfan97

To VVL and not a colt fan,

Are you guys watching the same Colt team I am watching they have plenty of weapons on offense and defense just ask S.D.You don’t score 39 points against S.D. and only have Livingston and Ainsworth as weapons.You have people like Venegas, Mason , De La Cruz, and more. They just score touchdowns, but they are not weapons right!!! This statement tells me you have a low football I.Q as this statement has no validity to it!!!!! Obviously your jealous of Covina and must be a parent!!!!

• bobbradstreet

I read 146 blogs on the best teams in the SGV. How come no one mentioned the west covina bulldogs, who just happened to beat covina, south hills and bonita.
    go, bulldogs.

• great for the sgv

So I see oldcolt74 is back giving his twisted opinions. This old colt can’t give an opinion or respond without insulting or cussing at someone. Always has to reference what he wants kissed and always asks another male to do it. What a shameful old man.

Great job bishop-should be #1 this week.

• AMAT 73

bobbradstreet,
    Because WC does their talking on the field where it it is proven. Most people on here yapping aren’t to sure of their teams. The ones knocking the good teams haven’t or can’t beat them while they wait for the next match up. Once they meet in league or preseaon and the better team wins and they find a new argument as to why you’re no good. Covina , WC , CO and Damien in the Sierra , Azusa , La Puente and I could add a few more teams , have done what they have to do , win. Believe me I know the argument well . Let the battles in league continue and aside from the Fishbowl jokes one of the benefits of it is you see all the best teams of these post again battle it out on the field in the playoffs. Where it is proven who’s the best .

• Colt74

great for the sgv said:
    “So I see oldcolt74 is back giving his twisted opinions. This old colt can’t give an opinion or respond without insulting or cussing at someone. Always has to reference what he wants kissed and always asks another male to do it. What a shameful old man.”

LOL!

See here “sonny”, that’s the great thing about being an OLDCOLT. You can throw it right back at someone that tells you to “shove it”. But then again, You and your other moniker “Not Since” already know that… :)

Keep trying though. I applaud the effort you put in. An you DO make me laugh.

• Panther leader

Ka-BOOM! did anyone else in the SGV hear that loud boom on Friday night? That was the sound of The Ranch laying the wood on those Raiders. Don’t be surprised to see us kick “Bye’s” a** this week and the following Friday someone better call 911 and report a horse slaughter at Ganisha. Mark my words, the Panthers will be dancing on the WC logo with our Championship trophy come Nov. 10th.
    @UR Kidding me,
    It’s an insult to the rest of our program to suggest that we can’t win without Fischer. We have plenty of talented skilled position players available to pickup the slack. I for one agree with PantherPride, we won’t miss a beat. I think the game on Friday proved that point.

• PantherPride

@DRanch Man
    I think we’re actually on the same page. I believe in coach Layton and especially in the job he has done putting together a great group of talented kids. I also see that 20-0 score he put up against Rowland. I’m just saying that we’re in the drivers’ seat for our own destiny. I know we can open it up more. But I’m not gonna come on here & knock the man for his play calling. We are nowhere near the desperation that some of the parents, the paper or other bloggers are saying. We control our destiny. Let’s take care of business and quit listening to the grandstand coaches. I hear the grumblings too, but the majority seems to come from SOME people who think that they can do a better job (a few of us are tired of that dad running his mouth too). I’m getting tired of hearing that stuff about Fischer being our whole team and that losing him is the end of our season. Andrew is a great kid, but Gibson & Miller are awesome. Our younger talent has me very excited about the future, losing Jones to West Co was a blow though. We have the talent to ride into the playoffs and the possibility is there for us to win out & take league. We’ll ride the D and Isaiah is looking better and better each game. Hang in there and let Coach do his work. We’ll have a celebration when we kick West Co’s —! WE ARE, D R!

• PantherPride

@UR Kidding me, Right!
    Relax, I don’t need to see the kid’s highlight reel to know that he’s fast. He’s a great athlete and is a wonderful track runner. But the injury bug has bit him twice in the same spot & we need to move on without him. Don’t believe the hype about us being through. We are playoff bound and control our own destiny. Take care of business & we’ll make our playoff run as always. Everyone knows we’ll be dangerous. WE ARE, D R!

• DRanch Man

@Panther Pride
    Well said Sir.
    I too dont believe that the loss of Andrew is the end of our team, in fact it is far from it. Addtionally, I tip my hat to coach Layton for his ability to find players strengths and place them where needed when a starter goes down. I do think however that we need to be less predictable on the offensive side of the ball if we are going to be competetive with West Covina in 3 weeks. I hope Roddy believes the same.

• regulator252

@ panther pride and leader,
    It’s no loyalty or support from you two when it comes to Andrew Fisher, an athlete that has accomplished many goals as a high school athlete for the panthers, and has many accolades for DRHS… Damn shame your profile name should be “SELFISH PANTHER” instead of pride, and leader. And the way you keep talking about winning the league championship and how well you do on playoff, remember last year you were the 3rd seated team in the hacienda league and were eliminated on the first round. Before you keep talking about other programs you should concentrate on cleaning your own backyard first…

@ DRanch Dad, I totally agreed with you… DRHS always have great athletes… but it’s sad how many parents are trying to live their lives through their kids and put down others kids in the progress!!!!!!!!!

• Just The Facts Maam

MaxPreps Southern Section Rankings

26 Bishop Amat
    27 Charter Oak
    46 West Covina
    54 Chino Hills
    58 Damien
    85 Covina
    100 South Hills
    114 Los Altos
    116 Glendora
    117 Bonita
    129 Diamond Ranch
    141 San Dimas
    156 Pomona
    160 Monrovia
    168 Whittier Christian
    177 Diamond Bar
    198 La Puente
    254 Azusa

• say it aint so

OMG I just heard that West Covina Just got another running back added to there team. please say it aint so Fred.

• UR Still Kidding Me, Right?

@ panther pride and leader

i never said anything about DR not having the horses to make it to playoffs, or that “the loss of Andrew is the end of your team”

i believe regulator reiterated my point, so i’ll leave it alone. ur still a fraud panther pride, ur just an exposed fraud now, i still say your comments are an insult to that kid, i see a little more than a “decent” athlete on his highlight film

• regulator252

Is funny how panther leader talking about them dancing on the WC mascot after winning league championship, you kidding me right!!! there you go again following your leader “lets talk s**t now and later we just look like morons” WC Bulldogs is a legit powerhouse and is not an easy task playing in their field… you must pass Walnut test first to even consider going to the playoff… Championship trophy is out of the picture…. maybe in the 4, 5 years!!!!!

Bonita great win against Los Altos…

• Aztec Pride

Alright Citrus College 37-30. Let’s go AzusA

• halfback65

Just look at the ranking……I say no more! DR 129….not even in the top 50……go figure and stop sleeping! Wtf up you ppl!

• best in the SGV

Amat definitely shined last Friday at Crespi. The return of Zach Shay, in my eyes, makes Bishop Amat clearly the number one team in the SGV, even with tough loses to Servite and Alemany. Ruiz looked great as did much of the offense, except receiver Joseph Cook. Apparently hes trying to play with a broken hand, and as much as I admire his toughness, dropped pass must be cleaned up at this point in the season. His play, along with the play of Sanchez, will be very key if Amat hopes to make a playoff run this year with its always dependable running game. Hopefully he can rebound from two poor performances against Loyola because the kid has talent and has made some great catches this year. (Just check out the cover of the Alemany game program, awesome catch for those of you who didnt see it) The defense, lead by interceptions by Dionza Blue and Adam Alcantara, played outstanding the entire night and held an explosive Crespi squad to 14 points. This defense, which overall looks much improved from last year, is going to be the difference down the stretch. If they continue flying to the ball like they did last night, Amat will shine again next week against Loyola on their way to a league title, which is still attainable. Go Lancers!

• Dan

Had a great time up in the Sierra’s with my son for the weekend and it looks like I missed out on some good games.
    Amat 73, Joe A., J Cazz & Lancer faithful, nice win at Crespi, I never thought Amat should have been dropped from the top spot for losing by 5 to Alemany, no disrespect to CO cause CO is impressive this year too, but Amat plays and wins in games like this on a pretty regular basis.
    Colt 74, nice win for your Colts too, pretty impressive. People jumped on me earlier in the year for suggesting that Covina was too physical
    for the Mid Valley, there is a ways to go still but I wonder what they’re thinking now. I get a kick out of reading how Covina has to “prove” that they can get by the second round or through the “tough” Olympic schools, I think Covina has already proven that the only team they have to watch out for is themselves or injuries. If they keep playing like this for the rest of the year nobody touches them in the Mid Valley. This is not Covina of last year, the comparison is not even close, this is easily the best Covina team since the Michael Mc “D” years, but over all they may be more physical.
    Bonita nice win over Los Altos,not suprised at all after seeing the Bearcats last week, only bummer is it takes a little luster off of this weeks showdown with West Covina, plus it could make the Conquerers more desperate and dangerous as it lights a fire under them, look what they did too Diamond Ranch after they lost to Walnut, Bulldogs beware!

• Colt74

Bishop Amat BACK in the LA TIMES TOP 25!

Good Job Guys!

• Mid Valley Analysis

Colt 74 still has not said Covina will win the midvalley….and you won’t hear him say anything like that….he will say “Kiss my” or “Shove it”….anything but “Covina Will Win the Midvalley”. He knows if he does say that, and they don’t win it. His little blog wet dream is going to be over, and he won’t be able to come on here and make a fool out of himself anymore. Colt97, said that Covina fans want Covina’s team to prove they can get past the 2nd round….That’s coming from your camp…and I agree with him 100%…Not one team has won anything yet this year…I’ll ask Colt 74 again this week…”Will Covina Win the title this year”? I say, with Monrovia, San dimas, Whittier Christian and Maranatha in the field of 16…The Midvalley is wide open….Right now Whittier Christian has the highlight Win in the Midvalley right now, by knocking off the #1 team. Don’t make me out to be a Covina hater…I’ll make it easier for Colt 74…In order to win a CIF Championship….you have to first make the playoffs….Covina will make the playoffs…next you have to win your first round game…Covina has won a first round game, and will win a first round. Next you move on and have to win a 2nd round game….Covina has not won a 2nd round game in a long time….Will they win in the 2nd round this year? I would say yes. But it has to be done on the field. After that you go on to play in the semis… win that, and then you are in the Finals, and if you win that, you are midvalley champs…So beating West co, Pomona, San dimas, and VVL champs means nothing come Nov . All of this talk about Covina is the best, or Monrovia, Or Whittier Christian, or any team is irrelevant, it’s all fun, and it’s all good…When the playoff pressure kicks in we will see who’s who’s and what’s what’s…so continue on, with Crazy talk about covina blowing everyone out by 30 in the playoffs etc…I think Covina is trying to be the Monrovia of last year and beat everyone by 30 in playoffs lol…Green and white with envy hahah Colt that was good one tho’….But I come back with “hold your horses(ponies)”. It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish baby…..haha

• AMAT 73

WC Dan,Colt74,CO Bro and others,
    Thanks for the props. Another big game this week with Loyola . Can’t rest on the Crespi victory. Enjoy it Friday night remember what got the W and on to getting ready for Loyola.

• Colt74

Mid Valley Anal-ysis said:
    “Colt 74 still has not said Covina will win the midvalley….and you won’t hear him say anything like that….he will say “Kiss my” or “Shove it”….anything but “Covina Will Win the Midvalley”. He knows if he does say that, and they don’t win it. His little blog wet dream is going to be over, and he won’t be able to come on here and make a fool out of himself anymore.”

1. And you won’t. Why would I, and what weight would it carry if I did? Answer that. The Colts destiny is in the Colts hands. You, I, nor anyone else has any bearing or influence on that. Does making a guess and getting it right make you feel more important? If you get it wrong does that ruin your day? You feel the need for others to make predictions and join in your foolishness. Go see a palm reader/psychic . There are MANY in Monrovia.

2. So far the only one that I have continually made a fool out of is you. And if I’m not mistaken a few others also did a pretty good job in this very thread too.

3. Speaking of wet dreams. Do your parents still wish that is what you were?

Your turn…

• Colt74

“so continue on, with Crazy talk about covina blowing everyone out by 30 in the playoffs etc…”

Show me where I said that. I DARE YOU! oh king of misquotes and misdirection.

Here’s what I said :
    “I’d go as far as to say that there is not one team in the Olympic that the Valle Vista top 3 would not beat by 30.”

And that was in reply to your :

“The Olympic league is arguably the toughest league in the Midvalley”

Again, I know how you hate it when I don’t agree with you or bow down to your opinions, but by now I would think that you would be used to it.
    :)

• Mid Valley Analysis

Colt 74…you just don’t have the gonads to say Covina will win it all lol or maybe your pebbles are just tucked between your legs like “Buffalo Bill in Silence of the lambs”….poor little Colt 74…deep in that mind of yours, there is some doubt…Aram and Fred have both went on record and Picked Covina to win it all…just say it…you will feel better…hahah.

• Bonita

Congrats to Aaron Burgett, the senior QB at Bonita who got the start. He has sat and watched GP and now Diebold for 4 years. He did not look prepared against Claremont when Diebold was injured, but looked good on Friday. Not a big arm, but very decisive and accurate. Good job Aaron!!!

• Colt74

Anal Of Mid Valley :

“I don’t think a reporter should give advice or make predictions.”
    Peter Jennings

“Legends of prediction are common throughout the whole Household of Man. Gods speak, spirits speak, computers speak. Oracular ambiguity or statistical probability provides loopholes, and discrepancies are expunged by Faith.”
    Guin, Ursula K. Le

• You’reDullofWit

Colt74

“3. Speaking of wet dreams. Do your parents still wish that is what you were?

Your turn…”

Really?

Grow up already. Act your age. Take the high road. Rise above.

However you want to phrase it. Your act is old, Henny.

• Colt74

You’reDullofWit,
    Would you be terribly distraught if I ignore your attempt at trying to tell me how to act or what to say?
    Good.
    I suppose you could always follow your own advice, take the high road, worry about yourself, and get peace knowing that if I ever need advice on what to say or how to act, you will be the first one I ask.
    Really.

• Panther leader

@ Ur kidding me / Regulator 252 / Mr. Fish
    Nowhere did I put your kid down in any of my posts. All of my posts are about our team not about any 1 player. When a kid goes down with an injury, its next man up. For some reason you act as if everyone at DR should drop to their knees and thank god to be in the presence of your kid. Andrew is a good player and a good kid, nobody is saying anything different, but apparently you feel that he’s the best and only stud on our team and perhaps not everyone agrees with that assessment. Exactly how is it that Im a selfish Panther, Im the one talking about the team and winning a championship while youre the one trying to tell everyone else that they need to pay Hamish to your kid. Im not the one who posted 2 weeks ago about how our coach is so smart because he put the TEAM STUD (your kid) in the backfield against Bonita. Im not the one who posted last week, after a big win, that its going to be difficult for the team to make it to the playoffs without our STUD FISCHER (your kid) but if we do make the playoffs all will good because Fischer (your kid) will be back for the playoffs. Im not the one that took a shot at the entire class of 2014 by saying that we wont be in position to win a championship for the next 4 or 5 years when everyone knows that the class of 2014 is probably the best class in the schools history. Im not the one who is saying that we have no chance at winning the championship this year when everyone knows that after we win the next 2 games we will be 5-1 in league and have the 1st place tie-breaker against WC. It sounds to me like you hope that we dont win so that you can say its because we didnt have your kid on the field at the time. It also sounds like, that when we do win that your afraid your kid wont be the one receiving the accolades for the accomplishment. How exactly is it that Im living vicariously threw my kid? Im not the one that felt the need to post a link to a highlight video about my own kid. In fact I have not posted anything about my kid. Im a team player as are most of the other DR parents. Maybe you should try it sometime. ANDREW IS A GOOD PLAYER, WE WILL MISS HIM, but the TEAM must move on and “the next man up” will pick up the slack.

• GO Colts

‘Ol Colt 74, can’t help it, He wants Covina to win a title so bad, he can taste it…This could be the year…Covina is #1 in the Midvalley, will be VVL Champs, 9-1 and pretty much unstoppable!

“Covina on all cylinders would be a scary sight for just about ANYBODY in the area.”

“Offense just has too much balance for any Mid-Valley foe.”

-Aram Tolegian

“….there should be no doubt who No. 1 is. Pound for pound, nobody’s better.”

-Fred J. Robledo

Covina>San Dimas>Monrovia>Whittier Chrisitian>Maranatha

• DRANCH DAD

Team Player? NEVER Selfish? YES
    Back when your son was a Cowboy you were selfish.
    Jones was the man. Everyone knew it!!!
    WHO WAS THE HEAD COACH? you’re a joke man!
    and now this anything so my kid can shine…

• Midvalley Analysis

My Post from oct 22 regarding end of season rankings…

1.Covina 9-1 VVL Champs(No one is playing better, 18 returners)
    10. La Puente 2nd in montview 9-1(Soft preseaon, plus 2nd place, in Montview hurts their rankings. If they go 10-0 they go to Number 9 and Azusa is out the rankings with So Pas at #10)”

It is starting to line up like i’m predicting. I still think La puente will fall and Whittier Christian and Monrovia will leap frog Arroyo…Lol Colt 74 watch and learn how to break down a division….I think Cif and I are on the same wave length. While you sling mud, and have no clue.

• Midvalley Analysis

RANK SCHOOL (LEAGUE) REC. W/L OPPONENT SCORE
    1. Covina (Valle Vista) 7-1 Won San Dimas 39-21
    2. Arroyo (Mission Valley) 6-1 Won South El Monte 28-7
    3. La Puente (Montview) 7-0 Won Sierra Vista 36-16
    4. Monrovia (Rio Hondo) 4-3 Won Blair 48-0
    5. Whittier Christian (Olympic) 5-3 Won Maranatha 24-21
    6. Maranatha (Olympic) 6-1 Lost Whittier Christian 21-24
    7. San Dimas (Valle Vista) 5-2 Lost Covina 21-39
    8. Pomona (Valle Vista) 5-3 Won Nogales 43-15
    9. Alhambra (Almont) 6-1 Won Schurr 18-8
    10. El Monte (Mission Valley) 5-2 Won Mountain View 50-14

• halfback65

@Panther Leader….serious!!!! class of 2014 really the best in history…..You are an embarrassment to DR parents I truly believe your the reason you lost Jones to WC….get a life dude.

• regulator252

@ panther leader,

You are on fantasy island
    ” the plane, the plane, the plane”
    Get off the F*#*@*g island!!!!!!!!!

you keep putting your foot in your mouth, and the funny thing is that your doing it while trying to clarified yourself. lmao. continue to put DR players down, and past programs of DR that had successful playoff run. I never heard anyone use the term “everyone knows and probably” on the same sentence, but I do understand, you just not sure about your 2014 class “the best in DR history” as you stated.!!! sound more like you are trying to close a sale of a lemon!!!!!
    by the way, hope that Fischer gets well for the playoff, or any injured key player that was part of your normal game plan….
    DR always have great athletes, but parents like you don’t do them any justice. Think before talking!!!!!!!

• Fischer’s Dad

Panther Leader,

Not sure what hang up you have with me (or my kid), but I don’t have time to post under 15 alias’s on this board. If you really knew me you’d know that I am excited, yet humble, about my kids accomplishments, as I expect him to be.

I absolutely want to see DR make it to the playoffs, and they have the Head Coach and players to make that happen, including Gibson, Miller, Bryan, Ramirez, Beltran, Gabb, Ardron, Benjamin, etc. You will hear me rooting as loud for those boys on Friday night as I would for my own.

You have the luxury of hiding behind a screen name, I get that, but for the record I never said any of the things you accuse me of saying in your last post.

God Bless.

WE R DR!!!

• halfback65

May we have a moment of silence please……

• Football Tiger

bobbradstreet said:
    go, bulldogs.

WE HAVE A LOT OF HATER’S –
    SHOW THEM WHAT WE ARE MADE OF – GO GET THEM BULLDOGS

• William Bryan

William Bryan,

Up front I want to say that this is my first and last time on this blog. First of all, if you’re gonna try to use my name, learn how to spell it! Someone appears to be pretending to be me and/or others think that I am one of these cowards hiding under an alias! For the record I would never post any negative information about ANY kid especially Andrew Fischer, who I think is one of the greatest scholar athletes ever, and have much respect and love for his accomplishments and furthermore wish nothing but the best for him. He is and will continue to be a star. Secondly, my son Will Bryan and Sidney Jones, are and will continue to be great friends. And for all of these idiots making incorrect and stupid statements, man up, stop hiding behind kids and a blog! I will not be responding to any more of these childish posts. God Bless you.