Tribune Girls Basketball Rankings
1. Bonita (15-2) — Have won eight straight and are looking like the are’s No. 1 team. They face Diamond Bar on Friday, which could be interested with the Brahmas much improved.
2. Bishop Amat (14-5) — Opened the Del Rey with a 41-31 loss to Serra and will take on rival St. Paul at home tonight. The Del Rey is tough, all five teams have overall winning records.
3. Diamond Ranch (14-5) — Like how they responded with key senior Erika Williams out for an indefinite time with a knee injury. They earned a big win over rival Diamond Bar and should remain unbeaten in league until they meet Bonita again.
4. Covina (14-3) — Colts are surging and Ashli Baddorf is averaging 17 points. She has 27 points against Nogales last week.
5. Duarte (10-1) — The Falcons will continue piling up wins in the Montview. The only team that has a chance to beat them is Workman, who they beat at Workman last week by two points.
6. St. Lucy’s (11-4) — The Regents are 2-0 in the Sierra and looking like real contenders to take the league title.
7. Wilson (13-5) — The Wildcats are the second best in the VVL. After losing to Covina they bounced back with two wins.
8. Rosemead (11-7) — Tied with Arroyo with identical 11-7 overall records and both 2-0 in league heading into Wednesday’s showdown at Rosemead at 4:45 p.m.
9. Glendora (11-7) — The Tartans started the Baseline in the worst way possible, 0-2, and now it’s a dogfight the rest of the way.
10. Workman (13-4) — Evelyn Herrera isn’t the only reason the Lobos are winning. Sure she averages 25 points a game, but the Lobos are feisty on defense.