San Gabriel Valley Tribune’s 2011 All-Area Football Team: Arroyo’s Steven Rivera, Charter Oak’s Travis Santiago and West Covina’s Justen Meaders earn top honors; West Covina’s Mike Maggiore named coach of the year

To read Steven Rivera’s players of the year story along with Travis Santiago and Justen Meaders’ offensive and defensive honors, and Mike Maggiore’s coach of the year story, click the thread.

RIVERA .. MAGGIORE …. MEADERS .. SANTIAGO

Player of the year: Steven Rivera, Arroyo, Sr.
Coach of the year: Mike Maggiore, West Covina
Offensive Player of the Year: Travis Santiago, Charter Oak, Sr.
Defensive Player of the Year: Justen Meaders, West Covina, Sr.
First Team Offense
QB — Travis Santiago, Charter Oak, Sr.
RB — Jalen Moore, Bishop Amat, Sr.
RB — Jimmy Frazier, West Covina, Sr.
WR — Hunter Duran, Arroyo, Sr.
WR — Aaren Vaughns, Charter Oak, Jr.
WR — Jamie Canada, South Hills, Sr.
ALL — Vinny Venegas, Covina, Sr.
OL — Jesse Gaytan, El Monte, Sr.
OL — Alec Zenner, San Dimas, Sr.
OL — Nick Enriquez, Chino Hills, Sr.
OL — George Castro, West Covina, Sr.
OL — Louis Oliva, Charter Oak, Sr.
K — Jack Schneider, Charter Oak, Jr.
First Team Defense
DL — Nick Hynes, Covina, Sr.
DL — Philip Romano, Covina, Sr.
DL — Justen Meaders, West Covina, Sr.
LB — Dorrin Turner, West Covina, Sr.
LB — Johnny Padilla, Covina, Sr.
LB — Justin Fa;’aola, Los Altos, Sr.
LB — Alex Arevalo, Damien, Sr.
DB — Desmond Reed, Azusa, Sr.
DB — Michael Patini, La Puente, Sr.
DB — Chris Solomon, West Covina, Sr.
DB — Jonathan Thropay, Charter Oak, Sr.
P — Brian Drulias, Diamond Bar, Sr.

Second Team Offense
QB — Billy Livingston, Covina, Sr.
RB — Kurt Scoby, Charter Oak, So.
RB — Sir Darius Yarbrough, Pomona, Sr.
WR — Chris Gilchrist, Charter Oak, Sr.
WR — Justin Mason, Covina, Sr.
WR — Jack Austin, Chino Hills, Jr.
ALL — Dillon Corona, San Dimas, Sr.
OL — Lake Aiono, South Hills, Jr.
OL — Jared Kough, Pomona, Sr.
OL — Moises Morales, Los Altos, Sr.
OL — Raymond Amaya, West Covina, Sr.
OL — Adrian Pena, La Puente, Sr.
K — Brandt Davis, Bonita, Jr.
Second team Defense
DL — Sal Velasquez, Bishop Amat, Jr.
DL — Logan Tracey, Damien, Sr.
DL — Jesse Ojeda, San Dimas, Sr.
LB — Skyler Crall, Glendora, Sr.
LB — Naim Colbert, Chino Hills, Sr.
LB — D.J. Daniels, Bishop Amat, Jr.
LB — Matt Eddy, Rosemead, Sr.
DB — Lonzel Barnett, West Covina, Sr.
DB — Khari Garcia, Charter Oak, Jr.
DB — Ajee Montes, Bishop Amat, Sr.
DB — Garrett Horine, Bonita, Sr.
P — Jose Esparza, Rosemead, Sr.

Tribune players of the Year (1969-present)
1969 Fred McNeil, Baldwin Park RB
1970 Pat Haden, Bishop Amat QB and John McKay Jr., Bishop Amat WR
1971 Mike Vicino, Royal Oak RB
1972 Rob Hertel, Los Altos QB and Ron Himes, Walnut QB
1973 Dennis Sproul, Los Altos QB
1974 Brian Bethke, South Hills QB
1975 Richard Nyden, Azusa QB
and John Van Vuren, South Hills RB
1976 Bob Epps, West Covina DL
1977 Don Roberts, Temple City RB
1978 Ron Stivers, West Covina RB
1979 Ray McNeill, El Monte WR
and Danny Trejo, Baldwin Park WR
1980 Bill Stone, Royal Oak RB
1981 Blake Smith, Los AltosQB
and Steve Lauter, Los Altos WR
1982 Mike Smith, Los Altos QB
1983 Randy Tanner, Bishop Amat; Paul Hewitt, Monrovia
1984 Michael Johnson, Baldwin Park QB
1985 Eric Bieniemy, Bishop AmatRB
1986 Eric Bieniemy, Bishop Amat RB
1987 Bill Gallis, Northview QB
1988 Jason Martin, Los Altos TE/DB
1989 Marshawn Thompson, Bassett RB
1990 Jason Patterson, Bishop Amat FB/DE
1991 Marc Ruiz, Baldwin ParkQB
1992 Lawrence Phillips, Baldwin Park RB-DB
1993 Miguel Meriwether, West Covina QB/DB
1994 Daylon McCutcheon, Bishop Amat RB/FS
1995 Oscar Interiano, Sierra Vista RB
1996 Oscar Arzu, Sierra Vista RB
1997 Nick Covarrubias, Covina QB/DB
1998 Steve Stevenson, Charter Oak WR/RB/DB
1999 Jason Wright, Diamond Bar, RB/DB
2000 – Felipe Aguilar, Los Altos, QB
2001 – Donnie McCleskey, Bishop Amat RB
2002 – Daniel Drayton, Randall Brown, Los Altos RBs/DBs
2003 – Brigham Harwell, Los Altos DE
2004 – William Wagner, Bishop Amat RB
2005 – Mike McDonough, Covina QB
2006 – Mike McDonough, Covina QB
2007 – Dorian Wells, South Hills, RB
2008 – Chris Allen, Charter Oak, RB
2009 – Adam Muema, Charter Oak, RB
2010 – Chris Solomon, West Covina, RB
2011 – Steven Rivera, Arroyo, QB

PLAYERS OF THE YEAR STORY

His season at quarterback was good enough to make him the All-Area selection at that position.

His season at safety was good enough to land him a spot on the All-Area defense.

Put them together and it’s easy to see why Arroyo High School’s Steven Rivera is the Tribune 2011 Player of the Year.

“It was awesome, I felt like I wanted to jump off the walls or go out and run,” Rivera said of his reaction when he was told by Knights coach Jim Singiser that he would join the long list of Valley football greats who were named Tribune Player of the Year.

“Just to be mentioned with the guys on the list like Pat Haden or Mike McDonough, I think that’s an honor. I think it’s the first time Arroyo has ever had a guy do this. It’s a great feeling to know I’m going to be remembered.”

Rivera is the first-ever Arroyo player to be named Tribune Player of the Year. And beside that distinction he also finished his career as the Valley’s career leader in passing yards and touchdowns, and in the CIF-Southern Section’s top 10 in both categories, too.

But it wasn’t just the 3,408 yards and 38 touchdowns passing that earned Rivera the honor. Nor was it his 429 yards rushing and nine touchdowns, or his 131 tackles, seven caused fumbles, five fumble recoveries and four interceptions. It was the combination of all those stats and the ability to make crucial plays on both offense and
defense that led directly to Arroyo wins.

“You’re talking about a guy who would make a big hit on defense, force a turnover, recover the ball, then come right back out on offense and go right for the throat,” Singiser said. “And he did it a lot. He would force a turnover and then bang, next play we’re in the end zone on offense.

“There were times this year when he threw a touchdown pass, turned right around and went out on defense and got an interception and then two plays later we scored. I’ve never seen anybody be able to effect a game that quickly.”

Rivera led Arroyo to a 10-2 record. The Knights swept the Mission Valley League for the third consecutive year under Rivera. And Rivera got his first postseason win when Arroyo beat Sierra Vista in the first round of the CIF-Southern Section Mid-Valley Division playoffs.

Arroyo was a last-minute touchdown pass by San Gabriel away from being in the semifinals.

For as good as Rivera was all over the field, he had competition elsewhere in the area for the award. Charter Oak quarterback Travis Santiago put together an amazing season for the Chargers and was named the Tribune’s Offensive Player of the Year after throwing for 3,251 yards and 27 touchdowns. Santiago also ran for 552 yards and 11 touchdowns.

With Santiago at the helm, Charter Oak had the most explosive offense in the area and the Chargers finished 10-2 and won the Sierra League because of it.

“My hard work paid off this year and it was about time,” Santiago said. “We won league and it was good for us. That’s one thing we wanted, but as a team everybody wanted more. I think we deserved more.

Overall, it was a good season.

West Covina defensive end Justen Meaders was the pressuring force on a defense that allowed just 14 points per game this season and helped the Bulldogs win their consecutive Southeast Division championship.

Meaders is the Tribune’s Defensive Player of the Year after recording 101 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, 10 1/2 sacks and causing five fumbles.

“Knowing that I was given the chance to be the Defensive Player of the Year is pretty cool,” Meaders said. “All my hard work paid off.

“Last year, I was under the radar, so I wasn’t being keyed on. This year, everyone was trying to stop me and they weren’t really able to.

I put up big numbers. I had more tackles than last year. I’m just happy about what happened.”

For Rivera, sometimes big stats weren’t enough to always guarantee Arroyo a victory. That’s when he had to literally take matters into his own hands.

Against Montebello and La Canada, Rivera stripped the ball at crucial times in both games to secure wins for Arroyo. In the playoffs against Sierra Vista, Rivera stripped a Dons ball carrier and returned the takeaway for a touchdown that turned a 14-10 lead in the second half into 21-10 as the Knights drew away for a comfortable win.

But perhaps Rivera’s best all-around performance came against rival Rosemead. With Arroyo trailing 21-14 and Rosemead inside Knights territory early in the fourth quarter, Rivera stripped a Panther ball carrier and returned the ball to inside Rosemead territory. On the next play, he fired a pass that got Arroyo to the 1 where running back
Peter Aholoka tied the game on the next play.

Rivera wasn’t done, however. Following a stop, Arroyo got the ball back with just over 4 minutes to play and Rivera had huge completions to receivers Andre Kerkhoff and Anthony Leon to set up the go-ahead score. Leading 28-21, Rosemead drove to the Arroyo 25, but Rivera ended the threat by intercepting a pass at his own 15 to give the
Knights the win.

Two weeks later in the league championship against El Monte, Rivera put the fire out early on El Monte’s hot start by forcing a fumble that helped Arroyo erase an early deficit and go on to a 35-20 win. He finished with 368 yards passing and four touchdowns.

“Everybody knows what it takes to be a great play, but nobody wants to do it,” Rivera said. “I took it upon myself to go the extra mile, to run that sprint extra hard.

“It’s all individual stuff, but at the end of the day it couldn’t be possible without the coaching staff and my teammates. They rallied around me and they trusted and believed in me. It’s an awesome feeling.”

Despite all the big wins and huge numbers, Rivera’s personal highlight to the season may surprise some people.

“Highlight of the year would be playing with my brother,” said Rivera, who’s brother James played center for Arroyo. “To go out my senior year and have him be my center and for us to be that close, it was awesome. It brought us together, to tell you the truth.

“It also made my heart warm that I ended up getting Mission Valley League Player of the Year and he got Lineman of the Year.”

Playing football at Arroyo was a lifelong dream for Rivera. He was a ball boy in 2004 when the Knights went 12-1 and lost in the semifinals to South Hills. He would ride the bus with the team and talk about plays with the coaching staff.

Rivera was not classically trained, like most prep football standouts are these days. There was no private coaching or clinics. Heck, to this day Rivera doesn’t own a cell phone and has a part-time job at Lampost Pizza in El Monte.

But he always made time to put in the extra work needed to realize his football goals. If it meant staying after practice long after most of his teammates left, he did it.

Rivera’s season ended with a tough loss to San Gabriel. He fired what appeared to be the game-winning touchdown pass with under two minutes to play. But San Gabriel quarterback Andy Guerrero did him one better by completing a fourth-down touchdown pass in the final minute to earn the win.

The loss still hurts Rivera, but he has no regrets.

“That loss will carry on with me the rest of my life, but I sold out and the guys around sold me out,” Rivera said. “It was beautiful because we were all working together as one. But we just came up short by two points. There was nothing else we could have done. The emotion and tenacity was there to win that game, but we just came up short.
I’m proud of our guys and the way we played that game.”

The Arroyo, San Gabriel Valley and CIF record books will make it so that Rivera’s name won’t soon be forgotten. His records won’t soon be broken and that means his legacy will live on while future quarterbacks take aim at his lofty stats. But for Rivera, the numbers aren’t the only thing he wants to be remembered for. How he got them
is just as important.

“I want to be remembered as the kid who had character,” Rivera said. “The kid who said yes when other people said no. The kid who put in the extra time to run the extra sprints when everybody else was going home.

“I want to be remembered for being that guy.”

MIKE MAGGIORE COACH OF THE YEAR STORY

A year ago, West Covina High School football coach Mike Maggiore was named the Tribune’s Coach of the Year for the second time in his career after leading the Bulldogs to a 13-1 season and the CIF-Southern Section Southeast Division championship.

When asked about his vision for the Bulldogs program, Maggiore stated he believed that West Covina could reach elite status. This season, his program took another big step toward doing just that.

After finishing 13-1 and winning back-to-back titles in both the Hacienda League and Southeast Division, Maggiore is once again the Tribune’s Coach of the Year.

“I think we’re moving in that direction, but we’re not there,” Maggiore said when asked if his program can now be considered among the Southland’s elite. “We’re one of the better programs in the Valley. I don’t think there’s any question about that. We’ve been good for two years and we want to keep going and see if we can even get
better.”

If you broaden things out a bit, West Covina has won three CIF titles in the past eight years. All have come under Maggiore, who has put in place a brand of football that focuses on toughness and speed. It fits perfectly with the type of kids West Covina gets and the rewards have started to show in a big way.

For years, West Covina bankrolled the other programs in the Valley. Top talent that would have gone to West Covina went to places like Los Altos, South Hills or even Bishop Amat. Not anymore. In fact, not only has Maggiore’s goal of keeping the homegrown talent home been reached, now players from outside the area are wanting in on the action.

It all adds up to a burgeoning football empire that can simply reload after losing key players and reach the same goals as past teams.

“My second year here, we lost our three best players to Los Altos,” Maggiore said. “They went over there and won a CIF championship. It’s taken a while to get to a point where kids want to stay.

“I don’t personally agree with all the transferring, but I do understand it. It’s society and that’s the nature of things. It’s nice to be at a level where people want to be involved in our football program. We had 130 kids out between our varsity and junior varsity,
and we had over 60 on the freshmen team. We had a very small number when I started. That’s a testament to our staff.”

West Covina was not without its questions entering this season. Sure, the Bulldogs returned 2010 Tribune Player of the Year Chris Solomon and 2011 Tribune Defensive Player of the Year Justen Meaders, but three-year starting quarterback George Johnson was gone. So was all-purpose standout Beejay Lee, record-setting linebacker Maurice Dupleasis and 4/5s of an offensive line that saw every starter be
named to the Hacienda League’s first team last season.

But the system Maggiore and his staff use remained in place. A rigorous offseason weightlifting program groomed another batch of powerful linemen. The speedsters came in droves and did their thing on both offense and defense. It all added up to West Covina losing only to perennial Southland power Loyola.

The Bulldogs dealt with injuries, including one to Solomon, but won close games over Covina, South Hills and Glendora in the nonleague. By the time league play began, West Covina was getting healthier and starting to roll. By the time the Southeast Division playoffs began, West Covina was a well-oiled machine set for a record-setting
postseason run.

West Covina scored progressively more points in each round of the playoffs than the round before. Everything culminated with a 84-21 win over La Serna in the championship that shattered the CIF record for most points scored in a division championship. And the Bulldogs did it only throwing the ball three times and with a running clock in the fourth quarter.

“I felt like we weren’t in a close game pretty much the entire last half of the season,” Maggiore said. “I don’t think it’s really sunk in how easy it was. It seemed on paper to be pretty easy. Our guys didn’t take anyone lightly.

“We were healthier than we’d been all year going into the playoffs, which is unusual for any high school team. We just kept getting better and better. I was surprised by how well we played in the playoffs. We had a lot of kids that just stepped up and played really well and made everything really easy.”

Judging by what West Covina has coming back next season, the fun may not end anytime soon. Maggiore and his staff are likely to unveil former youth football sensation Antonio “Noodles” Hull at quarterback. There’s a 1,000-yard rusher back in Aaron Salgado. Rancho Verde transfer Justin Hornsby, who looks like Meaders’ twin brother in pads, will be eligible with CIF to play.

After a long offseason in weight room, West Covina should be ready to take another step toward elite status. Maggiore will give his team the opportunity to do just that with tough nonleague games against Loyola and Chino Hills. If the Bulldogs win those games, there’s no telling how things might end up.

And for Maggiore, who already has three CIF rings and quite a bit of career ahead of him, the chance is there to put his name up in some pretty rare air with the top coaches in Valley history.

“I never really expected this,” Maggiore said. “It’s really kind of surprising. When I started, the goal was just to get to the playoffs and try to be competitive more than anything. And I didn’t really know what I was doing.

“You stand back from it, and yeah, I’m surprised with where I’m at. The thing is, we’ve had good players and we’ve had solid assistant coaches. We have coaches on campus who really care about the players. That’s how you win football games.”

• Bulldogs have bite

Congratulations to all the kids of the SGV on a great season of football, and being named to the All Area SGV Tribune Team!

And definately congratulations to West Covina Coach Maggiore, and players Jimmy Frazier, Chris Solomon, Justen Meaders, Dorrin Turner, George Castro, Raymond Amaya and Lonzel Barnett.

Here’s a highlight video of 1st team running back Jimmy Frazier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6JZs6uNyOM

• SGV Pigskin

You fu$&@ing cowards!!!! How dare you name Maggiore the coach of the year! Even he knew he didn’t deserve it! Ziola deserved this honor and you all know it! How do you justify this? Explain how he did a better job than coach Ziola! Ugghhh! Maggiore had all the talent in the world and didn’t have to coach for $#!t to get a title! My dead grandmother could have coached that squad and won the Southeast! Shame on you cowards for taking the easy way out! Adam and Aram, i hope you cowards can slep at night!!!!!!

• Conq 85

Sad day in the SGV. Ziola got SCREWED and everyone knows it!!!!

• thanks bulldogs have bites for the video

the hilite tape for Jimmy Frazier is really good, almost as impressive as J.R. Nelson’s Top 25 offensive plays

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/677768/jr-nelson

• Bulldogs have bite

@thanks bulldogs,

I’m not going to argue about who had the more impressive highlights because both players appear to be very talented. It’s a shame that there was no room for J.R. Nelson on the ALL area team because he looks deserving. But it speaks volumes about the talent we have in the SGV area! I always wonder what kind of season Jimmy Frazier, Chris Solomon or Aaron Salgado would have had if either one of them never had to share the rock with two other 1,000 yard running backs. Three 1,000 yard backs on one team in a single season is just insane! I predicted at the beggining of the season WC would have two, but Jimmy had other ideas!

• highschool fan

like how mike maggiore calls loyola a perennial southland power and on the serra league picks blog every hater is saying that the serra league is weak.even a top coach is saying that a serra team is a southland power. great overall picks but I think ajee montes should be first team. that is why he is the valleys second best D1 prospect at DB behind only solomon. also you have to consider he had to play against kodi whitfield,chris harper,gabriel marks,steve mitchell and sam hunt.no other dbs had that task this year.other than that it is a decent list

• Highschool fan aka amat honk

Look at the post noboy said ths Serra sucked they said they werent D1. See how you guys connect not being D1 and sucking. You guys do it all the time and then wonder why everyone hates you. What was said is they are not good enough to play in the Pac5 and their not which is why they are being moved down. Also if you looking for other reasons why every relishs your failure, well yorr post is a great example when you try to turn a no Amat thread into an Amat thread. Such a self centered group you are. No wonder enrollment is down and transfers are up. But of course its because their not good enough. How about they are not brain washed legecys. Oh and 1 last thing Montes is going to a D 1 scholarship.

• take out the trash please

total BS! How do you not have Austin on first offense? How do you not have Colbert on first defense? Billy livingston ????? Come on , they played nobody but and won nothing.

• Fred Robledo

Glad to see everyone’s in the holiday spirit…You can disagree with our selections, but keep it peaceful, no need to trash talk anyone. We made the selections, not the players or coaches, so don’t take it out on them if you don’t agree.

• Kan B’alam Son of Pakal

Congrats to all the players who made this team! There were a lot of players who could have been on this team. That fact that so many players got left off, is what makes it legit. However, guys are looking around and beginning to say who played who, and who covered who etc. Just because you line up on the field against good teams, does not mean that you “performed”. You really have to separate yourself in order to be a “No brainer” selection. Since all selections are subjective, some players performances in big games, or even a teams success, can sway a reporter to go with another guy instead.

Lets Get this straight!!!! It’s not for certain, that a player will dominate, if they play at a lower level school instead of a upper division school. If that was the case, why do you see guys transfer from these schools, and still have similar or worse numbers, and not ripping and running, or receive a D1 Scholarship do to gody numbers in lower division.

Remember Upper division schools have upper division Lines and good Qbs, so skill players run through upper division holes, and get great balls thrown to them. At Lower Division with the exception of Monrovia and West Covina, everyone around you may not be as good or talented, so it makes it harder for any particular player to stand out. They don’t have exceptional lineman or stud Qbs. You can’t just out run everyone in HS football, you need blocking. Everything is relative to where you are. How about this, how good Loyola be if they had Chris Solomon running for them, behind that line? Would Travis Santiago have those numbers, if he played for Wilson HH? What if Nelson had West Covina’s lineman blocking for him? It’s not like Rivera was throwing to Vaughns, Gilchrist and Bobo. Take nothing away from any of these guys. I had a few people I thought should have made it, but there is only limited space, and this list looks pretty good. Not making this list, does not mean your not a great player, nor does it mean your not going to get a D1 offer. It’s just a group of reporters opinion. I we all sat in room and did this, someone would still be left off. I think the Los Altos coach was the COY this season, but the Wesco coach took that program to a new level, so it happens. The Star news decline to give it to Maddox and gave it to Oliva, which was fitting. Either way you can’t please everyone all the time. Some one is always going to get screwed.

• bulldogs bite – the year of the WCo O Line

@ bulldogs bite

the chances that Frazier, or Salgado, or Solomon getting close to 2,000 yds this year if they were the only RB would have been very probable and i think it also reveals the dominance of the WC offensive line.

But here is another point about the All Area team – Each year will be totally different: Fred posted the All Area from 2007 earlier in the week. That year Tim Gilmore from Wilson was 1st team, yet Nelson beat his reg season record (1704 to 1634) and Gilmores single game record (401 to 355). But Gilmore finished with 1900 because of playing 12 games, 2 in playoffs. A 1-9 record doesnt get much

Also, here is the underlying fact of this year that no one talks about

- The Year Of The Key Player Injury-

Way to many key players had way too many injuries, and no one talks about it. Solomon might have had 2,000 yards if healthy, and Nelson finished the 2nd rusher in the whole valley playing only 7 games healthy. For games 6,7,8 he road the security and janitor carts
    when admin wasnt watching just to get to his classes at school – there are way too many stories like that this year, Fisher from DR comes to mind as one example.

This year the QB’s shined the best, which position will shine next year? Hopefully a healthier year at that

• Aaron

I think the fact that the paper continues to blanket the awards…by going with OL instead of specific positions and the same with DLs, LBs, DBs…shows lack of homework and scouting.

The list of players you put out though is impressive and I’m not sure it would have changed much except on the OL.

Maggiore as the COY is the easy choice…but it also shows lack of credibility in your debate when his team was LOADED…Tip Sanders or Dale Ziola were the perfect choice and were snubbed.

• http://www.insidesocal.com/tribpreps/2011/12/san-gabriel-val-8.html Coal 4 Ziola

Man you guys dropped the ball on Ziola. No disrespect to West Co., but Ziola REALLY did something amazing this year.

• Cong ’76

Congratulations to Coach Maggiore and the rest of the recipients. No doubt his team was heads and shoulders above not only the league but of the rest of the division as well. I am disappointed that COY honors did not go to Ziola. However, I guess in Fred and Aram’s mind, winning with talent beats raising a program from the grave.

Great year LAHS, take even bigger steps next year!

• Ziola next year if u r right

with all of the key seniors leaving L Altos this year, if they are even close to this year’s feat, then Ziola will be COY, guaranteed for next year, that would be a greater miracle

• Cong ’76

Maybe a new category could be considered, such as “Team of the Year” or “Program of the Year”. A category which can distinguish between a spectacular year demonstrated by a team or program and a remarkable coaching job?

• http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvfootball Aram Tolegian

Coach Ziola certainly did a great job. And he was strongly considered. Fred and I talked about this extensively. At the end of the day, exceeding expectations was not a strong enough reason alone to win the award.

Remember, Los Altos didn’t win a league title and lost in the second round. Didn’t finish 2nd or 3rd either. Los Altos was 3-3 and fourth in the Hacienda.

Also remember that this is still Los Altos we’re talking about — one the top programs in Valley history.

West Covina won its league. Won a CIF championship. Produced one of the most dominating runs in postseason history.

This was a team that had very nice talent back from last year, but also had some key guys to replace.

Maggiore and his staff also held this team together quite well when they had injuries early in the season. The only blip was Loyola when WestCo was the most shorthanded it had been all season.

Maggiore had the tangible results, Ziola did not.

They both did great jobs, but we decided to side with the guy who won 13 games and won a league and CIF title.

• Bulldogs have bite

@year of the WCo O line,

You hit on some great points! No doubt Maggiore get’s his linemen on both sides of the ball to perform. He was a linemen himself and looks like he can still play! Factor that in with him also being the Bodybuilding class teacher, which is a required class of all football players and he you get WC consistantly turning out solid offensive and defensive lines! They don’t typically have that Pac-5 size, but they all have the strength and conditioning as well as well coached technique to make up for that size.

About key injuries, I have no doubt Solomon would have rushed for 2500+ yards and 30+ TD’s had he not been injured early. But you gotta hand it to Frazier for stepping up out of nowhere and having a monster season. When Solomon came back and got healthy, coach Maggiore had a welcomed dilema on his hands, how to get the ball to all three of his talented backs?!

About the Coach of the year, only on these blogs will you get people upset that a coach who lead his team to a 13-1 record, 26-2 in the last two years, back to back CIF-SS titles, two all time CIF Records set in a championship final, plus he beat Ziola pretty soundly in a head to head game. Don’t get me wrong, Ziola did a tremendous job turning around LA in his rookie year as a coach and deserves a lot of credit. But sometimes as the victor comes the spoils. But the feel good story will still feel good in the end. So lighten up people and everyone have a merry Christmas!

• Fred Robledo

In regards to coaching, and this is just me, I’ve always had a criteria in my head that you need to win a league title or go deep in the playoffs, semifinals or more importantly a title game to win coach of the year in a year when you have an area coach that wins a championship. I hear the Los Altos arguments, but you can make the same arguments at El Monte, South El Monte and Duarte, all of whom had great turnaround seasons. Someone mentioned Oliva winning coach of the year over Maddox in the Star-News. That’s a perfect example of what I mean. San Gabriel, after a horrible start to the season, surprised everyone by marching to the finals, and giving Monrovia fits in the title game. It was truly an inspiring effort and I agree with that choice for coach of the year for the reasons I stated. It’s easy to say that West Covina had great talent and should of won the title, but that’s the result of a coach building his program over the years, and reaping the rewards when it pays of with a title.

• sgv homer

Fred, Aram, and staff,

Thanks for the great coverage the SGVN group provided to the readers of the SG Valley. Once again it was a pleasure helping with the coverage.

I seen Steven Rivera three times this year (Temple City, Montebello, and Sierra Vista) and came away every time convinced he was the Player of the Year with not only his offensive and defensive stats, but his special teams stats (almost 40 yards per punt). What other player played in almost every down made so much impact on every play?

A lot of players deserve recognition. Unlike league honors where almost everybody is recognized, the All-Area team is a select few. Obviously it is tough making those selections, but I’m sure Fred and Aram stand by them. Winning makes players and coaches look better. Congrats to all selected.

• Sierra League Fan

Congratulations to all the players for all of their hard work and sacrifices this year…it was fun watching all of them play.

I do have one major problem with your team. How can the Sierra League’s defensive player of the year, Naim Colbert not be first team LB??? You picked Alex Arevalo from Damien ahead of him??? I guess you guys know more than all of the coaches in the Sierra league huh?
    You even have Dorrin Turner who was 2nd TEAM ALL LEAGUE….ahead of him….WOW!

Turner and Arevalo are good players, but not better than Colbert

• Cong ’76

I really cannot argue with Fred and Aram’s position in regards to Los Altos kinda, sorta underperforming at crunch time. I believe a win against La Serna would have strengthened the case for Ziola a great deal. I also believe this was a game they should have won.

However, in terms of taking a team from point A the previous season to point B in the next, he did a remarkable job.

• BTW, Gilmore is still playing

Tim Gilmore is still playing football, he is on a semi-pro team as RB, but that also shows the effort from Nelson, Gilmore was always a RB in school, this was Nelson’s first and only year at RB because he was called to do so, and yet he broke some records

• Colt74

First, CONGRATS to ALL the selections!

Kinda bummed that Ziola did not get it, but it’s not my list, and I can’t fault your logic for your selection.

The mere fact that Ziola was even in the discussion speaks volumes for what he has accomplished in his first season there with that program.

2011 : The year of West Covina. What is scary is you know they are not done.

• AZTEC PRISE

Great job Desmond Reed!!!AZUSA FOOTBALL!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS FRED, and come on over for some HOME MADE TAMALES! Have a great WEEKEND! AZTEC PRIDE…

• Football Fan

You people are NUTS!!!

There just is no pleasing…

Maggiore and Ziola, as well as others are all very deserving, but someone has to win.

What busts my bubble, is how quick people jump…

COmments on hear, demeaning the LA season “they did not meet expectations” “lost the games they should have won” etc.

REALLY PEOPLE???

Everybody on hear, including the creators of the blogs picked Los Altos to go 0-10 for the 2011 season!!! And now you say the “flopped”

UNREAL!!!

Lets just give credit where credit is due

Great Job Los Altos, West Covina, Monrovia, San Gabriel, El Monte, S. El Monte, Duarte, LP, Azusa, La Serna, etc…

Great Seasons! I look forward to another great year of SGV Football in 2012.

• Dan

Sierra league fan,
    You never saw Dorin Turner play, your opinion that he doesn’t belong on that list and your boy does is just that, another opinion from an emotional blogger.
    A few reasons that Fred and Aram put him on the list are because he lead the SGV in tackles with 165, and set an all time record at WC for tackles in a season. He also had 14.5 tackles for loss and two picks and a forced fumble. They also saw most of these kids play and made their picks. Turner may not have been a big name coming into the season, but he definately finished big. He started at outside linebacker and was doing great there, but when the coaches had to beef up the inside run defense they moved Dorin to the middle. From then on teams couldn’t run much on West Covina. The Hacienda coaches missed when they didn’t name him first team, or maybe they had their own agenda’s who know’s. Believe me if you saw him play a few games you would have a different opinion of him as a player. Credit to your player as well, maybe he belongs on that list, I’m sure he had a great year but I know with the year he had Dorin belongs on that list too.
    One other thing, it would have been nice to see what a healthy Chris Solomon could have done this year, if you saw what he did in the playoffs when he was at full speed, one can only wonder.
    Congratulations to Steven Rivera, Coach Maggiore, and everybody on that list, also to every kid that played football this year, thank you all for the hard work you boy’s put in.

• AMAT 73

Congratulations to all the young men of the SGV on making the All Trib team. Great job to the LANCERS who were fortunate enough to make this list . Good job guys you all played great this past season.

• Cong ’76

Foootball Fan,

I only mentioned these things in context of Ziola having a better chance to have won COY honors had he beaten La Serna and gone to the Semi’s. That’s all….no one is saying they “flopped”, geez…

The Dorrin Turner and Jonathan Thropay all-league voting snubs are classic examples of why I scoff at all-league voting. I know, I know, the coaches see all the players and blah blah blah. But if that’s true, then how do they consistently brick so bad EVERY YEAR. Things like Turner and Thropay being snubbed in all-league voting happen EVERY YEAR. It’s not because the coaches don’t know their stuff. I have never said that. It’s simply because of politics. Even the coaches would tell you that. Concessions. Tit for tat. “Your guy gets this, my guy gets that.”

Also, we all have to understand (even me) that some leagues do their vote BEFORE the postseason.

• tribune is a bias

jingle bells something smells Fred layed an egg, ho ho ho ha ha your list is a joke . How exactly is it you base your results? You should look at the teams played and strength of schedule anyone can put up wins on weak teams.

• Kan B’alam Son of Pakal

This list is done, now lets talk about the all encompassing team.

Here is some west side “All Encompassing” No Brainers from Mtown.

Brett Walsh 6’1 205 JR LB 4.3 GPA, 192 tackles. 8 sacks, 5 forced fumbles .Most tackles in SGV 2nd in Southern section… All Encompassing 1st team

Ellis “Zeus” McCarthy- automatic 1st team

Deshawn Ramirez- Put him on the team 1st or 2nd.

George frazier V- 2nd team

Mason Bryant- 1st team PK. Most Athletic kicker, in the Valley. Actually he is a real WR/DB as well.

• To Funny

192 tackles
    lamfo

• Football Fan

No Tigtend? No Fullback?
    Come on SGV…

• Answer Me This?

Aram & Fred,

8th ranked running back in the Southern Section makes your second team. 2074 yards Pomona

21st ranked running back in the Southern Section doesn’t make either team. 1704 yards Wilson

32th ranked running back in the Southern Section doesn’t make either team. 1572 yards Charter Oak

49th Nothing 1475 yards Los Altos

50th Nothing 1464 yards Covina

51st first team 1458 yards Bishop Amat

67th first team 1389 yards West Covina

Now before you answer this question, since I already know the answer apply that answer to your MVP. I don’t think his team had one creditable win and once again underachived. A matter of fact this team wouldn’t have made the playoffs if it was in the VVL.

Also please apply your COY critera to MVP of the year.

To Quote Aram,

“Things like Turner and Thropay being snubbed in all-league voting happen EVERY YEAR. It’s not because the coaches don’t know their stuff. I have never said that. It’s simply because of politics.”

How are you any better than those coaches you talk so much crap about.

• Bulldogs have bite

@Answer me this?,

Jimmy Frazier of West Covina actually finished with 1,681 yards this season with an average of 14.1 yards per carry in only 119 carries. The Maxpreps stats for WC have not been updated and are missing stats from the final two games of the season. So actually he would be third on that list of yours in yardage, and probably close to the top in yards per carry. He absolutely deservess the 1st team nod. Answer me this, how would he not be deserving? Especially considering he piled up all those yards wile having to share the carries with Chris Solomon 1,470 yards, 11.2 ypc and Aaron Salgado 1,016 yards, 7.2 ypc.

Jalen Moore, one of the top backs in the Pac-5 two straight years, nuff said.

Justin Fa’aola of Los Altos actually does appear on the 1st team defense as a LB.

J.R. Nelson, only 7 games played this season and Wilson went 1-9. Really can’t warrant a spot of those ahead of him even though he is very talented.

Numbers are nice but they are not the end all be all when selecting these teams.

• football fan

these list are very hard to make.so many deserving kids out there and it is hard to follow what each kid does.it does not mean that these kids are the best in the valley at these positions.it just means they had good seasons and have the stats.a good example is jr nelson.he is not on the list but is the receiver being the most recruited in the valley according to scouting reports.henry omana is being recruited also by some d1 schools also and might choose arizona state.he also did not have a great year and did not deserve to be on the list. congrats to everyone and dont feel bad if you did not make the list.

• It is what it is and Nelson and Yabrough are fine with it

Yabrough isnt complaining about being 2nd team All Area and neither is Nelson for being off the list, he never expects to be on a SGV media list.

They both made 1st Team All Mid Valley Div as RBs, and as Nelson is concerned, that means more to him this year that last year’s ESPN all state as a WR.

And for the record, he played all 10 games, he was only 50% in 3 of them, yet total offense was 2191 yds for the season.

Yabrough was probably the best performing player in the VVL but that will be debated by covina people

• Really?

Justin Fa’aola, Los Altos, Sr.

First team LB?

He was third in tackles on his own team. Beaten out by two other LBs.

Would this by chance just be a make-up call, because their was no fullbacks on the O side?

• voice of reason

Many people knew from the very beginning that you guys would give Player of the Year to Steven Rivera. The fact is, numbers mean nothing when you are in a league like Arroyo’s. Put Santiago in that league, and he would have broken state records. Put Rivera in Santiago’s league and he would have been his back up…….come on. Fred and Aram, who hired you two, the producers of Dumb and Dumber?

• BIGDOG54

Hey voice of reason,
    Quit crying,Santiago got offensive player of the year which is pretty good.Rivera got player of the year for being a star on both sides of the ball.Take Santiago out and your team still wins league. Take Rivera out and Arroyo doesn’t.
    Maybe/hopefully these Qb’s can face off in the Hall of Fame game this summer and you can see for yourself that Rivera is a player.I will go to that game because I want to see Santiago. I hear he is good enough to make Rivera a bench warmer.(according to you)

• david rivera

how not did the coach from los altos not get coach of the year. what a scam this is from the tribune. i really cant believe this and im not even a los altos fan. and by the way who lead the valley in rushing this year. just unbelieveable the injustice this paper does to the players in this valley

• Answer Me This?

To bad you commented before Aram and Fred, they realize where I’m going with this.

Bulldogs have bite,

Your answer was the weakest of them all, first off you left off your list the kid from Pomona whom lead the valley in rushing. If you factor in the team they played on compared to the competition and that gap is even larger in favor of the Pomona kid. Is this list not the best players in the Valley. This list is just as much if not more politically motivated as the coaches lists.

The criteria that Fred and Aram used for the COY if applied to player of the year this kid wouldn’t even be in the conversation. So I have to assume that if you play on a weak team in a VERY weak league with a VERY weak preseason schedule but up great numberes make an early exist in the playoffs, MVP. At least Santiago played against some very good teams.

Clearly Fred and Aram have their favrites and that has been reflected in their list.

Aram look in the mirror, you are a joke.

• Documented Numbers

Frazier stats are based on 12 games;

105 1389 13.23 115.8 61 16

Sir Darius stats are based on 11 games;

183 2074 11.33 188.5 85 21

Nelson’s stats are based on 10 games;

211 1704 8.08 170.4 77 13

Interesting point is Frazier clearly has the weaker numbers of the three of them. Sir Darius clearly has the best numbers of the three of them.

• Bulldogs have bite

@Answer me this,

I did not need to mention Sir Darius Yarbrough, he’s already on the All Area 2nd team! And what do you mean compare teams and competition? If I recall, Frazier had over a 100 yards against Covina in a win and Yarbrough had 70 in a loss against Covina. No real need to go any further than that for a direct comparison right? Your arguments are the only thing weak here.

• Bulldogs have bite

@Documented numbers,

Look at the number of carries! Clearly Frazier had to share the ball with two other backs that also had over 1000 yard seasons.

What’s interesting is that Frazier clearly has the best yards per carry average of the three. Which would be the more fair indicator considering the large discrepancy in carries.

• Pomona

Clearly more hatting on P-Town. Their ate at least 6 players on our team that are better than anyone listed on first team.

We’ve got a post from “Pomona”, “David Rivera” and “Answer Me This” all involving either Los Altos or Pomona. Three out of the six most-recent posts were from “Pomona”, “David Rivera” and “Answer Me This” … and naturally the gripes about Pomona getting snubbed were in there and the obligatory “Aram you are a joke” was the ending for one of them.

Hey MS, take your meds and stick to ONE name. Or don’t, you’re no longer fooling anyone. Say, what junior college coach you gonna try and get fired next year? I can’t wait to find out.

• Aram you’re really gonna miss MS i think

i am 100% sure that David Rivera is not MS, u should be able to see the IP addresess, right???

• Crazy is as crazy does

@Pomona (aka MS), Documented numbers (aka MS), Answer me this (aka MS), & David Rivers (aka MS)-
    1st – clearly you are all the same guy, every one of your posts is “Pro” Pomona and all are posted within minutes of each other.
    2nd – You are one of the most ignorant football bloggers ever. The most important aspect of any offense, qb, or running back is their efficiency. Do the math, dumba**, if Frazier had 183 carries per game he would have run for 2,421 yards and 28 td’s, which is way more efficient than either Sir Darius or Nelson. What a moron you are to say Frazier has the worst numbers of the three.
    3rd – If you are trying to insinuate that Pomona played a tougher schedule then Westco, think again. The Hacienda went 5-1 vs the VV with Westco beating your #1 team and the Hacienda 3rd place team crushing your 2nd place team.
    4th – It truly must be Christmas when MS is complaining that someone from Los Altos didn’t get the nod as the All Area COY
    5th – Don’t be a hatter because your QB over there at Pomona can’t carry Rivera’s jock strap. The kid put up great numbers on both sides of the ball, it doesn’t matter who he did it against. If it were so easy, then why isn’t someone from his school, league, division, putting the same numbers up every year? Santiago is a fantastic QB, but he only played offense, and thus was named offensive player of the year. I bet he’s not complaining one bit.
    6th – Just imagine, next year will be the 1st year in the last 4 years that MS isn’t on this blog with his lips attached to his kids a**. He will probably be at some “never heard of” JC, ridding the coaches ass about his kid being 5th string water boy. Ha Ha Ha – hey where’s that D1 full ride you’ve been talking about for the last 6 or 7 years??? I’ll bet Gano and all the other coaches you’ve thrown under the bus over the years are all laughing their asses off right now.

Crazy is,

You forgot his penchant for ending his posts with some sort of lame shot at me.

Anyway, I think MS and FC and their multi-personalities ought to get together for dinner. What would that be, party of 60? And talk about their work on the blog. It would almost be worth filming with a little “truth meter” down at the bottom of the screen. FC, you can get me an intern or an out-of-work entertainment industry person to handle that, right?

• Bulldogs have bite

Aram,

“I think MS and FC and their multi-personalities ought to get together for dinner. ”

Didn’t Eddie Murphy already film that scene in the Nutty Professor?

lol!

• the overseers of this blog and the spirit of Christmas

the overseers of this blog thanked everyone at the beginning to be in the holiday being nice mode, guess that didnt apply to the overseers themselves

• No name=no recognition

How is Jesse Ojeda from San Dimas left off of first team when he has twice as many sacks as each of the d lineman that were picked for first team??

• Pomona (THE REAL ONE)

Yes I do think Pomona got robbed, yes I exxpected it.

Darius lead the area in rushing. The comment comparing Darius’s numbers to Fraizers numbers in the Covina games was weak. Let me explain why the.difference between the.two teams lines. This kid talent wise is getting a good look from UCLA, but Aram and Fred don’t think so.

Jared, getting a full D1 PAC12 ride and makes second team, OK right.

The.best one of all, the.VVL defensive MVP doesn’t even make first or second team. You have a.linebacker from Covina on your first team. Mikey Todd has been a stud all year, even Covina would agree on that.

But your right Aram your list isn’t politically motivated, right.

• Just Checking

So let me get all the Pomona got ripped off straight. So what everyone (or one person) is complaining about is the 3rd place team from D11 VVL isn’t getting more recognition?
    Now maybe if you lived up to all your hype jusy maybe you would have gotten a little luv.
    But instead you were a bust and know your still running smack.
    Now that is just stupid.

• When you put it that way

Wow! When y ou put it that way, “3rd place team. Division 11. Valle Vista League. Aren’t their only 13 divisions?

Pomona (The Real One) Haha OK. The Real One as compared to all the other fakes. That’s hilarious. Anyway, I think if MS (which stands for Multiple Screennames) had not been on here since spring hyping up Pomona (same way he did Wilson last year), a lot more people may have been impressed by Pomona’s improvement this year. But, as I said, and like every other team this goof hyped the past four years, Pomona didn’t get over the high bar that HE PLACED for the team in the court of public perception.

And yet despite that, he thinks they got robbed in All-Area voting. Couldn’t beat Covina even with Livingston out. Couldn’t beat San Dimas even after a big lead. Couldn’t beat the Monrovia team you claimed to be equally talented with.

I must say, I picked Pomona third in league and turned out to be exactly right. So who’s the expert and who’s the idiot parent?

Case dismissed. Adios, MS.

• the ‘aram pomona tennis match’ continues

OK we all get to see this match going back and forth, however, aram you seemed to not address (or just ignore) pomonas complaint about the LB, #4??

• Creditability?

Aram,

You didn’t address any of his points, with special interest on the linebacker from Pomona?

Best Linebacker in the VVL and league defensive MVP didn’t even make your second team? While another linebacker in that league made your first team.

Creditability?

Sorry, I’m still trying to figure out what “Creditability” means.

• Colt74

Best Linebacker in the VVL? Says whom? It sure wasn’t based on stats.

Go to Maxpreps and compare, side by side #4 from Pomona and #30 from Covina.

Maybe, as it has been pointed out by others… #4 getting Best Defensive player was a concession for someone else getting recognized?
    I don’t know, nor does anyone else that wasn’t part of the giant LET’S MAKE A DEAL…err..I mean selection process.

But like I said and you can see for yourself, STATS sure don’t point to it being a factor.
    Do I think that the kid is a good ball player? Hell yes! But Best Defensive player in the league? Would not be my choice, but then again, I’m as biased as anyone else. And I was not asked to vote. As nor were you.

That is the great thing about discussions. Everyone has their own opinions.

• Half Truth

Colt74,

Love to see you chime in on this with your half true stats. I checked the numbers on both these kids in question and the Pomona kid has better average numbers than the Covina kid. You forgot to mention that your stats were based on 13 Covina games to 8 Pomona games worth of stats. We have grown to expect that from you.

• Pot – this is the Kettle

Funny to see someone from a school that selectively enters stats complain about “half-truths”! Maybe there’s a reason only 8 games were entered on defense (while 11 were entered for his rushing stats) appears to me that Covina is the one that has “the whole truth”!

• Colt74

Half-truth…..??? Oh, you mean giving credit for assists/piling on/being in the general vicinity of a tackle ( which Covina does not do )???

That half-truth?????
    :)

• asdfghjkl,mnbhgytrf…..so random only a highly skilled journalist could figure it out

Wait isn’t the point to generate comments and blog readership? When Aram has a back and forth with some one it’s entertaining and this “tennis match” is just that, entertaining. So score one for Aram, especially since this is happening on Fred’s blog and not his.

As Aram knows when he doesn’t like a comment he deletes it and when he’s tired of the “tennis match” he blocks their IP address(if that’s the correct term)so Aram is holding all the cards here.

Aram knows I’ve emailed him and asked him not to call me out or lump me in with MS. I’ve also posted a comment on here that was deleted to make the point after he received my email and still tried to get in into a back and forth with him. I’ve tried to call him at The Tribune to ask him to please stop but as I was being transfered over they told him it was me suddenly “he was busy”, and yes I hear you, lol.Now you’ve blocked my IP address on your site but engaged me on “this” site, how funny is that and by “funny” I mean gutless.

So I’ll try again Aram and hope you take this to heart and not delete my comment or block my IP address because your feelings got hurt and you really just wnat me to go away.

Here’s a few things for you to consider when you pull on my chain.

1) Some of the most “respected” bloggers on here since Day 1 are people I get along with and would vouch that “we’ve” always spoken to each other with out respect if there was a difference of opinion it was resolved thoroughly, Bonita’s Don and Aaron, Bishop Amat’s Joe Amat and Amat 73, West Covina’s Dan, Azusa’s Aztec Pride and now even CO’s own COChargerFan so I guess one could say I keep good company and don’t tolerate fools well.

2) As far as SGV Coaches go I can also say some of the “best” men out their are friends, DR’s Roddy Layton, Damien’s Greg Gano and Glendora’s Le Duc…add in the assistant coaches I’ve known for years and I think it’s safe to say I’m not MS.

3)If the company you keep is a measure of a man what does it say about a man when you meet his kids. With schools like USC,Arizona, Marquette, USF, TCU, Colgate, UCLA, Notre Dame, Williams College, Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Stanford as options for my kids I think that speaks to my parenting skills in spite of my blog drama for calling out coaches who abuse their power. Last time I checked I don’t recall too many bloggers with those scholarship options do you?

4) When you lump me in with MS you’re talking about a man who never played the game, never coached the game and doesn’t have “Football” in his blood from what I gather, that’s not me. My brother was the DC at Cathedral last year and when Randall Carroll was there, the DC at Compton Colllege for years, DC for the LAPD Centurions, DC for Carson in their Championship year,been a part of staffs at LB Poly, Narbonne, Wilson and Dorsey where he coached Stephon Johnson and Jeremiah Johnson plus countless D1 scholies at schools like Oregon, Cal USC and others. In our family we have over 60 combined years of HS/college/playing/coaching in our blood.I doubt MS or you have those credentials. Me? I chose being a Dad rather than the HS coaching “grind” but still was taught the game well at Salesian.

5) Now as far as you getting froggy with me and “putting me on blast” think about this for a second. When I was having my issues on the blog and at Damien I never once got called out in person and if some one did call me out on here I went to “their” school to work it out on their turf. So calling me out will only do what? I’ve sized you up Aram and with your pasture, weight and inverted shoe pattern I’d say a flight of stairs causes you concern these days so why go there?

Last but not least Aram I have never been shy about extending an Olive Branch to those who feel the need to pull on my chain. I’ve offered that to Mike….errrrrr…Steve Sefton..the Clone, randy, COCF and others and two out of the three have found be to be nothing more than cordial and polite in person.

Try and give credit where credit is due Aram. Even Scott Morrison had the “whole” team sign cards of Thank You when I donated 10k to send injure Damien player Kenny Gibson to China for a stem cell procedure or other cool things I’ve done for others. And even I congratulated him on his son’s “scholarship”, gee I wonder if he’ll do the same?

If my blog persona is rubbing you the wrong way be man enough to accept your part in this, I have. Like I said before Aram, “it doesn’t matter who hates you, what matters is who respects you”. If Mike the Clown is your biggest “fan” what does that tell you? I’ll suffer knowing My Pal Joey is in my corner…lmao !!!

• The Whole Truth

Did I just here a Covina blogger talking about padding stats, leading everyone to believe that Covina doesn’t do that.

Breaking down film on Covina, Livingston had more incomplete passes in the first half in one game than according to Max Prep he had in the whole game.

Monrovia/Covina game, I guess Covina coaching staff forgot to post that Livingston interception in Max Prep.

Colt74 comment,

“Maybe, as it has been pointed out by others… #4 getting Best Defensive player was a concession for someone else getting recognized?
    I don’t know, nor does anyone else that wasn’t part of the giant LET’S MAKE A DEAL…err..I mean selection process.”

Should we assume that someone else getting recognized was the league MVP (Covina Player). He wouldn’t be my selection and was a suprise to many.

• i thought so

i thought so

• SOLOnation20

CHRIS SOLOMON’S 2011 Senior Season Highlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWAaaQpJZcM

Enjoy!

• Monrovia Hammer

So, finially got around to checking this Post out…

FRED you have a narrow view of all area. That is all I am sayin’

• coltfan97

When people make all star selections or all area teams, players will be left off the team and it’s alway’s going to be a controversial!!!!! Their is always the human element involved!!!! It doesn’t mean it was on purpose!!!! I just think we are taking it too personal!!!! Look at it like this, Aram was bragging about Covina’s Offensive Line and not one Covina Offensive Linemen made the first team!!!!

LASTLY, PEOPLE STATS IS NOT THE ONLY CRITERIA IN NAMING AN ALL STAR TEAM!!!!

ColtFan97,

Romano made the team as a defensive lineman. He was also an offensive lineman.

• coltfan97

All I am saying is that with all star selections/all area teams their are always going to be players that are slighted that should be selected, and people shouldn’t take it so personal!!!!

Aram your right!!!!

• Pomona (THE REAL ONE)

Funny how Aram has been monitoring the comments but never responded to my constructive comments other than his personal attacks.

Then we have Colt74 playing the state card, coming up looking like an idiot, disappearing. Now coltfan97 comes out of his hole in an attempt to defend Aram with its not all about stats. Coltfan97 how many of your OL players got a D1 PAC 12 full ride, to only make the tribune second team. Then the valley leading rusher, second team. Now the best one yet the league defensive MVP not making any team.

All I can say is I’m amazed Aram hasn’t come up with any weak a@@ excuse why these Pomona kids were once again on the.short end of the.tribunes list. Now wasn’t it Aram that pointed out no politics in the tribune list.

My point polities every where, espically with anything Aram is involved in.

• CoViNa

To All Pomona Fans

Boy, you guys make the most noise Ive ever heard for a “3rd” place team. 3rd place in a 7 team league, to me that equals just barely over average. Go Away……

• ENOUGH

coViNa, YOU’RE 100% right on that! POMONA your record was 6-5, the games you won were teams that were all mediocre and the teams you lost to were the good teams! Lost in the first round, by these BLOG STANDARDS, EQUALS CRAP! Pomona fans crying all season long, different aliases,(SHAMEFUL,COWARDLY) who ARAM has called out!(EARN IT)!

Now begging on the BLOG! Do us a favor and go crawl back to the hole you came from(COACH)?? Or better yet prove it on the FIELD, and not on FRED’S or ARAM’s BLOG!

THANK YOU…

• WEST COVINA TRIBUNE

It’s no coincidence your office is in Westco.
    The Bulldogs barely neat Covina and should have lost to Glendora (Missed 25 yard field goal)
    ALL there wins were against bad teams.
    Justin Meaders nice kid but defensive player of the year. You have to be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• coltfan97

Aram can defend himself, he is a big boy!!!!! All I was saying is that their is always going to be controversey in selecting all stars/ all area teams. Someone always gets left off!!!!!

By the way Nick Hynes has a full ride to Arizona!!! Not in football, but baseball (you didn’t say what sport)!!!!!

Pomona your a joke!!!!! Seriously, you sound like my daughter when she has a hissy fit!!!! If you want to play that game, Covina beat Pomona with their third string quarterback!!!! What does that have to say about Pomona’s team????

• enough

It’s about time you COVINA FANS started telling these POMONA FOLKS to shut up. ENOUGH ALREADY!

• No Crying In Football – Covina

You Covina bloggers are funny.

I started this with the obvious injustice of the Pomona running back. Now Pomona points out multi over sites by the Tribune, which validates my point that the Tribune’s all-area team is just as politically motivated if not more than the coaches all-league teams.

My question is why all the crying from the Covina bloggers, sounds like Covina has the Rodney Dangerfield complex not Pomona.

• coltfan97

Just wondering here is Pomona and Chino Hills even in the Tribune’s delivery area?

• Pomona

No Pomona isn’t.

Their lies the issue.

The comment earlier about the tribune located in West Covina (Covina) only starts to address the Tribune’s motivation (politically) in picking their all-valley team.

The tribune is about circulation (money) and Pomona and chino hills player selection doesn’t help their circulation.

All I’m saying is the tribune selection process is just as bad as the coaches process if not worse, zero accountability.

• coltfan97

Pomona Are you saying that the tribune put West Covina and Covina players on the All Area Team because the tribune is located in West Covina? Are you serious????? I heard it all!!!!! Pomona you really are a joke!!!!

• Pomona

No I’m not saying that, someone else said that. I’m saying the tribune has its personal agenda just like the coaches. Teams out of its circulation area are going to be on the short end. That has been my point for months.

• Kan B’alam Son Pakal

Pomona had some athletes. Sir Darius could have been on the 1st team, but Jalen Moore is deserving as well. They could have had 3 RB’s and 2 WRs and left out Duran. However it is what it is. The monrovia game was a non issue. If P town beats either Covina or San Dimas in league, they would have been a higher seed in the lower bracket, and would not have played Monrovia until the Finals. Besides Sir Darius did fumble going into the endzone in the game against Monrovia, and did get shut down in the Second half.That play was the game in my opinion. He only had 1 big run. 2nd team it is. Stats are good but they are not everything. If had 300-400 yards less he might not be on the team at all.

• Sybil, I’m sure you’re smart enough to deduce who this is right?

All this back and forth and Sir-Darius made the Daily Bulletin 1st team All Valley @ RB. My guess is Aram probably should have known that and shut up Pomona a long time ago but didn’t. And I’m guessing MS knew that too but didn’t find that too be enough so he pretended that Sir Darius was somehow slighted.

End result: Lots of comments about nothing and a huge waste of time that turned every one off. MS got to pretend he’s “loyal” and Aram got to pretend to be “tough”. Talk about a cat fight! LOL

Once again no one does any home work and talks out of the wrong end of their body and innocent individuals get run over, Pomona’s community and MS’s kid who ever one says is a great kid, but who cares right?

Aram mentions multiple names as being the measure of a man or a sign of cowardice, I don’t agree. A coward takes things out on a kid because you can’t sit and talk it out with their parent. A coward picks a fight publicly but won’t answer an email or pick up the phone when you say “let’s take this off line” knowing it will only get ugly for your family. A coward calls you out for using multiple names but allows multiple names to blast away. That’s a coward in my book.

Aram and MS take your BS off line already. Knowing both of you neither one of you could hurt the other any way, or would want to in spite of tough talk. Over the years the years I’ve personally met some of teh biggest trash talker on line and in person they are all the same, kitty cats, lol. This ain’t high school gentlemen and from my guess you guys probably never had a fist fight in your lives, lol.

• CoViNa

Pomona Fan,

Go to NFL.COM the Pro-Bowl selections are out. Go ahead and complain how Pomona players got snubbed on those selections as well. Noone cares about you guys Pomona. After all your Pomona, 2nd best team in Pomona behind Diamond Ranch. so again you guys are a middle of the pack school in your own city, only better than Garey and Ganesha. GO AWAY, wait till next year and than come on here again, say how loaded you guys will be, All this talent, transfers, whatever you guys say to try and convince yourselves that you guys are good. Than finish in 3rd place again. You guys are a joke of a program, not even a program, you guys are a joke of a school when it comes to football. 3rd place, first round losers, and proud of it.

• JMO

Fred & Aram,

A little birdie told me that Bogan officially stepped down this week, can either of you confirm this rumor. The second rumor in this story is even better if he actually did step down.

• JMO

Fred,

I must of hit the nail on the head eh, everytime I bring up this rumor I get deleted. At least acknowledge that I’m right and I’ll shut up and let you break it.

• Covina Football Program Biggest Disappointment Of The YEAR

Covina bloggers you have some balls, coming on this thread and talking about Pomonna’s third place finish. At the end of the year Covina has to be the biggest disappointment. You guys were predicted to win it all. Get brownout in the semi’s by Monrovia. That game was over in the second quarter. The same Monrovia team that didn’t pull away from this Pomona team until the 4th quarter. It’s not how you start it’s how you finish, and Covina was embarrassing. Now look at your team, all we are hearing is Ainsworth is looking to jump ship. Your head coach knows you done so he is making an early exist. This Covina team is going to be a joke next season. So you can keep riding this great team that you thought you had, that really ended up being just another big disappointment.

• CoViNa

My point exactly:

Monrovia didn’t pull away till the 4th qtr..

Congratulations.. you won a first round exit.
    turning in your gear friday night week 11.

btw, we didn’t get “brownout” we got blownout.
    l & r aren’t even near each other in the keyboard??
    Good job Pomona…. You “almost” spelled it right.
    just like u “almost” beat Covina, “almost” beat San Dimas, and “almost” beat Monrovia.

I’m almost done here with u.

• coltfan97

Biggest dissapointment my a$$!!!!

I wonder who started that rumorville with Ainsworth leaving Covina!!!! It was one of the Monrovia Bloggers who started that rumor!!!! Remember Monrovia needs a runningback next year!!!! But you know something thats all it is a rumor!!!! Until he transfers its only a rumor!!! So before says anything get your facts straight!!!!

By the way Pomona how many step up games did you win this year????? That’s right one!!!! Pomona you went 1-4 in your step up games!!!! Covina went 2-2!!!!

• CoViNa

Ainsworth would be a fool to transfer from Covina next year, no disrespect to the Ainsworth family. With what Covina has coming back next year, he is going to put up huge numbers, on both sides of the ball. This will definitely get him to a Div 1 school next year. The Line will be above average, and the skill positions will be solid at best. They will have a QB who from what I hear has alot of similiarities to Mcdonough. So you add those 2 in the backfield and you come up with big numbers for him. Plus this coming year the DC will have no choice but to start him at Linebacker.

• WHY ARGUE

Covina, why even argue with these POMONA fans WHO WANT RESPECT, and ended up beating NOBODIES! They came in here LIKE BIG DOGS, and now whimpering like puppies! POMONA, what a joke…

STOP THE BITCHING AND BEGGING.

• CoViNa

Why Argue,

You are right:

POMONA FAN,

You guys are “ALMOST” a topic on here
    You guys are “ALMOST” SGV
    You guys are “ALMOST” Inland empire
    You guys are “ALMOST” San Bernardino county
    You guys are “ALMOST” making me feel bad for you guys..

I said ALMOST..

• Pomona

DARIUS made first team all-area in the daily bulletin, that’s a great accomplishment. All those D2 and D5 teams, upland and Rancho to name a few. I guess the talent out their isn’t as good as the SGV.

• FYI

@ Covina bloggers
    Please be aware of the fact that there is just 1 Pomona blogger that is posting. Every one of these posts is by “He who shall go unnamed”. If you look at all of his posts you will see the same types of grammatical errors on almost every post (just trying to point out that it is obvious that there is just 1 person posting for Pomona) “He who shall go unnamed” is just pissed because he sees the end of the road. After years of trying to manipulate and destroy every sporting program and every person within those programs that got in the way of his master plan, he has just come to the realization that he has failed horribly. No All League honors, no All Valley honors, No D1 or D2 scholarship, and nothing but a scorched earth in his wake. Lets not disrespect the rest of Pomona just because they were unfortunate enough to be the final landing spot for “He who shall go unnamed”. The truth is that Pomona has a good football program, some very good athletes, a coach with a resume that includes 2 CIF championships, and a great history that is very similar to that of Covina. Based on the common opponent of Chino this year, I would have to say that Pomona was a better team then Diamond Ranch, and with Rice beating Layton at his own game (recruiting) it will probably remain that way for years to come.

• Same Old Sh*t

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CIF CHAMPIONS OF THE SGV!

Then, there is:
    Covina who chokes on the big one, but still thinks they’re relevant! LMFAO…! Where’s Colt74 to collect his a$$ handing?

Pomona – you’re the new broad in town and need to give it up to get respect from SD and Covina!

But the worst has got to be the Bishop Amat Lancers! Can you at least be competitive next year?

• but what about…?

If anyone remembers, sir dairus rushed for about 2 years on Naim Colbert and their starting defense. He then made up for it by getting 17 yards on their second team defense. So stats only go so far.

• reality

To bad but these blogs have become the haunt of pimps and dealers fighting each other to sell their product to all willing to listen and its only going to get worse. And the innocent are the 16 year old kids. To many of you bloggers are just sick.

• WHSFOOTBALL

SGV FOR 30/POMONA AND THE REST OF THE NAMES YOU USE!!!

WATTS HS!!! LOL

CAN WE GET THIS GUY A BABY WIPE?

WAIT WHERE IS POMONA’S QB? NO ON THE LIST? WHY???

• Hey WHSFOOTBALL

im not from Pomona, but a lot of people felt that “the son” as you say should have been the second team VVL QB instead of Kennedy from SDimas, and the stats are there to suggest it, though it is what it is, and no where do you see MS bringing up his own son here, on any of these blogs

• SGV FOOTBALL

Here is another all area team done by ESPN if you havent seen it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/preps/post/_/id/13393/l-a-south-all-region-football-teams

• ????

Aram & Fred,

Please explain how players from San Dimas and Pomona are on the TRIBUNE’s second team for the SGV and both players end up on ESPN ALL SOUTH LOS ANGELES COUNTY F I R S T team.

Tribune;
    OL — Jared Kough, Pomona, Sr
    DL — Jesse Ojeda, San Dimas, Sr

ESPN;
    OL Gerrad Kough, Pomona, Sr. – The Colorado commit spearheaded a Pomona running game that averaged more than 215 yards per game.

DL Jesse Ojeda, San Dimas, Sr. – He only measures 5-feet, 7-inches but Ojeda was a force for the Saints, getting to the quarterback 17 times

Aram no Politics in the selection process at the TRIBUNE?

• Bonita

Garrett Horine was good enough to be named the Hacienda League Defensive Player of the Year, but not good enough to beat out two DBs from the mighty Montview League??? You guys sure know your football.

• AZTEC PRIDE

Bonita, real easy to put down the players from the MIGHTY MONTVIEW LEAGUE, well said by the way, and those are your words! I don’t know anything about the player from LP, but i’ll speak for DESMOND REED! Reed went both ways, and to tell you the truth I thought he did better at running back! Why don’t you ask several players from San Dimas on how he played or Cerrittos Valley Christan. Played outstanding!

Yes somebody does know football and reconizes talent when they see it! Your post is pathetic!

AZUSA FOOTBALL!

• Amat…Tell How My A$$ Tastes!!!

My 2010 and 2011 rings make me very happy!!!

What comforts the Bishop Amat Lancers teams from:
    1996
    1997
    1998
    1999
    2000
    2001
    2002
    2003
    2004
    2005
    2006
    2007
    2008
    2009
    2010
    2011
    2012 hahahaha
    2013 hahahaha!!!

Wow…Amat, you are fast approaching 20 years without a CIF Championship Ring!!!

How does that feel???

WC Daws, baby!!!

• AZTEC PRIDE(AZUSA FOOTBALL)

Bonita, I take it back and you might have point! Yeah, I could see why you have a dispute on one of the players from MIGHTY MONTVIEW LEAGUE, since you’re picking on the Montview league! Yeah, you see AZUSA put up 50 Points on LA PUENTE, who at the time was 9-0 and the THE MONTVIEW LEAGUE TITLE was on the LINE when they played AND YOU KNOW WHO THAT GAME! So you may have a point!I’ll say no more and you seem intelligent enough to FIGURE THAT ONE OUT!

AZTEC PRIDE!

• Bonita

Aztec Pride,

Ask those same SD players who they would have rather played against, Desmond Reed, a player on a team who was beat by SD, or Garrett Horine, a player who totally dominated the Saints.

• Garrett Horine Fan

Aztec Pride Garrett Horine made second team All Area as a Soph along with a kid named Solomon, also a So. Last year they met in the Championship Game. This year Garrett won his League’s defensive POY…yet was second team.Add in that he’s 6’4″ and 215 all muscle and can run, rit and cover.

BTW he starts on the Bonita Basketball team as a three year varsity stud.

Last year he was kept off…hmmmmmmmm.

• Bonita

Aztec Pride,

Step out of the box a little bit and look at this with some objectivity, not from your personal bias.

The coaches of the Hacienda League felt that Horine was the best defensive player in a league with teams that consist of West Covina, Diamond Ranch, Los Altos, Diamond Bar, and Bonita, all teams that would win the Montview League with relative ease.

I’m sure Reed and Patini are great hard working kids, but not at the same level as Horine. And if you don’t believe me, go ahead and ask UCLA bound Taylor Lagace felt about Horine after Garrett decapitated him when he ran a post route over the middle.

• AZTEC PRIDE

How’s this BONITA, all purpose wise I would go with DESMOND REED! PLayed both Offense and Defense, was a hell of a tailback, can Horine go both ways? Only time will tell who be playing at the next level!

• SGV

Here’s one for you fa’aloa from Los Altos first team LB, his stats put him as the second best linebacker on his team. Players on his own team were scratching their heads on that one. Had to be a make up call for not making first team running back, which he desired.

• Bonita

Yes Horine was also one of the team’s top receivers and a player every team tried to put their best guy on. Didn’t have remarkable receiving stats mainly because Bonita didn’t have the type of trigger man they have had in the past so they went to primarily a running offense.

• Garrett Horine is a D1 ATHLETE

I told SGV Guru a year ago he was missing the best player in the Valley, no one knows about, in Garrett Horine. Kid has all the coachable intangibles any coach would want. He’s strong, big, fast, disciplined and a serious work ethic.

I’ve been on this blog from Day One, or pretty close, and there aren’t too many players I’d stick my neck out more than Garrett Horine.His upside is flat out unreal.

How many players can go to a D1 school and play TE, WR, SL and then flip sides and play LB, DE or Safety ? Not many. At TE he adds muscle, understand routes based on his Safety background. At WR he’s a match up problem and just too physical. At the slot the kid is fearless. Reminds me of Riley Cooper.

On defense, where he’s been he’s a coaching project that pays off big time. 6’4″ 215 and his Dad is 6’2 245 and rock solid still, so genes are solid. Garrett could easily carry 245 and not lose a step.

All this is nothing compare dto teh kind of kid he is off the field and the kind of family he comes from. A few years ago USC took a gamble on Ryan Mc Mahon…Garrett’s on another level.

If Aramis right and scouts do read this then some one will get to this kids Basketball games and see what a physical specimen this kid is.

Solomon is a polished training freak with great numbers but ask yourself this question, How many great next level players did we never hear about until they “made it”. That’s Garrett Horine.

Aztec Pride I respect your loyalty and love your class but Garrett Horine starts on any team Bishop Amat played this year and other than Solomon and Ellis how many players can say really that? Probably six….he’s that gifted.

• AZTEC PRIDE

GARRETT HORNIE IS A D1 ATHLETE, MY GOODMAN I NEVER SAID HE WASN’T DESRVING OF THAT HONOR. BONITA FAN SLAMMS THE MONTVIEW LEAGUE PLAYERS AS USUALLY PEOPLE DO ON HERE,AND I REBUTTAL HIS COMMENT. WELL NOW IT’S TURNING TO THIS. IM USING MYSMART PHONE AND REAL HARD TO DO,SO I’LL TALK TO YOU TOMORROW. I’M NOT THE SGV TRIBUNE FOLKS!!! AND YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE YOUR COMPLAINTS TO THEM.

• AMAT 73

taste or lack of ,
    I take it you meant to sign your name as WC Dawgs instead of WC Daws . Don’t tarnish what has been a nice run by WC these past two years. AMAT plays in their division and you in yours. What comforts our teams is they competed and played as LANCERS and gave it their all . Also kicking the shiat out of WC in a couple of those years felt pretty good also . See we can all get stupid when an idiot such as yourself trys to stir the pot so sit back and enjoy those rings.
    As far as Horine issue I was also suprised he did not make first team at DB or even all purpose as he is a double threat. I had posed a question twice to both Fred and Aram as to how they judge the players picked. My main point was since they get to see many of the SGV players go up against each other or in cross over games when the play like opponents how do they gauge the AMAT players when we only played 1 SGV team . I was not knocking nor hyping AMAT players but just wanted to know and especially when you see a great player like Horine not a first teamer and there are a few others in question as you can see by many posts .Maybe even a half azz explaintion would help but by some of the replies from our scribes you get the feeling from them we do not deserve an explaination nor do they care to give us one.

• Bonita

Aztec Pride,

My complaints were to the SGV Tribune, not you. But you got offended because you felt your league was being insulted which I understand, but once again look at it with some objectivity and put the shoe on the other foot. As a matter of fact, I’ll put the shoe on the other foot.

If there were a kid from a Sierra League team that received League Def. MVP or an Amat kid received Def. MVP for the Serra League and they were left off the All-Area team over two players from the Hacienda League, they would have a legit gripe. I use these two leagues because they are in higher divisions and stronger leagues than the Hacienda. I’m trying to be objective here, but it sounds like if others agree with me too so if my post gave Horine some exposure, then mission accoomplished.

• bobbradstreet

Can’t wait for the all star game, in 2011.
    What a group of ball players.
    By the way, I was at most WCovina practices and the coaches had to work hard. Grandma was’nt there.

• Dog Town

Amat 73 I see your back here blasting WC again. Did Santa give your wish? Let me guess, another ring for Amat. well maybe your secound wish will come true.. A DOZEN TAMALES RIGHT? I hope they taste good. BTW we are sitting back and enjoying the rings. Why can’t you quit making a case for Amat it’s OUR TIME!!!!

• Sgv baller

everybody has a different opinion on who should be on the list.the tribune has a better understanding on what goes on in the valley. other publications,magazines or sports channel might not know the valley as much because they only see the top teams . you go to Max Preps top recruits list and only 4 players from the valley are listed. ellis macarthy,owens,seymour and at QB Rio RUiz (not on the top 25,but listed} these polls are about how you performed this season. not how good the player would be in the next level. congrats to everyone on the list. some great players got snubbed but maybe they just did not do as much this year as the players listed.

• Sgv sports

Any truth to Bogan stepping down @ South Hills high school?

• Observantcat

Ellis McCarthy is not only listed, he is #8 nationaly and #1 California recruit.

• Dan

Actualy Dogtown, It was a poster about 10 post below Amat 73 signed as “Amat …how does my A## taste”, and who ended his post signed as WC Daws who came out of the blue and blasted Amat first. I got a feeling it was a WC imposter cause it was almost identical to “Notsince 1995″‘s writing style.
    Amat 73 was just responding to the put down.

• sgv baller

@observantcat.ellis is 8 overall in recruiting class .that is including all positions. he is listed number 1 as a defensive linemen. seymour is in top 25 also in the DB position. no other SGV player is in top 25 in there position.

• paul

To SGV regarding Faaola ,

Man let it go your obviously upset your son, nephew or maybe just buddy didnt make all valley or even all league , i get that but why not speak of who you prefer rather then slam a 16 year old and his accomplishments.Im pretty sure the tribune gathers the best of the valley an honor them , as for stats did you ever think of how other coaches scout teams and run plays away from certain players ?? Yes they do that !! at the end of the season as injuries altered their rb rotation faaola was not played as much on D so he can carry more ,did you think of that ? yes that happened !! Overall los altos had an incredible year and yes if they would have went further more would have been recognized but why not just say congrats to Faaola and his whole team for a great season ..why not suprise me and tell me who would you have voted for?? & be honest where would la have been w/out faaola ?? CONGRATS JUSTIN & LOS ALTOS AMAZING SEASON !!!!

• WC Daws

AMAT 73

REALLY? That’s all you’ve got left in your empty bag of distorted facts and “when we were great” stories?

“AMAT plays in their division and you in yours.” Sounds to ME like you’re distancing yourself from the failures of your football program.

AMAT73 what did you mean by “AMAT plays in THEIR division?” You only support the lancers when they win? If yes, you’ve been waiting a long time to support them! HAH Almost 20 years now!

And what about your comment “What comforts our teams is they competed and played as LANCERS and gave it their all.” What the hell does that mean?

So now the lancers don’t play to WIN?

What it this Intramural sports?

THIS IS CIF—SON!

WC DAWS — CIF Champions 2010 and 2011!