Saturday Morning Quarterback: Covina, West Covina and San Dimas dance to the semifinals; Arroyo and Azusa’s dream season ends; Charter Oak goes down hard at Upland

Highlights from La Serna’s win over Los Altos with TDro

Charter Oak’s first big test against a CIF-Southern Section Inland Division powerhouse ended with third-seed Upland showing the Chargers they’re not ready for prime time.
Charter Oak, which rolled through opponents and averaged 50 points since a September loss to Rancho Cucamonga, wore down against the Highlanders’ defense, and could not slow their offense. The Highlanders stepped on the gas in the third quarter to go up 38 points, forcing a running clock in the fourth. (to continue click thread)

Tonight’s results
Inland Division

Upland 51, Charter Oak 13 — They were unfortunate to be down 21-6 at the break after moving up and down the field and coming away with nothing but field goals. The second half Upland overpowered them and Kenny Lawler showed why he’s so good.
Southeast Division
West Covina 55, Pasadena 12 — It’s going to take a team playing out of its mind to beat these guys. They have the unstoppable combination of they’re good, and they know they’re good.
La Mirada 31, Arcadia 28 — There goes the dream West Covina-Arcadia matchup.
La Serna 35, Los Altos 30 — There goes the dream Los Altos-Muir matchup.
Muir 48, Diamond Ranch 0 — The at-large Mustangs have been just as dominating if not more than No. 1 West Covina.

Mid-Valley Division
Covina 49, Alhambra 7 — Did I hear that right, Venegas with six touchdowns? It was the first game in the refrigerator on Coveritlive, setting up the game everyone wants next.
Monrovia 61, Whittier Christian 7 — Are you kidding? I don’t care if Covina won by 42, this was a statement. I felt good about picking the Colts prior to the playoffs, I’m not so sure now.
San Dimas 30, Azusa 23 — I got caught up in the Azusa nostalgia after watching that video like everyone else. But give credit to the Saints, it’s not easy beating a good team twice, and now they have to do it again.
San Gabriel 40, Arroyo 38 — The Knights fell agonizingly short of reaching the semifinals, but they went down swinging, and all-everything Steven Rivera will go down as one of the all-time best. Now San Gabriel gets its shot at San Dimas-San Gabriel II.

PREPXTRA LIVE POSTGAME REWIND WITH ARAM DISCUSSING FRIDAY NIGHT’S SECOND ROUND ACTION

When it was over, Upland quarterback Nate Romine, receiver Kenny
Lawler and running back Donta Abron Jr., were too much, leading Upland to a 51-13 rout over Charter Oak in the second round of the Inland Division playoffs on Friday, advancing the Highlanders to next week’s semifinals against second seed Vista Murrieta.

Romine, who threw all three of his touchdown passes to Lawler, finished with 292 yards passing and Abron Jr., scored four touchdowns and rushed for 191 yards on 32 carries as the Highlanders remained undefeated, improving to 12-0. Lawler, who verbaled to Arizona State, had five receptions for 196 yards to go with his three TDs. Charter Oak, which finishes 10-2, had trouble in the red zone in the first half and were thoroughly beaten in the second.

Santiago finished with 291 yards and a TD pass, and Kurt Scoby had a decent night, rushing for 125 yards, but the Chargers couldn’t get in the endzone until the final moments.

“It wasn’t so much a difficult task, they’re a very good football team and we were not not lucky enough tonight.” Charter Oak coach Lou Farrar said. “We’ve never been in the red zone that many times and not scored. We shot ourselves in the foot.

“Some nights the football Gods aren’t going to let the ball bounce your way. But give them credit, they had a better team tonight than we did. What are you going to do? When you have young kids in a big ballgame, bad things happen.”

Upland started with good field position, blocking Charter Oak’s punt after the Chargers went three-and-out on its opening possession, recovering it at the Chargers’ 13.

It didn’t take long to cash it in. After a couple runs, Abron Jr. scored on a one-yard touchdown run to make it 7-0.

After Charter Oak’s Jack Schneider missed a 39-yard field goal, Upland came right back.
Romine connected on a 30-yard pass to Lawler to the Chargers’ 30, and three plays later, Abron Jr., scored on a 20-yard run up the middle to extend the Highlanders’ lead to 14-0 with 4:37 left in thefirst quarter.

Charter ruined an impressive drive and the chance to cut the lead in half when Santiago was sacked on third and goal from the six. But the Chargers didn’t come away empty handed. Schneider booted a 35-yard field goal as time expired to end the first quarter, trimming the Highlanders’ lead to 14-3.

Charter Oak wasted another opportunity in the red zone, failing to score after driving to the 7. After Santiago’s third-down pass was incomplete, Schneider booted a 24-yard field goal cut the Highlanders’ lead to 14-6 with 2:24 until half.

The Chargers had another chance to get in the endzone before the half, but couldn’t capitalize in the final two minutes.

After the Chargers’ Jonathan Thropay picked Romine at their own 47 with 1:44 left, Santiago gave it right back, throwing an INT to Upland’s Delvin Batiste, who returned it to the Highlanders’ own45 with 1:31 left.

After a couple runs, Romine let it fly down the right side and Lawler made a circus catch over a defender and scored for a 43-yard reception with 37 seconds left in the half — a back-breaker for the Chargers that left them trailing 21-6 at the break.

Pinned on the one after a punt, the Chargers’ Scoby couldn’t get out of the endzone, taken down for a safety to extend the Highlanders’ lead to 23-6 midway through the third quarter.

After getting it back on the ensuing punt, Upland connected on its first pass, a Romine to Lawler 48-yard touchdown pass play to move ahead 30-6 with 5:50 left in third and the rout was on.

• http://uplandfan@yahoo.com upland fan

Lights out for CO tonight!!!

The boys are ready and focused. Should be a great game but Uplands gonna be a little too much for CO.

I just hope Aram and the SGV staff will still cover our games.

UPLAND 38 – CO 17

• Texas tech Not UCLA

I think Travis Santiago and Farrar should look into contacting Texas Tech…Their system is taylor made for his style of play…and the Big 12 has played several 6ft QB’s. UCLA may not be running that Offense next year… Just a thought.

• Bonita fan

Well another week of High school football. Some great game to be played tonight. Was going to the CO vs Upland game but when I heard that it was going to be televised by fox this week. I think I’ll head to Glendora and the San Dimas vs Azusa game. Pick up a Petrillos pizza and tail gate it so I get a good seat. I seen both of them play this year twice and I have to give the game a toss up though because of the BUSD connection I would hope the Saints come out on top.

• super dave

no cif title again this year for charter oak. now they know the feeling after beating up lesser opponents for years in weaker leagues. charter oak will be in the inland division for years and year after year wont win anything

• Fred Robledo

Final Score Prediction: Charter Oak 35, Upland 31

• John

(don’t know if this has been posted)Congratulations to Jalen Moore, Sal Velasquez, and Ajee Montes for being named to All Serra League First Team.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/varsitytimesinsider/2011/11/football-kyle-devaughn-is-serra-league-mvp.html

And good luck to the SGV tonight!

• SGV FOOTBALL

Freddy,

Now were talking baby!

• RO84

Hey Super Dave,

CO went is 10-1 this year, undefeated in league play and has a playoff win already, so as far as beating up on teams in weaker leagues, we moved up to the inland and beat up on those teams too….and while we may not win it all, we have and will continue to earn respect….

• Johnny

TC Bruin, Tom, Bob and wives, will be at Citrus tonight. Hope to see you there !

• Colt74

Ok Colts. Seems no one from across the 605 thinks too highly of you. Hope you change their perceptions tonight. Have a great game and play safe.

“It’s the same old story
    Never get a second chance
    For a dance to the top of the hill

Baby I’m a dreamer
    Found my horse and carriage”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPRJVl7nCY4&feature=related

• Salesian Mustang ’77

Best of luck to former Salesian alumni and current coach over at Alhambra Louie “TANK” Torres. Back in the day he was a beast of a football player for the Mustangs. Coach Torres followed his Mustang mentor and former coach over to Alhambra and has been there ever since. I know the Colts are tough but I know if the Moors play like two two men did in their day it was be an all out affair.

Way to go Coach Torres, you’re adding to the strong legacy of outstanding former Mustangs, players and coaches, who continue to mold boys into men.

No prediction…just a great game.

• reality

RO84 – until this past week you really haven’t played an Inland Schedule. Just because the Sierra League now is in the Inland doesn’t change the teams in the. They are still an SGV League. You can’t really call South Hills, Ayala, Damien, and Claremont (who they dropped from the Baseline – the stronger of those two leagues) a higher level of play. Prior to this week CO has played the same kind of schedule as always and they got their 1st round win vs a school that hasn’t won a 1st round game since 2007. This week we’ll see how you do with the “move up”

Fun Fact: CO didn’t beat a single team that’s still alive in the playoffs. THAT tells you the strength of that schedule

• Colt74

Salesian Mustang ’77 ,
    Agree. Coach Torres. 27 years and counting. Coach Torres “IS” Alhambra football and the Moors deserve him.

My prediction: A good game.

• Fred Robledo

A Charter Oak win would be huge, Upland is ranked fifth in the state by Maxpreps and Calpreps …

• D-Mo

Fred, a Charter Oak win IS going to be huge.
    CO!

• LS Lancer 81

To all of the men of the 2011 Los Altos Football team.

First let me congratulate you for a incredible accomplishment of turning around not only your win loss record but an expectation for success at your school. Each one of you and your coaches must be commended for continuing to work hard day after day in the face of dismissive and derogatory comments. It is always the sweetest feeling to prove those self appointed experts that they may know history but they don’t know you. No matter what happens, no one can take away what you have accomplished.

As a long time supporter of La Serna High School, I am proud that our teams will be meeting for advancement in the CIF Div VII playoffs. I do believe that La Serna will combine an outstanding hard hitting Defense with a very fast and tenacious offense for a big win tonight. My prediction is LA 28 LS 37.

In any case, win or lose, build memories to last a lifetime and may the game be played injury free. Best of Luck.

• AZTEC PRIDE

Alright here we GO AZTECS. Fans are all behind. EARN THIS!!! AzusA Football

• Aztec Pride

Almost forgot to say!!! AZUSA IN COVERIT !!!! Team from the MONTVIEW LEAGUE!!! HISTORY, Good Looking Fred!!! AZUSA FOOTBALL let’s get the W!!!! AZTEC PRIDE!

• inland dude

Upland is overated.they are great but not a number 5 team in the state. there only good win comes against Loyola who also lost to Alemany and HB,a team that only scored 14 points against amat and 21 against upland.I dont see it being a hard task for charter oak who is playing perfect offense. now when charter oak has to play REV, Corona Centenial and Vista.that it is where I think they are going to have trouble. corona centenial might have a loss but they played more challenging games than upland in preseason and league. Rev is also undefeated and beat mission viejo a way better team than loyola.

• SGV FOOTBALL FAN

Good luck to all teams playing tonight.

Upland beats CO BIG

WCovina big over Pasadena
    Muir will end Diamond Ranch season
    La Mirada beats Arcadia
    Los Altos edges La Serna

Azusa vs San Dimas ???
    Covina vs Alhambra not going to be an easy win for Covina
    Monrovia will be stunned by Whittier Christian
    San Gabriel beats Arroyo Rivera breaks the record

• jcaz

Good luck Charter Oak, make the SGV shine tonight !

• Tv viewer

Watching the CO game, time to change the channel……boring…..Charter Oak is getting choked!

• An Observation

Flew back in from Thanksgiving in Hawaii to say this….
    AZTEC PRIDE….TWO AND DONE FOR THE MONTVIEW LEAGUE CHAMPION x4.
    Congrats Big Boy after your done telling us how good you guys are and what a great team you have for beating up on nobodies and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.
    Will you finally shut up, my guess is NO.
    Congrats Campion x4!!! Go root for your Raideres you cortez wearing loser!

• P-Town

Monrovia will be stunned?????? Monrovia is too much. Again I’m calling it Back2Back champs goes to M-Town

• Nate

Wait a minute. Is that score correct? 48-0 Muir???

• AZTEC PRIDE

Great Game tonight! That’s what Football is all about! AZUSA, will always be A class act in my book! To the Coaches, Cant say enough and each Year continue to get closer! Tough lost but Classic game!

Fred this BLOG is also a Class act and the AZUSA FANS appreciate the PRESS COVERAGE! Your all right Fred, and this Blog is what Football is all about to voice your opinions!

Tough to see the seniors go out like that! good job though and you played your hearts out! In this game it’s to bad somebody has to Lose! But that’s FOOTBALL and is the Greatest Game Ever!

AZUSA FOOTBALL!

AZTEC PRIDE! GOOD NIGHT FOLKS!!!

• Observer guy

Look “an observerin guy” you don’t have to fly in from Hawaii from posting things over the Internet. Shows your an imature young dumb teen who thinks they are untouchable as you grow up you will learn that.

P.s I had to fly in from New York to post this duuuuuurrrrhhh lol.

• coltfan97

P-Town your just jealous dude!!!!!! Why wouldn’t you cheer for the VVL??? No wonder why you are hated on these blogs!!!!!

• Aztec Alumni

Awesome game. Too bad we lost, it could have gone either way. It certainly wasn’t a blow out that everyone was predicting.

• 12th man

Fred,
    Which game was more impressive?? Amat vs SM or CO vs Upland?? Almost makes you want to recalculate the rankings if Servite doesn’t lose tonight…

• 12th man

Rivera went down swinging!! Deserves POY~

• oldschool

Lawler just ripped CO oak. now CO knows what Amat faced most of the year. I dont think CO will be able to hang in the Inland . every year those top teams are on top and this very good CO team just cannot handle this talent. welcome to Amats world.

• mike jackson 23

The way you make me feel… Diamond Ranch tuff loss!!! You kids worked hard and came up short. Now you know what a true hood beating feels like.
    You got spanked by some true hood brothas

• Truth hurts

Charter Oak got smashed tonight! Game wasn’t even close at all. I thought it’d be much more competetive. Boring game really unless you’re an Upland fan. What’s the biggest win for Choak this year?…Santiago?! The team’s most impressive game was actually a close loss to Rancho.

• Karma

Classic! CO has been running up scores and throwing the ball deep late in the game with big leads all year! What happens tonight? U-High gives the old man a taste of his own medicine. Karma bites you in the a**! Good night Chokes! Good night Sierra League!

• Salesian Mustangs ’77

Battle of the Mustangs

(10-2) Salesian Mustangs 42
    (10-2) Mojave Mustangs 28

In a back and forth 28 all game the Salesian Mustangs put together two final drives to beat a committed Mojave team with no quit in them.

Salesian plays (10-2) Desert Christian who beat #1 seed (10-2) Bishop 14-7. This should be a great game!

Congratulations to the Salesian Mustangs and Head Coach Roddy Hiatt who continues to rebuild teams every where he goes.

Packed house tonight so let’s see if we can bring some Salesian Pride out to Lancaster and rock the house!!!

• CO Bro

Upland is a bada$$ team, they beat our a$$! Good year Co, we will be back stronger next year. I don’t like cocky players and #1 from upland was one of the worst I’ve seen in a long time.

• Where’s Amat Bully At?

Where u at Amat Bully, what a joke? CO and Amat suck!

• The U

Hey unforseen speed, I must have missed you tonight (lmao)…Like I said, you had no idea what was about to hit you….Before you go running your mouth, you might want to get out of your fishbowl and see what real teams are made of….Enough said on that topic……SCOTS OUT 51-6 real score

• Inland is real

Another step-up game for Charter Oak and they fall short once again…waaaaay short. The Fox Sports West announcers even said Charter Oak gave up in the third quarter. They had enough. Where’s the spirit, where’s the fight? What happened to “they don’t want no part of valley football?!” And this is supposed to be the San Gabriel Valley’s best? I’ve been reading this blog from time to time and was surprised Charter Oak was ranked higher than Amat. For the record, I’m not an Amat homer but if you’re talking about the best to come from your area, then it’s Amat. They play and win step-up games and have beaten Inland teams like Rancho, Redlands, and Redlands East Valley. At least Amat went down swinging and made it a game against SM. Charter Oak just went down and made it a spectacle. Way to represent the SGV for all to see lol!

• IE

CO: CH came out and represented the Sierra and lost by a hailmary you came out and got roasted not by one point but by 40 lol and you say you own the IE? Face it you were over rated all year running up scores on Weak teams. The truth hurts!! CH-38 RC-39. CO-13 U-100

• Bob

I hate to say it BUT this was a ‘GOOD” CO team that lost big tonight against very good Upland. CO hand- picks it preseason games, are not in any close games during the year and it caught up with them tonight.They MUST upgrade their preseason games or this will happen again & again. They must know how to react when a good team slugs them in the mouth.Don get me wrong this Upland team is LOADED with talent! But until they do something about their schedule, get use to ” ONE & DONE’.

• The U

You knew C.O. was in trouble when they show walking across the field carrying their gear like it was a pop warner game….Kinda embarrassing to see the whole team quitting in the 3rd quarter……

• Not Surprised

Like most of the SGV, Charter Oak fans, like Amat Bully, know absolutely nothing about playing the best teams ranked in the state of California. Perhaps the SGV has gained a better perspective and a new appreciation for the SGV’s sole representative (Bishop Amat) in the Pac-5…the #1 division in California as well as the #7 division in the entire country.

Lou Farrar has spent his entire career dodging this type of competition and tonight was definitely an eye opener as to the level of football Charter Oak is at. Geezus, Loyola would have smashed Charter Oak too.

Servite was the #2 ranked team in California …they lost to #27 Tesoro tonight. Such is life in the Pac-5. Such is life that very few can comprehend in our little Fish Bowl of the SGV.

Welcome to Amat’s world.

• SGV FOOTBALL IS WEAK!!!!

YOUR #1 team, Charter Oak ,got mercied (are you kidding me???) in the 2nd round of CIF and Amat came in 3rd in league (tied) and lost in the 3rd round…wow. These are your SGV powerhouses? SGV = Small time football….worst football in So Cal!

• Bad Sign !!

2nd round of CIF Playoff game and you get a delay of game foul “ON THE 1ST PLAY OF THE GAME????

• dave smith

nice prediction fred 35-31 charter choak please.
    you guys had been drinking the CO kool-aid all year! and look now, in your faces. ha ha ha, thats karma baby! they quit in the third, no heart! they should have stayed in the sgv!

• GoAmat

Welcome to the real world CO!! You guys would of had a chance if the team would of showed up. Now you guys can watch the rest of the schools from the stands like us Lancers.

• Wut wut

Amat was only down by 3 points heading into the 4th quarter when they played and lost to Santa Margarita. SM just beat the shit out of Long Beach Poly. Enough said.

BA = #1 team in the SGV.

• Wut wut

Amat was only down by 3 points heading into the 4th quarter when they played and lost to Santa Margarita. SM just beat the crap out of Long Beach Poly. Enough said.

BA = #1 team in the SGV.

• Conq’76

The actual final score of LA v. La Serna was La Serna 42- LA 38

• Johnny

I’ll tell you what I think.

Time to crown a new number one, and that’s West covina.

No more paper tigers.

• I Tried To Luv Charter Oak but they stink ( AKA WTF?)

Man I was really shocked to see those slow Upland kids running by all that Charter Oak speed! LMAO – Where are you CO Charger Fan? did you knock yourself out trying to jump off the band wagon? Hate to say I told you so but after I told you so? Now excuses please. But please note you are only limited to 2 or 3 and your long snapper isn’t one of them.

• Observations

-Charter Oak clearly overmatched in the Inland Division. This season they beat the same kinda teams as before until tonight. Didn’t really “step up”. Not ready for prime time. Never a ball game. At all. Running clock. No fight. A bit embarrassing. The talk about dropping Charter Oak and the Sierra league from the Inland Division is probably a good idea.

-Long Beach Poly must really suck to lose that big to Santa Margarita. Is that what the fish Bowl is prepared to say? Long Beach Poly doesn’t belong in the Pac 5 now? Looks like we co uld see a Tesoro/Santa Margarita final and SM just might win this thing.

-Didn’t someone pick Arcadia to win the Southeast? La Mirada doesn’t seem to be so much of a “cupcake” after all, do they?

- bully and chargerfan – - – well, never mind.

-The SGV picture becomes much clearer in the playoffs when teams start to play better teams. You cannot hide in the playoffs and the truth is revealed. The “transitive property” doesn’t always hold true, but comparing scores and the way the games went does shed some light on the relative power of our top teams.

- Looks like nothing has changed and the team that has dominated the SGV on the field in the past decade just might have turned out to still be the best, regardless of record.

• Observations

• the SGV

how is Charter Oak ever going to compete in the Inland. how is Amat ever going to compete in the Pac 5 with those huge south orange county teams and Serra league teams that have D1 wide receivers every year.I am embarrassed how bad are so called number 1 team lost tonight. Aram was talking so much on how much skill players CO has and how Amat did not have any skill players. now its looking like CO skill players where a product of weak schedule.Scoby looked ok, but a running back that small should be a lot quicker if he wants to play D1 ball. I knew Lawler would dominate the game for Upland. he is mentioned as a top 10 receiver along with Bryce triggs,gabriel marks, darius Rogers, steven mitchell ,and Chris Harper all from Pac 5 . Amat faced 3 of those mentioned receivers. the 3 top inland division teams are left with just ReV being upset. what a great game its going to be againts vista and Upland. also look for an all south orange county final in the Pac 5.

• truth

Ill be the first to say it.Bishop would have pwned Long Beach Poly. No one else can come close to claiming that. the pac5 was too much this year.

• more observations

Good season Charter Oak but you weren’t ready for the prime time. I wasn’t expecting CO to win it all but I was certain it’ll be a great game. I was wrong. Everybody watching television saw you guys quit in the second half. Hats off to Upland and their #1 receiver but that player is an unsportsmanlike conduct waiting to happen. The San Gabriel Valley has pie in their face.

• Paul Revere.

Hey Covina Grrrr! Uh oh….Grrrr.

• Robin

Thanks to CO (and of course our UHS fans) we had our highest jackpot ever…$2155 to the winner, a CO fan…ticket was picked by Coach Ryan from CO…congrats UHS on your advance to the next level!

• 12th man

Fred,
    Records go out the window now!! You have seen the top 2 teams in the SGV play against elite opponents in their respected divisions (Charter Oak vs Upland..Inland div.) and (Bishop Amat vs Santa Margarita..pac5) so forget about the records & decide on who would win on a BA vs CO game.. Remember your basing it on what you seen last week & on tonights game?? One more thing…If Servite would have won tonight i think you almost have to give Amat the higher ranking…

• It’s Easy

It’s very simple folks!

If you want your kid to play Pac-5 type of schools, send him to a Pac-5 school equipped with Pac-5 coaches.

• LOL

Carson was destroyed by Long Beach Poly 38-18. Long Beach Poly was just annihilated by Santa Margarita!

• No excuses

I am so tired of Lou using youth as an excuse.
    “What are you going to do? When you have young kids in a bigballgame, bad things happen”
    MAYBE, If they palyed in a “bigballgame” more often it wouldn’t be a big deal when they finally did!

• coltfan97

Paul Revere it will be a great game next week!!!!! I can’t wait!!!!!! See you guys next week!!!!!

• …and

…and Santa Margarita was clinging to 3 pt lead in the 4th quarter and Amat had the momentum. Go figure

• Paul Revere.

Colt 97 and Colt 74… you wanted it …you got it… Grrrrrr.

• coltfan97

Your right I wanted this game!!!!! In words of Ric Flair “In order to be the man, you have to beat the man.” No trash talking from this week!!!!!! Wait a minute here I will try my hardest not to talk trash this whole week!!!!

• West Side

Wow Muir, WoW Monrovia.

• just saying

Just want to say congratulations to CO for a great season. I guess Upland wanted it more than you guys. They are a great football team with a lot of talent but #1 needs to show a bit more humility. He is one of the cockiest players I have seen all year.

• Colt74

Thanks Fred! You just won me $20!I bet that in the playoffs if Covina got to play Monrovia you would jump ship faster than a bottle of Vicodin would be empty at Courtney Love’s house.

“I felt good about picking the Colts prior to the playoffs, I’m not so sure now.”

“But give credit to the Saints, it’s not easy beating a good team twice, and now they have to do it again.”

I know you are not talking about them beating Covina again…lol

Don’t worry…you picked Charter Oak and Azusa and look what happened. Aram took the lead back by 1. Plus…I’d rather have the $20…lol

• CO Finally Makes LA Times!!!

Football: Upland routs Charter Oak
    November 25, 2011 | 10:29 pm

Upland is 12-0 after a 51-13 rout of Charter Oak in a quarterfinal game of the Inland Division and very much in the mix for a CIF state championship bowl game.

Donta Abron Jr. rushed for four touchdowns and Kenny Lawler caught three TDs, including 48 and 43 yards.

– Eric Sondheimer

This one was for you, Amat Bully. Congrats on representing your school throughout the season!!!

• Colt74

Crud! My buddy messaged me and reminded me that San Dimas already beat San Gabriel and that is who you are talking about beating a second time again……
    I knew that girl wanting to do tequila shots after Celebrating Covinas win would be a bad idea…

Dooooohhhhhhhh! I already had his money spent too….

Pick Monrovia
    Pick Monrovia
    ( Subliminal message )
    Pick Monrovia
    Pick Monrovia

• could care less

I have a ton of respect for Charter Oak. A ton of respect for who they are and the product that they put on the field every friday night. BUT….. I told you after the rancho game that they were to soft. They made Upland look like the AFC west champions. TOO SOFT.. Same problems as before, can’t punch it in the end zone when in the red zone and with the best QB in the area I think this has to be put on the coaches.

They got comfortable scoring big on the little Sierra league and are more than happy to get into talent matchups with teams like Santiago. But when it comes to big league football they showed that they belong in the Mid Valley. As I said months ago, CO is built for passing tournaments in the summer, not Friday night.

• http://www.twitter.com/SGVtylerd tDro

http://youtu.be/FNZ76GLWriw

Highlights/ interviews from La Serna’s come-from-behind 42-38 win over Los Altos. The Lancers outscored Los Altos 21-8 during their furious fourth quarter rally in which their were three lead changes. Los Altos was left to drive 70 yards with 1:02 to play in the fourth needing a touchdown and came up just short. Outstanding performances from both teams and an absolutely electric atmosphere at Los Altos High School. Honestly, it was an outstanding year for Los Altos. Going from 0-10 to six yards away from the CIF- SS Southeast Division semifinals.

Follow along on Twitter all year long:

@SGVtylerd

• COChargerfan

First of all, congratulations to CO for your excellent season and to Upland good luck as your journey continues.

No excuses, but CO needed to play a near perfect game to win and the early mistakes and failure to score doomed them against a talented team.

I find it absolutely hilarious that just because CO lost to the #1 seeded team in the entire Inland who will end up ranked in the top 5 in the entire state, a bunch of you knuckleheads start posting garbage that they stink, the Inland rules, can’t compete at that level, blah, blah, blah. The fact of the matter is that little old SGV based CO with half of Upland’s enrollment is better than 99% of the Inland teams.

• THE U

The Upland-Charter Oak game was a joke.When will not ready fore prime time teams learn to stay out of the Baseline Leage.

• COChargerfan

THE U…just wondering if you actually play for Upland High? If not, they have a top notch team this year so enjoy it as a fan and please stop being a total jackass about it. I, for one, would like to root for the team but you are making it difficult to do so.

And like I said, just because CO isn’t better than the top teams in the Inland doesn’t mean they can’t compete in the division, because, they already proved that.

U, time to start sweating cuz here comes VM…

• Here we go again!

Typical Amat fans…could have, should have, would have, if!!!! I thought these arrogant fans where done two weeks ago? Next year they will suck harder and still claim to be the best high school football team on the planet… On paper that is!

• P-Town

Colt 97: I’m not jealous, and I actually am chearing for a VVL Championship. But I’m not blind nor am I dumb. Monrovia is just too Big, Fast,and Talented. It’s not jealousy, its facts. You won’t be able to deny at about 10pm after you play them.

• UCLA

champs rise: In big games top athletes rise to the occasions that’s the reality of sports. It doesn’t matter what you do in games against under. 500 teams its about what you do when it’s all on the line.

• empire strikes back

@cocharger fan.i agree with you that co belongs in the inland because they are the best in a league that plays in the inland,but charter oak cannot beat 99 percent of inland teams.they can beat the weak sierra league teams and the some of the weaker inland teams that make playoffs as 3rd place teams.but never will they beat the elite teams like vista,upland,rancho,CC,REv and even norco. this is a division where getting to the semis is very tough. getting to the quarters is very easy because the 3rd place teams are very weak in the inland,but once you get to the quarters,every game gets tough in the division. its going to be tough for you next year without travis santiago.

• cup noodles

Noodles who?
    Darick homles jr is the freshman of the year.noodles is a jv all american. Holmes is cashing in varsity touchdowns. He can run between tackles or run by you in the open field. On to the next!
    Stang nation!!

• CO alumni

ONLY FOR REAL HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FANS: Congrats to Upland, they played a phenomenal game. They are a really talented team with a lot of upper class men who got the job done last night. From the side line it looked like their playmakers made more plays than Charter Oak’s.
    Uplands team looked a lot like Charter Oak’s 2009 CIF championship team, a bunch of D1 guys playing in their last playoffs together and playing with passion.
    It was frustrating to see the CO offense roll down the field on offense with great play calling only to come up short in the redzone. It was clear last night that CO had enough skill on offense to play with any team in the Inland empire, prolly any team in the state. When you have only 2 seniors on Defense in a big game like last night it shows up more than any other game. Lou Farrar has not only PLAYED a lot of football but he has coached for over 30 years and has prolly seen more football than any blogger on this blog, you have to believe he understands having a young team, and the struggles young teams face in a big games vs top opponents.
    FINAL TAKE: A year ago when CO moved leagues, nobody gave them a chance, their team was full of sophomores and got beat up by Claremont and Chino Hills, the leagues supposed “power houses” and was outed in the first round. Fast Forward a year and CO dominates this new league everybody said CO couldn’t compete in and dominates in the first round of the playoffs in the new division .
    If you are Lou Farrar, and a charger fan you have to be happy about this seasons accomplishments and exited about next season. Even though this year wasn’t CO’s year, you can see the progression and the growth of this team. I played a little bit of football in my time. In 04 I was on a team with a lot of young players with great talent didn’t do well in the playoffs. in 05 the following year we played well but lost in the second round of playoffs. In 06 when all us young players grew up and experienced some big games, we did well and finally one the big game…. THE SUPER BOWL.
    Next year can be a similar year for CO….

• Ceeee-oooooch Interested but not vested

Charter Oak is a great program…Not a Inland program…Chino Hills is a true inland program, and should not be dropped down for CO’s Sake. CO Just does not have the talent Pool….they are not big up front, Bishop Amat Is clearly the Best team in the SGV…I am not Saying that UPland is not talented because they are sick…But Like Amat…they play big games every week…Now that Santiago is gone, CO will not be Sierra league champs next year ….they lose to Damien and Chino Hills, and Possible Claremont. They are going to be extremely small…well besides Thropay and Gilchirst and Bobo….they average 5’8. As I predicted Santiago had no time…Lawler/Vaughns Matchup was a mismatch, and Lawler would hold Gilchrist in check…I also said that….Abron jr With Powell blocking for him would have a big night in the power game…I expected CO to be creative…but it looks like they thought they were in the Same Speed and Class Category as upland… But really they needed to play a grinding style, to keep the much More explosive team O off the field…No Full Back, No Power game…No Power Game, No Championship…As you could see they could not punch it in, or get tough yards…I expected a shoot out, but it was a just target practice for upland…I think the Farrars know what talent they do have… they get it from other places…But they will never get 8 or 9 Players from the Monrovia-Pasadena Areas again….That’s how they won…Those schools have made a strong case to their local talent by both going to semis in their respective divisions….CO good season, but it is evident now, that you are a central team….not Inland…and next year they would not be able to win the Central either…

• bob bradstreet

Saturday morning is always a good day for me. I
    love to wake up,get my coffee and read all the sports in the tribune.
    What a dissapointment today is. The Trib had a small article about w.covina’s win, abig article about CO getting killed,and very little about other teams.
    I guess w.covina plays la mirada next week, but where? where was the write-up on la mirada
    arcadia. gee……….

• tommykiss

Great Season Charter Oak,
    Here are the Interviews and Highlights from last nights Inland Division Playoff game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3M2807mXew

The Inland Insider

• Wow!

Wow!

Lou Farrar said he was “Embarrassed” at how they played on National TV.

That says it all.

He also said that Upland was bigger, stronger, and faster than his team and they just have better athletes.

I kinda of took it as him saying, “We just aren’t that good”.

Haven’t heard a head coach talk like that in a long while.

• http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvfootball Aram Tolegian

I’m gonna make this real clear about Charter Oak. It’s what I’ve said all season:

Charter Oak: Inland/PAC-5 division skill players.
    Charter Oak: Southeast Division linemen and depth.

You have to have both line and skill guys in the Inland/PAC-5.

(Same can be said for Amat)

((Think back to my column of a month or so ago about linemen and why Amat/CO aren’t going far in their divisions))

• chino hills

last 4 CIF losses : all have been by last second plays, sucks but kept it close. Except top ranked corona cent last year but we still but we still put up 21 on them. You can bash us all u want least we compete year after year.

• wut?

COChargerfan

Please tell us how has Charter Oak proven that they can compete in the Inland? Charter Oak can barely handle Glendora let alone the best of the Inland.

CO has failed to beat Rancho Cucamonga several years in a row now.

CO almost lost to 3-7 Corona Roosevelt who was without their All-Everything QB, was decimated in league play, and did not make the playoffs. They even lost to Corona Santiago.

CO did rout 3rd place Santiago but so what?…Santiago also lost to Chino Hills and got spanked by Vista Murrieta.

If you’re implying that CO can compete in the Inland because they beat Corona Santiago, you sir, are living in an alternate reality.

CO has yet to win the “big game”…heck! CO has yet to SCHEDULE the “big game.” And judging by Farrar’s track record, I don’t think we’ll be seeing anything different next season or the season after.

• COChargerfan

Empire, the 99% was a typo and meant to say 90%Only 4 Inland teams ranked above CO of the 32 teams so that puts them a shade under being in top 90%. And Norco being better is nonsensethey lost to Santiagoenough said?

Ceeee-oooooch Interested but not vestedyoure insane if you think that CO is a Central team. Read the rankings, CO is 5th in the INLANDthats per Maxpreps and not some jaded fans opinion…and have you already forgotten that they just won the Sierra League? Maybe you should take a look Chino High who was the doormat of the Sierra League when they left after the 2009 season but instantly became a very competitive playoff team when they moved into the post-2009 Central.

As for next year, CO has big shoes to fill in Santiago and Gilchrist but almost the rest of the starters (many were just sophomores) are backplus they add Hausersorry doubters, they are going to be a much better TEAM next year. And vested, same wrong stuff about CO not getting any more transfers was written in 2009howd that work out? BTW, any truth to the rumors about some Amat kids transferring?

Im a big believer in the Inland teams and have always said that they are some of the best in the stateso how does CO losing to the #1 ranked Inland team (#5 in the State and moving up) make them a bad team that cant compete?

• Cong ’76

Upland is obviously a phenomenal team this year, possibly one for the ages. Few teams could keep up with them this year let alone beat them. So, in my opinion, CO could have competed with an overwhelming majority of Inland teams this year, and that majority of teams would have lost big to Upland.

I am rooting for Upland to beat Centennial and possibly getting the nod for a State Championship game. But I do think either of these programs would represent Southern ca well in a State championship game.

• RO84

I love how everyone jumps on CO for getting beaten last night….last I checked, Upland is #6 in the state and top 35 in the country….we shouldn’t even be in a division to play against teams like that….we have 1,800 students, most of the inland schools have over 4,000…we also don’t recruit or get the players that mommy and daddy can send to us because they have money….we play with what we have, and we have won everywhere we have ever been put, ya we got beat by a top 5 team….man we suck….I’ll take wins earned vs wins gained by money or population any day of the week….CO EARNS every win they get, and just because they beat other teams that have similar enrollment as us doesn’t mean we beat weak teams…we moved up to the Sierra League, we knocked off EVERYONE in it including the defending champs in our 2nd year, and we get NO respect….we have every disadvantage going against us, and we made it to the final 8 in the Inland division….I’m pretty proud of that….so while all you clowns from teams we always beat (WC), or the ones from teams that made the playoffs thanks to coin flips, talk crap about my team….just remember we went farther than you (BA) with less to work with, and one of the reasons we aren’t still punking you (WC) is because you cried that we were too good to get us moved up….meanwhile we moved up and won ANOTHER division….oh and BTW I guess Servite sucks too since they got beat by a team ranked below us…..friggin morons….see you all next year…

• AZTEC PRIDE

Hold the press Fred! THE VIDEO??? and Im not trying to be sarcastic here! Well Fred, let me see here, YOUR TRIBSKIN PICKEM came out Monday Morning and you picked AZUSA to win. The Video came out on 11-23-2011, Wednesday, who ARAM posted on his Blog and you posted it on yours the same day? So after reading your SATURDAY morning input about all the playoff games, well you make it sound like the AZUSA FOOTBALL TEAM, HOOD-WINKED , (everyone) and thats the farthest from the TRUTH!

Yes I know score board dont lie, and the Would of, Could of, Should of, factors in, but I have yet to see one San Dimas Fan say anything stating AZUSA was not the TEAM from the VIDEO and it was all hype!
    IM sorry Fred, but there are some bloggers that do read your articles and take it to heart so to speak! Ill end with this and state that was a great game and would like to hear from some San Dimas fans on their view of the GAME!
    Hold your heads up high Coaches and AZTECS, you played a great game last night and the VIDEO actually seemed to put AZUSA in a different perspective on here.
    AZTEC PRIDE!

• great for the sgv

Conrgats to all the teams who played last night. For those that played their last games, no shame in losing in the second round. West Covina looks like the favorite to end #1 in the SGV this season. Too bad Arroyo lost last night, it would have been fun to watch them a couple of moretimes this season. To CO, tough game for you guys Upland is just too good. Recorded the game and erased it half way thru. But we need to hand to you guys, no excuses and no whining after your loss.

• great for the sgv

Can’t believe that some team that got into the playoffs on a coin flip now wants to be #1 because they lost to Servite?

• Aaron

I think Athlete for Athlete CO matched up relatively well…offensively I think they matched up well…defensively it’s pretty obvious they didn’t at all.

U High is legit and are 12-0 for a reason.

• Paul Revere on Next weeks game of the week.

Well it’s Finally here …The one thing that sticks out, is the “Scouting Guru” Said that Covina’s line had ok size…I said that, but Aram insist that they have one of the biggest lines in the valley but Stevie says that Monrovia’S Dline is huge lead by McCarthy…Now lets see, Monrovia nearly shuts out Pomona, then Follows that up with a waxing Of WC and I mean waxing.. Monrovia let of the gas with about 10 mins in the 3rd, but could have went for a CIF scoring record. As we get closer to the game it seems like people are starting to back pedal lil bit….Colt 74′s Pseudo swagg is winding down…Normally after a Covina win, He is normally jumping up an down…throwing confetti, inviting people ot Pizza Chalet etc…..but the seriousness is starting to set in now… etc… But now that birthday party is over, and mom put up the cupcakes… and We are going to see now, and Monrovia really can’t wait. They are fired up and feel totally Disrespect by the Covina’s pseudo #1 spot. Covina gave up some big plays, which leads me to believe that those db’s are going to have to tough time staying with Our wrs. But Really Monrovia is going unleash big ellis….he is playing lights out right now…Once he gets his hands on “Billy” the Child.(Kids are goats, and Billy deserves respect) It might be over.

I did not see much Ainsworth…Covina better get that guy healthy…despite Venegas running wild on Alhambra…Well it was Alhambra….Monrovia had to Show Covina how to beat whittier Christian. I am telling you people let that san Dimas lost distort their Vision. Mtown is the #1 team in the midvalley….the Cats are Coming….The Cats are coming …pressure pressure pressure…GRRRR.

• THE U

I have 2 words after last night’s game CHARTER JOKE. Nuff said let’s move on.

• the ie

upland has a good shot for a state bowl. i see westlake getting the open division and upland getting the division 1 state game if they win. dont really think any pac 5 team has a chance because they all have losses. upland,santa margarita,san clemente,westlake ,mission viejo and Corona centenial are all the elite teams at the moment.of these teams you cant really say who is better.these teams can compete with each other any day.

• Frank

I was hoping Co would make the SGV proud, but they got exposed. I predicted Upland would win but I was hoping some way Co would pull it off. Everyone who hyped them up didn’t realize that it is easier to look good and like a threat when you play weak competition. The only good team CO played this year before Upland was RC and we know what happened there. Co finaly got a little taste of the calibre of teams that Amat plays on a regular basis. Then there’s Farrar with his same excuses, “we are too young, we are a small school.” THe reason you have to play in a tougher division is becuase you guys have been picking up kids from Duarte and ohter areas thus making your school better than what it shoulld be if they only used their local demographics. Imagine if Amat played Cathedral and La Mirada type school all year. They would look like a well oiled machine.
    Speaking of La Mirada you see they beat Arcadia who beat Monrovia, and Amat beat La Mirada like 54-6. At some point we must recognize the gap between Amat and other valley school is huge.
    To Azusa good season and sorry for your loss but you guys had a great season, and unfortunatly someone had to lose. THe video was nice but when I saw Fred change his pick becuase of the video I knew you guys were in trouble, just becuase a preacher can deliver a a great speach doesnt mean that what he says is the truth. People got caught up in the hype just like people got caught up in thinking Co was better than they were.

• Haha

RO84,

Put a sock in it. You want to be comparing teams saying you got more with less. Taking wins earned than wins earns by money or population?! LOLOL haha! Quit making excuses. Hell, Charter Oak’s been stealing kids from the South Hills area. Student population of CO is 1,800 while Amat student population is 1,500 and you want say CO had less to work with?! You want to play the rich mommy and daddy card too? If you’re talking about Amat, then you are severely mistaken. Amat’s tuition is nowhere near that of OC schools. Parents who send their kids to Amat are not rich. They’re just willing to make the sacrifices to send their kids to a good school. Everybody saw CO play and quit the game. They quit. You even had the FS commentators saying the same thing.

• Colt74

“Monrovia let of the gas with about 10 mins in the 3rd, but could have went for a CIF scoring record.”
    Monrovias starters were still playing with 5 mins. left in the third. Now go over an call Mid Valley Sports liars because they have the times of all scores.

The rest of your post…Yawn.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty…….

You are like those cartoons about the old, mangy, Tomcat on the fence making noise to try and draw attention.

And then gets smacked hard with a boot….

I don’t care how old I get..it’s still funny every time I see it. Hope I see it again this Friday night at CDF.

And I know I have not back peddled one bit. I thought you were a fool at your very first post and still feel that way. But to your credit now you have become a boring fool. So please understand if I don’t just jump at every one of your attempts to inject fix a flat in your ass and then want someone to notice you.

• Frank

Oh yes, I forgot to give props to Muir, I also called that game this week, but I didnt think you’d beat them down that bad. Dr like i’ve always said is not a very good team howthey made the finals a couple of years ago just speaks to the weakness of the league they are in.

• Truth hurts

RO84,

Amat doesn’t recruit. They’re a smaller school than CO. Charter Oak wouldn’t have been granted a coin flip because they would have been swept if they switched leagues. You talk about CO beating WC every time they play, well, last time I checked Amat beats CO every time they play. It’s easy to be proud what CO accomplished in a cupcake schedule. CO has never won or does not want to schedule any big games. Santiago is not a big game. West Covina would have beat them. Charter Oak was embarrassed for everyone to see.

• RO84

Hey HaHa,

Did you say Amat’s TUITION??? What’s CO’s tuition??? Oh that’s right, they don’t have one, they are a public school, and therefore they are at a disadvantage to a school that has ANY tuition….ya their population is 1,500…1,500 that paid to go there, many who paid to go there to play for the name Bishop Amat…why do you think that most of the top teams in the country have tuitions??? Stop acting like your team is so good because they just get lucky and have athletes, they have athletes because they are paying to be there….NOBODY pays to go to Charter Oak, and yet we still win everywhere they put us…if you guys weren’t a Catholic school with paid to play players, you would just be another sgv school that CO punks every year…

• RO84

Truth hurts,

Another “would have” comment….LOL ya they would have beat CO every other time we’ve played too, but they didn’t, speaking of WC….and as I said, we probably always will lose to a team that has paid to play teams….we weren’t supposed to win last night, and we didn’t, but we will be back next year and we will try again, with our smaller team, and lower enrollment, and still have more skill than the others….size matters in football, and unfortunately you get that with a LARGE selection, or a TUITION….size will always be our problem, but skill will keep us winning…

• just sayin’

Haha & RO84, Amats enrollment is below 1,300. The second smallest in the Pac 5 if I’m not mistaken. As for the “private schools win because they charge tuition” (but players go for free. still trying to understand that logic?) only 4 private schools are alive in the top 11 divisions. Private has nothing to do with it. And I bet if you looked at it, a higher % of Charter Oak All Leaguers did not go to 8th grade in the CO district (CO’s natural feeder) than Amat All Leaguers did not go to private school in the 8th grade (Amats natural feeders). Who recruits?

• http://uplandfan@yahoo.com upland fan

Congradulations to Upland. They have worked hard all season and its paying off. We already had a high powered offense and I enjoyed watching our defense step it up.

Upland is real and I hope we finally get some love from the state bowl voters if Upland ends up winning CIF.

Football Fan… you ready to wear a skirt yet? You’ve been very. Quiet…

• jcaz

Well, I think it’s time to start looking at next years schedules.

From what I have been told, Bishop Gorman was a real possibility for Amat last yer, but if we still have Servite on our plate next year, then we should get them at home. Should be a better game this time around and that’s because of what I said earlier.

We will win

Look, when you play a team the second time around, you get to know them better. Don’t be surprised by an Amat victory at home next year especially considering that “lowly” Tessoro actually beat them.

BTW, another game or two i’d love to see Amat schedule, beside Charter Oak, would be either Corona Centennial, Norco or even an Upland.

If Amat were to beat any or all of those teams, then I don’t see how Aram could sit there with a straight face and not look like he’s on mushrooms or something.

Anyway, Aram……..New number one ?

• anonymous

Look, Upland was the better team tonight, hands down. With that said, Upland was not over matched in no way shape or form. They just at the end of the day had the swagger and killers mentality, in which CO did not have. The only player on CO that brings the hat every single play is Scooby. He is fearless and that’s why the people that say he is to small to play BCS D1 football don’t know because he will easily be one of the top running backs in the country by the time he is a senior. Anyway thats why they lost the game, They weren’t out of there league playing with Upland just knew what they had to do to win and came out and smacked CO from the get go. It goes back to that pre season scheduling where you play tough teams that hit and are big (Inland Division/ Pac 5 powers) make such a help in the playoffs. I think a game that should be a must for next year and many years to come is CO- Bishop Amat. Although CO probably overall has much more talent on there team, the mentality and style of Bishop Amat would win the game for them. Thats why they can play in the Pac 5 because they don’t play timid and scared like CO did tonight. Thats the difference in the 2 programs, CO gets talent and good coaching but no dogs, and Amat gets few talent and good coaching but they get hungry dogs that will hit someone 5 inch. 50 lbs heavier and not care. As for line size that has ultimately nothing to do with success in the Inland or Pac 5, Upland’s line looked even smaller then CO’s line did, but they blocked their man and did there job to a T every play. Upland is just a better football TEAM if CO played the way Upland played with that much intensity then the game would have been a toss up. It does help when you have 4 guys already committed to Texas A&M (#46) Washington (#5) Arizona State (#1) , (#21) with offers from Colorado, Idaho, Stoney Brook, New Mexico state, and (#3) with offers from Colorado, and Nebraska. I am a CO fan/ alumni but we got smacked and the Tougher team one I should say. Upland wasn’t bigger or faster (overall) they just knew they were better and tougher. End of this. No excuses, come back next year ready to push rather then get punished by a proven program.

• SGV FOOTBALL FAN

Colt,

I’ve seen Monrovia play. Overhyped, going undefeated and playing in the State Championship game was the word. They had a rough start this season but are playing good now. 1st round they beat weak Pomona team which is in your league. Last night Monrovia destroyed Whittier Christian that was flat from the get go. Were they intimidated? YES!!!

I have also seen your Colts play. Games against West Covina and So. El Monte. Physical, Guts and Pride. From what I’ve seen, Covina is “NO” Pomona or Whittier Christian. It will be a great game.

I predict the DIRTY WHITE flashy Monrovia uniforms will go down.
    Monrovia is used to play on pretty fields of turf. They are not used to playing on cold slippery, dirty ,muddy grass. Oh can’t forget the dim lighting…

• Colt74

“Oh can’t forget the dim lighting…”

Dim lighting at CDF???????

Hmmmm…maybe it was just because the COLTS shine so bright that it makes the lighting seem dim to you? That would be the only explanation possible.
    COLT fans already must have gotten used to it. LOL!

We have been trying to get the Covina Unified School district to get us new hamsters and new wheels to power the CDF lighting for years but with no luck.I think we are on the list at number 62…right behind putting subwoffers in the police cars.

• Go Scots

Here is my take on Charter Oak for all its worth. After all the trash talk and hype, I was reading on the blogs I had to see for myself what this team was all about. I went to there practice on Tuesday and saw a team that practiced just like they played. Many dropped passes, bad deep snaps and a lot of kids standing on the sidelines jaw jacking. It has to start with practice and take that as serious as the games. The contrast between Uplands practice and Charter Oaks was as shocking as the score in the game. Step it up during the week and you will see it pay off on Friday night. It is not a lack of talent.

Colt 74, you know what’s coming…I can’t wait…Lol…Like I said, no more el monte, S el monte, Alhambra…no more cup cake…No more hype…no more confetti…Just Green & White…

• cuts both ways

or better said, no more San Marinos, Temple Cities, South Pasadenas, Blairs… you get the picture

• Colt74

Paul Revere,
    You know, you have been riding that same horse for the last 2 months. It can barely walk and is just flat out worn out.
    Come to CDF on Friday. There will be a whole stable of fresh Colts. Maybe you can try and saddle one and see if you can stay on the whole 8 seconds.
    No one from the Mid Valley has been able to yet this season but feel free to give it your best shot.
    Oh wait…never mind. You don’t snap up a helmet. You just talk….

and talk….

and talk….

• missing persons report

have you seen me? aka: amateur bully, last seen : Friday night at upland high school, wearing: Scottish skirt and knee highs, description: 4’2 oversized head and tiny hands and feet, last driving: 1976 corvette yellow gremlin, mental state: fragile and taken please call his daddy Lou if found.

• Paul Reveres Wife

You can’t go the whole 8 seconds at home so what makes you think you can go 8 seconds with someone else?

Paul- now get off the damn computer and clean out your cats litter box. It’s stinking up the place.
    And why would you be talking to people on the internet about your one eyed, one eared, 3 legged, no tail, cat “LUCKY”?

• reality

This CO/UHS game was a mismatch from the get go. Chargers were not getting in the end zone. Romine to Lawler riddled “the best secondary in the valley”. (Aram’s words). We’ve seen Bishop Amat go against the same calibe/better receivers more than a couple times this year and never face that kind of embarrassment. Lou said it. Embarrassed. Your own coach was embarrassed.
    There was at least a period of time that Bishop Amat was competitive with Servite and put the ball in the end zone. If I remember it was 21-14 and Amat had the ball in the 2nd half -then the wheels fell off and they got stomped. Against Santa Margarita it was 24 – 21 in the 4th quarter. That is a game in anyones book. Servite and Santa Margarita both beat Upland. Might be a game for a while, maybe even a few quarters, but U-High loses.
    I’ve had my questions answered about who the best team ion the SGV is – and it’s not much of a question.

• RO84

The game was not a mismatch from the get go, a bad snap on the first punt gave Upland their first TD basically, and other than one big run to get their 2nd TD, CO was moving the ball up and down the field on them, the game turned when they couldn’t do anything with the Int and then gave it back and Upland scored 30 seconds before half and got the ball to start the 3rd….without the bad snap and a bad break, it’s 7-6 at half, and a whole different game, the safety broke their spirit and it was downhill from there….Upland is and was last night the better team, but we have just as many skill players…CO had a great year, lost to a much better and much higher ranked team….can’t complain about that….as far as what WOULD happen regarding ANY other teams, it’s just that WOULD…I personally would love to play Amat every year, if we lose it makes us better, and if we win we don;t have to listen to all the homers say we woulda lost….all I know is this year, we DID make it to the 2nd round of the Inland playoffs, and Amat DID need a coinflips chance in hell to make it….I’m excited to see what we bring next year with Scoby, Bobo, and Vaughns all coming back….Scoby will be the player to watch the next 2 years….

• BB

Memo to Amat Fans:
    no one cares about you anymore. You’re not relevant when you’re one-and-done in the postseason.

Coach Layton: you had a lot of us in your corner the last couple years, because you play a tough schedule to get ready for the playoffs, but after reading your quote about how you’re going to crack each opponent from here on out, I’m glad you got your a$$es handed to you.

Rivera fan:
    Not taking away from a star qb, but to say he should be player of the year after winning just one playoff game is not reality. Ask Matt Kemp.

Zernickow might be an odd dude, but he gets the most out of his players when it matters most.

Lastly, BA is definitely not the best team in the SGV. That argument that they only lost to whomever by less points than someone else is retarded. West Covina is on a plain by itself right now and Amat isn’t even their rear view mirror.

• just sayin’

BB – how’d that Loyola game go? were you on a different “plaine” that night? or just plain?

• Paul Revere Riding a Colt.

SGV Fan, Colt 74, there you go again reverting back to preseason and league wins…once again, this is the playoffs…now playing in grass is going to be a factor…Monrovia has the two most impressive playoff wins in the midvalley playoffs this year 24-7 Exorcism vs Pomona(who is not weak team) 61-21 purification vs Oylmpic League champion WCHS…I mean, Pomona fans are saying Monrovia is better than Covina, not the Monrovia fans. We are the underdogs, the #4 seed. Covina is the Favorites, The #1 seed. Monrovia should lose this game right ? All year, you have been itching for the cats…Well you got them at CDF. Don’t talk about me…Talk about the Game, The players…I say Big Ellis is going to go wild…What do you say…pressure pressure pressure…No more cake for you…

• Real talk

CO= choke!!!! There is no doubt Amat would put the smash on chater choke after seeing what u saw last night.

• Ted Wright

Fred, you are terrible at reporting and your blog sucks. By the way, Amat is garbage and should try to actually win in the playoffs. Well, that probably won’t ever happen because Amat is an automatic choke in the post season.

• proof’s in the pudding

Ted – very insightful and intellectual observations. Thank you. Charter Oak grad I assume? Buddies with Amat Bully?

• Lancelot

BB-Ha, Ha, aaahhhhh, OK? Since you are obviously “the last word on the matter” and you’re opinion is “the absolute thruth”? I won’t even argue with you about an AMAT vs. WC game. Plus I got no issue w/WC or it’s fans (yet). Good Luck in playoff’s and keep the season going! Coach Maggoire is a good guy and it would be very nice for him and his players to notch a championship this year. Just keep it in perspective, yeah?

• missing bully report

• Big Mo

I got one thing to say about last nights CO/Upland game on National TV……what a total embarrassment for the entire SGV!!!!! Schedule better teams next year or get ur a$$es handed to u again by the big boys.

• RO84

Lancelot,

I’m just curious, is a CIF championship a good thing for WC to win, or is it just going to get them crap from everyone because it’s just a win in a weak division, because I know CO never gets any respect for all of it’s CIF championships? I’m just curious…

• how it is

RO(se colored glasses)84 – kinda depends on how they handle it. If somehow they start thumping their chest about being the best because they beat teams ranked in the 1-200′s then it won”t be good and they’ll loose credibility. If they (like La Habra does) realize a championship makes for a great season and says they are best in their own world (division) then life will be grand.

To put that in perspective. there are no La Habra fans running around today claiming they are better than Servite, St John Bosco or Orange Lutheran because they are still playing and Servite is not. They are smart enough to not even claim superiority over Mater Dei who did not even make the playoffs.

But La Habra/OC fans are a little wiser and understand the difference. In the fish bowl – not so much

• RO84

how it is,

I don’t know of any CO fans that pump their chests and run around saying they are better than anyone else, I do know however plenty of Amat fans that do that, and when they attack CO fans, the CO fans defend themselves, I’ve been on these boards for a while now, and I’ve seen 1 CO fan that get’s out of hand…..and I’ve also seen numerous Amat fans pumping their chests about being the best when they are 1-3, 6-5, and need a coinflip…that’s all I’m saying….I just find it funny that no matter what CO does, EVERYONE jumps on them, they dominate and win CIF…weak schedule, they move up, and win division….weak schedule…..win a 1st round Inalnd game….weak team….then get beaten badly by a top 5 team and “CO sucks”….it’s just a joke….the only team that can even come close to CO’s history is Amat yet all anyone does is give them shit….they are a small school playing against much bigger schools, and they win, at least until they play the teams currently in the final 4….seems like a little respect is due….that’s all I’m sayin

• RO84

how it is,

I don’t know of any CO fans that pump their chests and run around saying they are better than anyone else, I do know however plenty of Amat fans that do that, and when they attack CO fans, the CO fans defend themselves, I’ve been on these boards for a while now, and I’ve seen 1 CO fan that get’s out of hand…..and I’ve also seen numerous Amat fans pumping their chests about being the best when they are 1-3, 6-5, and need a coinflip…that’s all I’m saying….I just find it funny that no matter what CO does, EVERYONE jumps on them, they dominate and win CIF…weak schedule, they move up, and win division….weak schedule…..win a 1st round Inalnd game….weak team….then get beaten badly by a top 5 team and “CO sucks”….it’s just a joke….the only team that can even come close to CO’s history is Amat yet all anyone does is give them crap….they are a small school playing against much bigger schools, and they win, at least until they play the teams currently in the final 4….seems like a little respect is due….that’s all I’m sayin

• how it is

RO – no, you haven’t been on the blog very long. go back to the origins and all the talk about CO (and back then Los Altos and South Hills) and how they were “better” because they were “winning ” in the playoffs. Like I said, beating Bellflower or Cal Hi and the schools in the Fish Bowl is different than facing Long Beach Poly, Mater Dei, Lakewood, Tesoro, or Santa Margarita. Do you dispute that? Is it a little different getting wins against that caliber of a school? I think you found out the answer last night? Even now, you think because Amat lost to Santa Margarita and CO was able to knock off a Santiago team that hasn’t been to the 2nd round since 2007 somehow that makes them better? Because they advanced further? So you’re OK with saying San Gabriel is “better” than CO because they beat Arroyo last night and you lost to Upland. That’s the same logic Amat has dealt with for years?

• RO84

How it is,

We play who we are scheduled to play, and I never said we are better than Amat, rankings say we are better than Amat, but having said that, I also don’t run around saying “we would have beat, this team or that team” We beat everyone put in front of us this year, except for 2 teams in the final 4 in the Inland division, which is these days considered as good if not better than the Pac 5…we won our division, and we won a first round game, and we are ranked higher than Amat both locally and by Max preps, and I know rankings don’t matter, but they say we are better, and with the lack of actually playing them, I put more weight on a 10-2 record and an Inland playoff win, than I do a 1-3, 6-5, and a lucky coinflip to get in, and a bunch of “we would have beat you’s” that’s all I’m saying….I never said we were better than Upland, I said we were playing well and thought we would give a better effort….I’ve also been told by WC fans that they “would” beat us, yet when we played, they never did…again attacking the CO fans, who in turn defend themselves…whether r not we “would” beat any of the teams left, I don’t know, but i do know we were ranked higher than them before we lost to the $5 team in the state….Look, I’m not trying to argue with you, I just get tired of the constant jumping on CO when we have one of the best histories in the area….

• RO84

and btw, I think all the CIF titles speak for themselves, regardless of the division we have been in, just because we are playing over our heads division wise now, doesn’t mean that winning the divisions we have been in over the years has been worthless….

• A Herd Of Colts Trampled On Paul Revere

Team head to head statistics:

Rated
    Covina 1
    Monrovia 4

Most points scored : Covina
    Least points given up : Covina

Total Yards/Game: Covina
    Tackles/Game: Covina
    Sacks/Game: Covina

Livingston: 129+ QB rating 2014 yds passing 28TD 3INT (+ stats not entered for Alhambra game )

Heyworth: 123 QB rating 2046 yds passing 21 TD 4INT
    ADVANTAGE: Covina

Rushing leaders :
    Covina : Ainsworth 1350+ yards
    Monrovia: Bias 1223 yards
    ADVANTAGE: Covina

Number of rushers OVER 750 yards:
    Covina :2 Ainsworth/Vinegas
    Monrovia :1 Bias
    ADVANTAGE: Covina

Receiving TD :
    Covina: 32
    Monrovia: 26
    ADVANTAGE: Covina

Fumbles/Lost
    Covina: 9 – 4
    Monrovia: 10 – 7
    DISADVANTAGE: Monrovia

All Stats via Maxpreps.

• Bad Sign !!

1st of all I WANT CO to get better because they DO have a lot of talent coming back . CO gets into the red zone and can’t punch it in(just like the Rancho game 1st & goal & don’t score).Why do you go out of the shot gun in the red zone ?? The spread offense is great but it doesn’t use a fullback. They could of used a fullback last night but they “live & die” with their offense and last night they died. They could of put anyone of their big linebackers there last night at fullback and Scooby “WOULD OF RAN IT IN” (hid behind the big fullback). I hope they learn from this or there going to waist Scooby and not use him to his full potential the next 2 years. PS.. You had a Big Fullback but he got tired of being played out of position now he’s at Damien HS.

• RO84

Bad sign,

Agreed, but let’s ask REV about trying to punch it in against Rancho…lol

• LOL

Co forgot to take south hills 0line when they took santiago,vaughns,ortiz and gihlcrest!

• keakthesneak

Upland would not lose to this year’s Servite team or Santa Margarita for that matter. All we have to go by are common opponents of common opponents, but SM lost to Servite, Servite lost to Tesoro which lost to Chap, who was lucky to make it to the second round in the Inland Division.

• An Observation

Hey remember you all…..
    AZUSA WAS THE MONTVIEW CHAMPION x4!!!!

• Paul Revere breaking in his mule…….

Ok Mule 74..what do those stats have to do with anything…what does that have to do with Friday night? Did anyone say, that Covina is not #1, and number one in every statistical category. All that is being said is…Covina has been itching to play Monrovia, and that wish will know come true… that’s all….The Colts have been eating a lot of cake…No More for you…pressure pressure pressure…No more happy birthday….

• Pomona

Someone is comparing stats between Monrovia and Covina that is a joke.

Ainsworth isn’t even close to the back that Bias is.

Heyworth isn’t even close to the Quarterback that Livingston is.

Covina’s line isn’t even close to the line of Monrovia’s.

This is the real championship game.

• la mirada guy

Fred,
    There goes the dream West Covina-Arcadia matchup
    Who’s dream was that? not ours (la mirada)

• Colt74

I’m sure Friday at the game the Covina pep squad will be selling Colt towels. I encourage you, Paul Revere to get one early. They will make GREAT crying towels for your drive home. Plus I’m sure they will be a treasured memory for years to come and will be a nice addition for your Covina Colts collection. Think of how great it would look framed and will really help set off your Covina Colts bedspread! And to show you what a nice guy I am, let me know and I’ll take a picture of you with our mascot too!

Bring some tums Friday. You are going to need them. I’m sure you have already stocked up.

So many repetitive post shows how it is wearing on you…

• CC Assistant

Hey Chater Oak and Bishop Amat folks Corona Centennial has 2 games to fill on there 2012 schedule give them a call they’ll play anybody anytime anywhere.

• Huh?????

Fred, How in the world was the potential LA/Muir game a supposed “dream matchup?”

• USC

UCLA SUCKS 50points Sheldon price hurting

• Colt74

Great weekend =

1. Covina wins
    2. USC embarrasses UCLA
    3. Florida State beats Florida

Perfect Weekend =

1, 2, 3, and Skydiving on Sunday!

• Bad Sign !!

CO “STILL” stuck in the Red Zone….

• News Break

This just in Amat Bully officially change his name to Upland B#!ch.

• OldMan in Chino

To Charter Oak High School: I am truly sad to see your season end since you were the lone representative from the Sierra League. While I am sad, I am not surprised by your loss. I early on cautioned you that the Inland Division is powerful division and that the Sierra League is the weakest of the leagues in that division. While you took great delight in beating Chino Hills and you did so very convincingly, you were ill prepared to face the stronger teams in the division. You were successful when you played in a small pond, but you are now in a big lake and the fish in this lake see you as a new comer with a history of past glories and no current succeses. With all of your fanfare from this season, you only lasted one more game and were blown out in that game. To better prepare for next season, schedule tougher teams in your pre-league schedule. Doing so most likely will result in a poor win-loss record when you start league play, but you will be battle tested if and when you make the play-offs. You played Rancho Cucamonga and lost and apart from them what other tough teams did you play? Look at Rancho Cucamonga that barely beat Chino Hills and then they shut down REV who humbled Chino Hills. Charter Oak if you want to be more than Sierra League Champions, play the tough teams if you do not your visions of a CIF Championship will be nothing more than wishful thinking.

• Give Credit Where Credit Is Due

OldbutNotSoWiseManinChino…nice imitation of Grantland Rice but unlike “his” eloquent prose yours lacks substance. How many divisions did CO move up and how many seasons have they been there? Two. How many years did it take CO to win the Sierra League Championship? Two. How many years did it take CO to blow the doors off the veil of Chino Hills Sierra League dominance? Two. How long did it take CO to go undefeated in the Sierra League? Two. Over the past four years CO has had SGV COY and POY honors and again this year may be in the running for both in spite of the big loss to one of the best teams in the state.

Travis had a great year, Farrar had a very good year and that’s all that needs to be said. All the other nonsense is just sour grapes or flat out BS.

• LetsNotForget

Remember, the Sierra League was not really an Inland league when CO moved in. It was a Central Division league, and has proven to still be best suited at that level. Really, CO has been playing the same kind of schedule as before. Is there much of a difference between Damien, CH, Ayala, South Hills, and Clarlemont than Diamond Ranch, Bonita, Los Altos(w/Gano)? Not much of a “step up” in reality.

• Lancelot

R)84-A championship for WC would be outstanding. WC has played the tough game(s). They (WC) are not afraid to schedule good teams. And If they lose to those teams they take it for what it is, a way to get better and go after that “Championship”. I do not recall a WC fan calling out Amat, Loyola, the Serra league, Pac5, etc, etc because they are having a good season? And unlike others who get placed in a tougher division, cry about being placed their (despite it being the armpit league of the Division), winning their weak league and then they want to be given Kudos for getting their butts embarrassingly handed to them in their “second round” playoff massacre, uh…I mean, game. This has not been my experience with WC. Are you saying that WC would have beaten this years Amat team too? Not going to go there my man. Good Luck WC, bring home the Hardware to the SGV, hopefully someone does…my team fell short and the SGV’s chances are running thin. Go Get’em!!!!

• great for the sgv

Colt74 said:

Great weekend =

1. Covina wins
    2. USC embarrasses UCLA
    3. Florida State beats Florida

Perfect Weekend =

1, 2, 3, and Skydiving on Sunday!

And you continue to embarrass yourself!!!

• RO84

Lancelot,

As I’ve said, I can only recall 1 CO fan that runs around calling everyone out….there are many Amat fans that do that, and I have seen quite a few WC fans doing it as well since they are having a great year…it’s the nature of the beast, when you win, you pump your chest. I don’t have any problem with fans pumping their chests when their team is winning, what I have a problem with, and the point you evidently continue to miss, is the fans that can’t take the fact that their team isn’t winning, yet continue to proclaim their superiority….Amat fan….and you can look back at my posts to see that I have given praise to those that beat us, I admit defeat, and I’ve admitted that we need to work harder to improve. Also, this continued attack about the fact that we beat weak teams, even when we move up, is ridiculous, every team beats weaker teams, that’s why they beat them, and when you lose, it is USUALLY to better teams, the fact that we always seem to be the better team in our leagues is tribute to the fact that our staff does a great job. I’m sure once we win the Sierra league every year for a while, we will get moved up again, and then we will have to listen to how we are still in a weak league, blah blah blah….I would love to see WC win it this year for the SGV, because I am a fan of a SGV team, and anytime those teams do well it looks better for all of us….so again, let’s stop calling out those few morons that don’t seem to get it, let’s cheer for our teams without demeaning other teams, and stop with the woulda coulda shoulda comments, Amat always beat us when we played, WOULD they beat us today, we don’t know….we always beat WC when we played, WOULD we beat them now…we don’t know….let’s just leave it at that…I’m not one to call out other teams, but if mine gets attacked for continuing to win and then getting beat by a much better team, I will defend them….good luck to the remaining SGV teams this weekend….

• Lancelot

RO84-Amat fans are a tenacious bunch. We don’t acquiesce to rankings and current trends. I can give props to a team for their success but I don’t believe that a teams “success” makes them better than all other teams. I am not afraid to be called a “homer” or an arrogant Amat fan just because I believe that Bishop Amat is a good football team despite the win loss record. I can Honestly say that in MY OPINION, even with a 6-5 record, a coin flip to get in and lose in the first round playoff’s….The Lancers would still hard press ANY sgv team to notch a win against them….even this year. Is that chest thumping w/o cause? Is that arrogance? Call it what you want. I call it a definate understanding of the overall football picture. I don’t want to sound demeaning but I sure that is how it comes off and that is why everyone loves to hate Amat fans (especially arrogant ones). Again I don’t mean to be but I just have “my” opinion as you have yours. You don’t have to agree and even if you do it won’t make or break my day. It just means that I can root for WC or Covina or Monrovia, Hell, I’ll even root for San Dimas but I don’t believe that they are better than my Lancers until they beat us on the field. When will that happen, when will it be scheduled? Who knows but until then….Good Luck on Friday Night!

• great for the sgv

Lancelot

I look forward to the day that bishop gets to the top. I also look forward to watching you play…next season. By the way, what number are you?

• Lancalot

great for the sgvsince1995fixatedamatonmyvested, I’m number NINE!

• Lancelot

Coming from you great for the sgv….WHATEVER!

• OldMan in Chino

To: Give Credit Where Credit Is Due:
    I love playing the numbers the game because in reality they are a pleasant diversion and really prove little if anything. Charter Oak and Chino Hills in the past 2 seasons both had a winning percentage of .800. According to MaxPreps, Chino Hills has had a winning percentage of.800 since 2004-05 in the Sierra League. Their first Varsity season was 2002-03 and they started in the Sierra League, I do not have information on how they did during the seasons of 2002 through 2003. In the 2005-06 season they were undefeated in the Sierra League. They have represented themselves well in the play-offs only failing to make them in the 2007-08 season; their only sub .500 season (2-3). In 2004-05 they made it to the 2nd round losing to the CIF runners up Valencia 37-13, in 2006-07 they lost in the first round to CIF Champion Norco 34-29 which was the closest game that Norco had in the play-offs. In 2009-10 they went 2-1 losing to CIF runner up Upland 13-7, in 2010-11 they went 2-1 losing to CIF Champion Corona Centennial who at the time was the #1 team in the State 42-23 which was the most points that CC had allowed all season as well as their closest game. This season Chino Hills went 0-1 losing to Rancho Cucamonga 39-38, a team that beat Charter Oak earlier in the season. Rancho then in turn shuts down REV a powerhouse in the Citrus Belt League which is in the minds of most is the second toughest league in the division behind the Big VIII. Do not get me wrong, Charter Oak had a great season, but to brag about what they have done in their two seasons seems a bit premature. Chino Hills has consistently been the standard bearer for the Sierra League and they have the win-loss records to prove it. Should Charter Oak continue to maintain a winning percentage of .800 in league then I would agree that they belong in the same class as Chino Hills.

• RO84

Old man in Chino,

While I have no problem with CH in any way, as a matter of fact my mom lives there, I find it funny that you chose to completely ignore the fact that CH was completely manhandled by CO…and while I can respect CH for what they have done in the past, I think CO has earned some respect with their 5 or 6 CIF titles, don’t remember exact number, I guess maybe I can say we lost to the eventual champion once the season is over this year too, but I don’t really see that as a plus.My problem again is, I don’t see other teams EVERY week getting the “ya well we will see what they do against….” like we do….we lost to Rancho and everyone makes it seem like we don’t belong…they outscored us by 4 in the first half, and 4 in the 2nd half…sounds like quite a game to me….then we win 4 games by an avg of 37 points, and everyone is screaming “ya well let’s see what they do against Damien….up 41-14 before we take our starters out, “ya well let’s see what they do against the champs”….um, another destruction, “ya well they won’t win a game in the Inland playoffs”…..another win by 42 points, oh but of course then it’s “ya they are the worst team in the Inland”…ya they scored 34 against Centennial and lost by 22, and they lost to JW north by 16….then when we finally get beat, by the #5 team in the state, and #33 in nation, everyone jumps all over us because we suck…..just curious, does CH go through ANY of that??? We got more crap after killing you and our 1st round opponent, than you did for losing to us….it’s ridiculous…

• OldMan in Chino

To Ro84:
    In my previous posts I acknowledged that when Charter Oak played Chino Hills that Charter Oak dominated them and that they were the better team that night. My observations have been that Charter Oak is afforded awe and respect that they earned while competing in a lower division and the expectation that after only two seasons in the Sierra League that they should be afforded the same level of awe and respect from all the teams in the Sierra League as well as the Inland Division. Charter Oaks record in the Inland Division play-offs in those two years is 1 and 2 (.333). Chino Hills record in the Inland Division in the past 2 seasons is 2 and 2 (.500) Once again if and when Charter Oak is able to string together more than one league championship and does so for several seasons in a row, their claim to be the dominant team in the Sierra League may have more credibility. The placement of Charter Oak in the Sierra League could be likened to an FCS team being placed in a D-1 conference and in their second year in that conference they catch lightning in a bottle and knock off the reigning conference champion. Should Charter Oak be able to repeat their success for more than one season, then they can be hailed as the new power in the Sierra League. Currently they are a one hit wonder asking for accolades they have yet to earn. The CIF championships that Charter Oak won were in a lower division and they have yet to demonstrate they have the ability and talent to seriously content for the Inland Division title. Given enough time they may be a power to be reckoned with. However their claim of league dominance is based on one season of beating the reigning league champion and the hope that they can recreate it in the season to come. Remember Charter Oak has the bulls-eye on their backs now and just as beating Chino Hills made their season, the rest of the league will be gearing up to take them down next season. The crap you speak of is borne from the demand of some of the supporters of Charter Oak for super team status based on beating Chino Hills once in two seasons, which is the same win loss record that Chino Hills has against Charter Oak.

• just sayin’

RO84 – welcome to Amat’s world

• charter oak fan forever!

Jst want to say to CO thank you for a great season!You made us proud.Travis Santiago you are awsome and we have never seen a quarterback like you.Upland was jst another stepping stone for you on your way to better places in the name of football!!Shake it off you couldnt win the game on your own. Couch Lou how shameful of you to say an embarassment. Those boys played under you. Retract what you said and give them the respect.You had one of the greatest quarterbacks and your fans came every friday to watch him!!Now no mention of him now huh!!! Sad… Thropay you were a sight to see these last 3 games.Good luck seniors you make us proud!

• OldMan in Chino

To Charter Oak fan forever:
    Finally a Charter Oak fan that is willing to express what many have noted this season. Coach Lou spins events to his advantage. Instead of giving credit where credit is due (Upland High School was the better team) he instead alibis by blaming the loss on the inexperience of his team. All teams through out season are not able to play their best players due to injuries and absences. Charter Oak had a long history of success when they played in a less competitive league and division and they have the trophies to prove it. I remember initially when the topic of Charter Oak being moved to the Sierra League and being placed in the Inland Division, Coach Lou complained how it was unfair and that it would be an extreme hardship to compete in that division. I do not remember South Hills or Claremont complaining about the move. They may have, but it was not reported in the newspapers. Coach Bubb from Chino Hills acknowledged that being placed in the Inland Division would be a real test for his team, but he accepted it and scheduled teams that would prepare his team to compete in their new division. Instead of blaming the loss to Upland on the inexperience of his team, possibly Coach Lou might own up to the fact that his pre-league schedule did not prepare his team to play with the big boys. You win as a team and you lose as a team and it starts at the top with the leadership from the Head Coach.

• AMAT 73

RO84,
    Are you the same person who was on coveitlive talking about punking both WC and AMAT. Just want to make sure because you say you recall only one CO person calling out people. I am thinking you were speaking of the bully and if so what do you call your posts on coveritlive. It was the Santiago game if I am not mistaken .You and a few other were feeling your oats that night and talking big time shiat on AMAT and WC . You people were paying more attention and getting great joy out AMAT losing to SM than CO beating Santiago .

• RO84

Amat73,

Actually I was the one that was giving Amat fans crap for complaining about how SM was cheating….but that’s about it, as I’ve always stated, i have nothing against Amat, what I am against is the constant chatter from Amat fans about how other teams are cheating when they lose, and about how they “would” beat this team or that team…I was cheering my team on that night, and arguing with those amat fans that were doing the usual “they cheat” while they were losing, there were also a couple of level headed amat fans on that night that I had “normal” conversations with….so if you were speaking about that night, then that must be what you are referring to….

• reality

RO84 – Amat fans weren’t saying anything that Fred didn’t already say, said in the post game show, and mentioned again a couple times over the next couple days. It was clear to him the clock operator allowed extra time, enabled a last second FG, and then laughed about it during halftime. Those 3 pts sure woulda made a difference when the score became 24-21 – dontcha think. You pretend to be a former football stud at that school that no longer exists – wouldn’t it change how the strategy of a game plays out? After SM score to go up 31-21 it wouldn’t have force Amat to go for a 4th down conversion, being down only 1 score. Instead, they didn’t convert and it was quickly 38-21.
    Those few seconds had a tremendous impact on how things “might have” played out

• negative charge

co:You ran through your cupcake schedule and ran up the scores. lol You played teams that had injured starters and won. Big deal it only took you 2 years for what? To conquer a weak sierra league bit go ahead get happy. You will be remembered as the team with negative charge we will be remembered as the team that should still be in the playoffs as usual but because we lost by one blown defensive coverage and a lazy coaches son that can’t block. You showed up as the greatest team around and got smashed! When you actually beat someone and someone not wounded and saving their guys for playoffs then you can say your a powerhouse bit right now you have negative charge!